Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 366021 times)

Hieda no Mukyu

• Eastern philology in limbo
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
My thanks as well. This is not the only Tōhō forum that has experienced technical difficulties. It is good to have a general idea of what kinds of problems the staff are struggling with, even if the reader does not understand the details.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2018, 06:32:29 PM »
This is a known issue, but the Danmakufu Wiki has been down for around a week now.

Code: [Select]
MediaWiki 1.30 internal error

Installing some PHP extensions is required.

Required components

You are missing a required extension to PHP that MediaWiki requires to run. Please install:

mbstring (more information)
xml (more information)

I believe higher-ups were notified already but I want to repost to ensure that the outage is addressed as quickly as possible.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
Apparently the certificate or www.shrinemaiden.org expired again?

« Reply #423 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:16 AM »
Looks like it expired on June 2.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2018, 11:44:48 AM »
♪♫♬ It's the most wonderful time of the year ♪♫♬

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2018, 02:21:50 PM »
Maidens of the Kaleidoscope ~ Expired Certificate in Four Seasons

(yes, we're now using certificates that are valid for just 3 months)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
This must be an incident. Send in the Ice Fairy, Shrine maiden, Ordinary Witch and the Ayaya

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2018, 12:32:35 AM »
edit: nevermind ;_;
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:34:42 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2018, 06:11:07 AM »
Oh look, we're back from purgatory. And it only took, what, a week?

Drake

« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2018, 06:19:35 AM »
Yes?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »
Every time I fix the autorenew scheduler something new breaks with it. I do what I can :(
Also DMF wiki is fixed I didn't realize I had never installed those plugins on 7.0.

Thank you for being patient with me ;~;

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2018, 10:59:54 PM »
Don't worry, Font, we know you're doing your best when you can.

« Reply #432 on: July 11, 2018, 05:04:56 AM »
Helvetica save Shrinemaiden again! best leader!

xor

« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
Emails to microsoft email accounts (hotmail.com/live.com etc.) seem to be going to be getting eaten by it's spam filtering. Not just going to junk but actually not reaching email accounts. I've just tried to register with mine and no amount of resending of activation emails is getting through - not in their webmail or via thunderbird. I've had to resort to using one of those temporary email addresses and re-registering in a private window to be able to post this.

IIRC from conversations with an sysadmin ex-colleague, microsoft do "shenanigans"? with their spam filtering that results in this and he seemed to have to jump through a fair few hoops to get off whatever list we were on.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2019, 05:34:33 AM »
Just got my usual Certificate Failure when visiting the site. It might be that time of year again.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #435 on: February 10, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
Just got my usual Certificate Failure when visiting the site. It might be that time of year again.

Yup. Definitely that time of the year.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #436 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:46 AM »
The usual indeed. It doesn't even seem to happen at the same time every year, considering there's a record in this thread of it in 5-2017, 2-2018, 6-2018, 2-2019?

Here's hoping this manages to bring helvetica back. I've been attempting to contact her for other reasons for months.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
Twitter seems to be fairly effective at that.

« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
Certificate failures are always fun
heyo

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2019, 12:12:13 AM »
Bug report even though there appears to be no one around to fix bugs, just in case. (I wonder who fixed the certificate?)

For some reason, searching the site for "twitter", then trying to view a results page other than page 1, failed to load. Even stranger, when I ran the search several times, even the first page for "twitter" started failing to load. Changing the case (e.g. "TWITTER") or adding spaces (e.g. "Twitter ") did not affect this.

Edit: Seems to occur for any search term with over 1000 results, or at least with over 34 pages (since the page count stops at 34). Try it with any Touhou major character like "Reimu" or "Marisa".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:25:52 AM by Karisa »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #440 on: March 22, 2019, 02:11:00 PM »
Seems like my thread was rejected by a mod, so I'll repost here:

Danmakufu Wiki has been down for a few days with a 500 Internal Server Error

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #441 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:23 AM »
Posting in Shrinemaiden Cafe seems to also throw 500 Internal Server Error. Received PM from user informing me.

Odd, as some sections just work fine. Like this section.  Hmmmm.

To track the Internal Server Error an admin needs to access the forum logs.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2019, 04:38:25 PM »
Also having the 500 Internal Server Error. I specifically can't post or modify in my own thread "Akyu's Arcade -> Let's Play The Disappearing of Gensokyo".

Other subforums and threads seem to be fine so far, e.g. those in "Help Me, Eirin!"

It's weird that this is such a selective issue ???

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #443 on: March 23, 2019, 09:17:27 PM »
My assumption is that the img tag is messing stuff up. I just posted the IT IS SPRING thread and noticed that once I removed the img tag, I could post the thread.

Gesh86, can you remove your signature image for a moment and try to post which was throwing you a 500 Internal Server Error

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2019, 10:07:30 PM »
My assumption is that the img tag is messing stuff up. I just posted the IT IS SPRING thread and noticed that once I removed the img tag, I could post the thread.

Gesh86, can you remove your signature image for a moment and try to post which was throwing you a 500 Internal Server Error

It seems to have something to do with images indeed. I have posted a one-liner with none of them in the LP thread, so it's not the thread that's broken.

Edit: Like you said, I've experimented with my signature and after removing and reinstating it, the editing of my profile is producing the same error. I'm kind of without a signature right now because of this  :ohdear: what format did you use to circumvent the problem and still make your image visible as it's supposed to be?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:31:19 PM by Gesh86 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2019, 07:39:45 AM »
I wasn't expecting the signature part  :ohdear:  sorry for making you sacrifice your signature. However, it does indeed now show that any img tag during posting is considered 500 Internal Server Error.

Now the main question is, why?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:19:46 AM by Helepolis »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #446 on: March 26, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
Posting to confirm troubles with the img tag; specifically in RPG for this occasion.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:12 AM »
The fix for the IMG tag is here!
When I first heard about it, I immediately realized whats wrong, normally BBCode directly converts to HTML, as is with [ b ], [ i ], and [ s ] tags, however the image tag is special in that it needs metadata in order to function properly, specifically the image width and height so the forum knows if it needs to resize a high definition image to fit a post.  That script has to load the image file, switch on one of the many different formats depending on the header than read the bytes that describe the image's width and height.  This image file decoder is what has stopped functioning, so the workaround is to manually specify the image's metadata as follows:

Code:
[img width=48 height=48]http://lunarcast.net/img/mystictk/CDGDef.png[/img]
Which yields the result:

Do make sure to replace the width, height and URL with your image please

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »
The fix for the IMG tag is here!
When I first heard about it, I immediately realized whats wrong, normally BBCode directly converts to HTML, as is with [ b ], [ i ], and [ s ] tags, however the image tag is special in that it needs metadata in order to function properly, specifically the image width and height so the forum knows if it needs to resize a high definition image to fit a post.  That script has to load the image file, switch on one of the many different formats depending on the header than read the bytes that describe the image's width and height.  This image file decoder is what has stopped functioning, so the workaround is to manually specify the image's metadata as follows:

Code:
[img width=48 height=48]http://lunarcast.net/img/mystictk/CDGDef.png[/img]
Which yields the result:

Do make sure to replace the width, height and URL with your image please
Thank you very much for this! Can confirm that it was the problem and defining the width and height allowed me to make my screenshot-laden posts.  :]

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »
I'm getting 500 Internal Server Errors over here. All seem to happen if I'm on a topic that has at least 1 post of mine on the page from what it seems to be. I also keep getting it on my profile and messages, so my access to them is blocked and I can't change anything at all.  :(