Author Topic: Shin Megami Threadsei  (Read 10047 times)

Jmyster

• Knives
Re: Shin Megami Threadsei
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 04:44:12 AM »
Ugh, man, that feeling when you heavily dislike Law in this game but still end up on the Law route by about one point (curse you suicidal woman in Ikebukuroooooo!!)

Ah well, that will just make later runs sweeter. Besides, Law does at least give you the option of
Spoiler:
Kicking the crap out of Mastema at the behest of the archangels, who was the shady mastermind behind Law in Strange Journey. Well that and Lucifer 2.0 has an AWESOME boss theme

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 06:07:36 AM »
I have successfully achieved Neutral Route.  Heck yeah.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 05:45:16 AM »
Bumping to bitch about Neutral Route needing you to complete ALL the side quests skdjflkgjslkdfjgh ARGH

also a little reference joke you might have missed

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »
Bumping to bitch about Neutral Route needing you to complete ALL the side quests skdjflkgjslkdfjgh ARGH

also a little reference joke you might have missed
http://i.imgur.com/GG5CjAi.png

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »
I knew Wicker Man was going to reference the Cage movie somehow.

Yeah, Law and Chaos have quick and straightforward endgames Neutral, while still awesome by virtue of being neutral, does not.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 03:03:49 AM »
Blehhhh.
I finally got myself unstuck and all of the hinting that the game provides tells me that I'm currently Law aligned (barf)
Currently faffing about in Ginza, attempting to
Spoiler:
kill the Black Samurai again.
The game's difficulty had picked up again, as well. I hadn't seen Charon in a while at this point, you see, so he was more than happy to return to hoovering up all my Play Coins.

Taizen > Lv. 42
Kaiwan > Lv. 41
Titan > Lv. 40
Zhoutouchen > Lv. 40

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
david what the hell

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:03 PM »
Beelzebub is an absolute whorebag in this game.

"I'm gonna cast Megidolaon three times in a row!"  Fuck you :fail:

Twillsky

• I know what I mean.
  • Yep.
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »
So I finished my first runthrough of the game, but I have no idea what ending I got. Could someone spoilertag the neutral ending so I don't have to wander around and risk accidentally spoiling the other two?

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 01:51:13 AM »
Oh hey so is this the thread where I get to lament my failure in having a sense of direction in P2: Innocent Sin?
Because it took me until like the 5th dungeon to learn that there was a map button to supplement the dinky minimap and save me from endlessly walking around in circles making motorcycle noises at demons.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but you know.  The whole progressing the game thing.  Is there anything I should know as a first time Persona player that I might not?

I had been burned on Persona games from watching MJP play the high school dating sim that is Persona 3, this seems better in that regard (so far, watch me be proven wrong) and I've got some of the regular ol' SMT games in my Goozex queue so eventually I'll get a shot at them.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 02:55:42 AM »
So I finished my first runthrough of the game, but I have no idea what ending I got. Could someone spoilertag the neutral ending so I don't have to wander around and risk accidentally spoiling the other two?
I have no idea how you're confused honestly, the endings are super clear.  If I told you that Walter and Jonathan were the Chaos and Law heroes it should be pretty clear which side you took just by who you were with and who you
Spoiler:
fought as a final boss
at the end.  If that doesn't fit,
Spoiler:
and you fought both of them as 'final' bosses then you did indeed get neutral

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
Oh hey so is this the thread where I get to lament my failure in having a sense of direction in P2: Innocent Sin?
Because it took me until like the 5th dungeon to learn that there was a map button to supplement the dinky minimap and save me from endlessly walking around in circles making motorcycle noises at demons.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but you know.  The whole progressing the game thing.  Is there anything I should know as a first time Persona player that I might not?

The Persona 2 Innocent Sin dungeons are a thing. If it weren't for the frequent story-related cutscenes that happen I'd be frustrated to no end with how much they drag on.

The best thing you can probably do in P2 is grab a piece of paper and note down which negotiation skills work on which demon every time you enter a new area, otherwise you don't get much in the way of items/cards/rumors and that makes it quite more fun. Fusion spells are pretty much the best thing you can go for but you have to find out how to do them, so I suggest switching orders around in your party often to check and see if the spells you're generally using as damage-dealers happen to spark up a new fusion spell. Just don't look for the combinations online because it kills the fun.

Note that fusion spells are not only a heavier source of damage altogether, but using them has a somewhat decent chance of giving one of the personas involved weird bonuses, like increasing their ranks, giving them stat boots or a chance to mutate into a new, higher level persona.

Twillsky

• I know what I mean.
  • Yep.
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 04:22:27 AM »
That's clearly not the end that happened to me (though I'm starting to believe that it was some sort of bad end). Mine went like
Spoiler:
going to two different worlds after activating the Yamato Reactor- a nuclear wasteland of Tokyo and a war-ravaged (infernal) Tokyo with demon gang wars. Afterward, I chose to destroy the reactor and asplode the universe.

How much did I screw up :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 05:07:55 AM »
That's clearly not the end that happened to me (though I'm starting to believe that it was some sort of bad end). Mine went like
Spoiler:
going to two different worlds after activating the Yamato Reactor- a nuclear wasteland of Tokyo and a war-ravaged (infernal) Tokyo with demon gang wars. Afterward, I chose to destroy the reactor and asplode the universe.

How much did I screw up :V
Oh. 
Spoiler:
I tend to forget Nothing End is an actual thing, and yes, it's basically a bad end.  You can get it regardless of your alignment; hell, the decision immediately afterwards is the actual route split.

Twillsky

• I know what I mean.
  • Yep.
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
Huh. Figured as much. At least it was fun to cheese pretty much the whole middle/endgame via PUMP ALL THE MAGICS. Time to get onto expert mode, methinks.

Phoenon

• Let's Rock, Baby
  • Woop Woop
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »
I want to start up SMT Nocturne sometime, on one hand because it has Dante from the Devil May Cry series in it, and secondly because it looks hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »
Bump because I just got SMT4. Sure, I haven't advanced too much (Just got the quest to
Spoiler:
rescue Navarre
) since with the Club promo I've gotten EO4, but.
Are the Smirks different for enemies? I seem to be unable to hit smirking demons, and my party members seem to hit criticals more reliably without dodge buffs.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2013, 01:17:30 AM »
Smirks are equivalent to triple Tarukaja, raise accuracy to 95%, dodge to 80%, critical to about the same,  and does.... something else I don't recall at the moment.

Anyway.
I've picked up SMT4 again...
I've just entered the Reverse Hills.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight.