Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264159 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #720 on: May 26, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »
It's fake (I've seen the probable real one, it's on the wiki now). Still, it seems like something that would be worth translating, if only for curiosity.

Is it? Ah, well that was fun while it lasted anyway!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #721 on: May 26, 2013, 06:17:57 AM »
Spoiler:
yukkuris are canon now?
Spoiler:
I already said that!

« Reply #722 on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:33 AM »
She shoots her head at you because she's one of those headless youkai.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #723 on: May 26, 2013, 06:43:14 AM »
So it seems that Sakuya's bomb is like the Marisa C bomb from SA, except it clears nearby bullets and has a period of invincibility at the beginning. If your hit while the bomb is active, it clears the screen. If you survive the duration, you get 3/8 of a bomb.

I don't understand the rest of the mechanics though, like what causes the life and bomb items to drop during the stage.

« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2013, 06:48:45 AM »
So it seems that Sakuya's bomb is like the Marisa C bomb from SA, except it clears nearby bullets and has a period of invincibility at the beginning. If your hit while the bomb is active, it clears the screen. If you survive the duration, you get 3/8 of a bomb.

I don't understand the rest of the mechanics though, like what causes the life and bomb items to drop during the stage.
It happens whenever you collect a bunch of point items at once (by going to the top half of the screen). Not sure of the details though.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:24 AM »
There seems to be some kind of item chaining system. When a lot of items are auto-collected in a short time, effects happen, such as some kind of multiplier (UFO-style value increase?), and the appearance of a bomb part. Or sometimes a life part. Not sure what determines the exact reward. It may relate to the quantity of items collected.

The starting number of bombs has returned to 3. You also get a free bomb part after every boss phase, like with SA's life parts, complete with it not appearing if you die on that phase, I think. Plus an additional bomb/life part after spellcards because of the point items the boss drops.

Bombs auto-collect items again like in LLS-MoF (seems to preserve maximum value like UFO/TD auto-collect, but it's hard to tell). It seems they also can trigger chains, allowing for the possibility of bombing for life parts. The bomb seems quite short, more like a border break, with no Sakuya-specific details, so it may be the same for all characters like in MoF (edit: actually, as several others are saying, it seems to function like SA MarisaC's bomb with an extra screen clear, giving you 3/8 of a bomb back if you don't break the border, not sure how I missed that). It's also used as the death wave. (Dying is the same as in UFO otherwise, -1.00 power, with .07 scattered.)

Canceled bullet value is quite high compared to SA/UFO/TD, though still lower than MoF. It seems to be the primary method of increasing PIV (though that might just be because the player isn't actively scoring).

On the topic of PIV, it seems to only start at 10,000, instead of 20,000 on Lunatic like in UFO/TD.

Spell bonuses are 9m/12m/15m in the video, and 13m for Hard stage 3 in the earlier screenshot. Tentative formula = (3 * stage number + 2 * difficulty value) * 1 million. Definitely more emphasis on spell bonuses here. Also stage clear bonuses have been increased: stage number * 3 million. Still not that high.

Oh, and that shot type is SakuyaA. It's visible when the player saved a replay at the end.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:54:24 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2013, 06:51:56 AM »

3/5ths I think

Seems kinda OP tbh, SA MarisaC but with 2 clears instead of 1 (yes I know you can deathbomb for 2 with SA MarisaC, that's not as easy though and you're still getting .6 of your bomb back instead of .5, with no negative effect on your power this time)

The bomb seems quite short, more like a border break, with no Sakuya-specific details, so it may be the same for all characters like in MoF. It's also used as the death wave. (Dying is the same otherwise, -1.00 power, with .07 scattered.)

Don't think so. Marisa apparently has a Dark Spark, remember?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:56:32 AM by Star King »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #727 on: May 26, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »

I guess this is also part of what ZUN meant by a return to older models. I like what I'm reading.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
The bomb seems quite short, more like a border break, with no Sakuya-specific details, so it may be the same for all characters like in MoF. It's also used as the death wave. (Dying is the same otherwise, -1.00 power, with .07 scattered.)
It was pretty obvious to me that her bomb was imitating MarisaC from SA (Nitori's shield) so it only looked short because of what it is. We know from earlier screenshots that Marisa has Dark Spark, etc. I doubt the bombs are like MoF.

Zil

« Reply #729 on: May 26, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »
The boss's bullets seem to be spawning at the far ends of those lines, rather than near her. I'm suspecting that they might actually be stationary bullets that gradually appear farther away, like Wriggle's "Comet on Earth." Then they burn up like fuses.
Called it. BV

Well, looks pretty cool, though I didn't gather much about the mechanics just from watching it. Thanks for the analysis Karisa.

And I love that stage 2 boss. Cute as hell.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #730 on: May 26, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »
All I will say about DDC:

Get off of my browser and onto my desktop! o-o Holy crap this game looks fun and I can't wait to get my hands on the demo.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #731 on: May 26, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
I've updated that game mechanic analysis a bit from re-watching the video, for anyone who already read it before the edits.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
Does Kagerou have a bio and has some one translated it or working on it?

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #733 on: May 26, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
Kagerou doesn't have infinite ribbons on her dress and I don't see any silly hat.

And Cirno's design is... Ungh... Wierd.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #734 on: May 26, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »
The earlier link of Cirno seems to be broken. Anyone got a working one so I can see how horrid it is, exactly?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #735 on: May 26, 2013, 08:07:59 AM »
Kagerou doesn't have infinite ribbons on her dress and I don't see any silly hat.

But she is definitely pretty, so I don't have any problems with this. A subdued design is refreshing in such a cast like Touhou's, lol

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #736 on: May 26, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Plus, it's not like it's the first time we don't have a Touhou character without anything on the head.

« Reply #737 on: May 26, 2013, 08:23:13 AM »
Plus, it's not like it's the first time we don't have a Touhou character without anything on the head.

Right, that goes back as far as Koakuma (if you don't count headwings) or Kaguya (if you want absolutely nothing on the head)

I'm only thinking of windows characters, so sorry if I forgot a PC-98 or unnamed person. :derp:

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #738 on: May 26, 2013, 08:25:24 AM »
Right, that goes back as far as Koakuma (if you don't count headwings) or Kaguya (if you want absolutely nothing on the head)

I'm only thinking of windows characters, so sorry if I forgot a PC-98 or unnamed person. :derp:
Yumemi is the first named character/humanoid without something on her head.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #739 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »
Also, Wakasagi is the only character with non-human body parts what aren't "add-ons" (Like animal ears, horns, tails, wings). Another trivia, Kagerou is currently only character in TvTropes' Touhou Character Sheet with portait drawn by ZUN 8and only one of DDC cast to have one).

« Reply #740 on: May 26, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »
Ah, I see. I'm not all that familiar with the PC-98 characters, as I can't really play those games so I tend to forget a few, sadly.

So, "plain head"ness predates even the windows games. It certainly isn't "the usual" thing, but it's been done plenty times before. At this point I agree it's perfectly okay to not have a silly hat or ribbon or something~
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:37:34 AM by SirBlueberry »

Drake

« Reply #741 on: May 26, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »
Stage 1 and 2 have left pretty "meh" impressions but Sekibanki and Stage 3 were like YES PLEASE

HI THERE BAMBOO FOREST??? HI THERE IMPERISHABLE NIGHT TUNE??? UNF

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #742 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
So far my favorite theme seemed to be the main menu, or at least what little I heard of it in a video I saw.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #743 on: May 26, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »
None of those links in code boxes are valid. "NOT FOUND" etcetera.

Formless God

« Reply #744 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »
DONE, AND DONE.

[nsfw]http://imageshack.us/a/img89/4596/waoo.jpg[/nsfw]

None of those links in code boxes are valid. "NOT FOUND" etcetera.
The threads expired.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #745 on: May 26, 2013, 08:57:27 AM »
I like the designs for the new characters, totally surpassing my expectations.

And I still don't get what is wrong with Cirno (maybe she looks a tiny bit overexcited)
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #746 on: May 26, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »
Stage 1 mid-boss
I think this is the very first time
Spoiler:
Cirno
appeared barefoot in the actual series. All the other games and additional materials have her wearing socks. I always wondered why fans depicted her barefoot so often.

Stage 1 boss
So on a scale of 1 to 10, how big is Roukan's explosion going to be when he sees this?
Love the dress by the way~

Stage 2 boss
mfw
Spoiler:
her head pops off
holy fuck
What's more unsettling is that some of her spellcards seem to symbolize
Spoiler:
the fact Rokurokubi tended to have their entrails hang from their floating heads
. Brrr...
Also surprising how the speculative art was so close to the real deal. Fans have keen eyes.

Stage 3 boss
ohmygod
holyshit
Everything about this character is LOVE <3
Absolutely gorgeous dress, beautiful reddish hair, awesome spellcards, exotic species (for Touhou standards), intense boss-like theme,
Spoiler:
badass mid-fight transformations
and dat
Spoiler:
howl
Definite new addition to my favorites~
I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if any of the upcoming DDC characters can top this!

EDIT: Just now noticed she has long, crimson talons too.
+ 50 love points
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:22:59 AM by OkashiiKisei »

Drake

« Reply #747 on: May 26, 2013, 09:03:30 AM »
はいてないgj

So far my favorite theme seemed to be the main menu, or at least what little I heard of it in a video I saw.
He uses the same delicious guitars he used in NToJ in Wind of Agartha and Gathering the Mysterious Throughout Japan.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #748 on: May 26, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Please let the upcoming characters top this, because werewolf-san is instantly my favorite character as of just now.

Comments on game:

-The stage portions feature less "phases" of certain common patterns and more mish-mashes of everything at once, not to mention they're basically going to be short chaining sessions. Hope you're happy, CAVE dudes.

-My classification of ZUN songs in general is "weak as a one-off --> amazing as something you'll be hearing for the rest of your life however long you'll be playing the game". This is the opposite of what you'd expect from mainstream music, where there's rarely a tune that sticks with you in the long run. The music in this game (blame the guitars) bridges that gap somewhat, so I'm hoping it doesn't make the early stages downright annoying to play through in the future. That said werewolf-san's boss theme has an amazing base tune so I doubt that'll grow old. Werewolf-san <3

-The game looks easy. Maybe even stage 3's boss portion with some memo. I think the last spell got some inspiration from Chen's all-over-the-screen second spell in PCB. Scoring, I think, will be pretty interesting, though!

Edit: Unless the stage 2 boss's second spell has safety precautions a-la Kaguya's second spell, I'm pretty sure you can cheese it by staying in one of the top corners.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:26:18 AM by BT »

AnonymousPondScum