Author Topic: it takes me long time。。。  (Read 4632 times)

it takes me long time。。。
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
I regret that I didn't pay more attention to English studying。。。
Due to my pool  English,Result in this process:I spent some time(about several days?attempt) to register an ID, and I did it 30 minute ago ,Then I became nervous because I don't know where is the place about touhou game communication(I mainly play PCB),I guess here it is?but I'm facing another problem ,I don't know how to up load a replay.......a curious chinese

Re: it takes me long time。。。
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Chinese huh? Well if you are looking for game discussion, you have come to the right place. You can go to this topic to ask for help with anything related to gameplay.

For tech support... go to the tech support subforum

EDIT: Derp, misunderstood the question.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:16:40 PM by Zengeku »

Heartbeam

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
I regret that I didn't pay more attention to English studying。。。
Due to my pool  English,Result in this process:I spent some time(about several days?attempt) to register an ID, and I did it 30 minute ago ,Then I became nervous because I don't know where is the place about touhou game communication(I mainly play PCB),I guess here it is?but I'm facing another problem ,I don't know how to up load a replay.......a curious chinese

Hello and welcome!  I'm very sorry for not replying yet over at DoujinSTG (shyness came over me again), but I'm glad you were able to register.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/ is the main site we use for uploading runs, second option from the top at the right.  That's as close as it can get to the feature on your site as adding an attachment doesn't come with any extra information.  If you wanted to add an attachment, there should be an expandable option below the posting field which will allow you to select a file.

Just in case you didn't see it yet, the high score boards are in a subforum located above all the topics here.  Submissions are mostly quiet without people cheering others on, but there's a steady scoring group over here (not with as many WR holders as your community, though).

One more thing, this thread is for reporting on new records when people see fit.  This is really the only thread that's related to scoring discussions, and you can find the esteemed moozooh posting there.

Thank you again for coming, and we'll try our best to help out in whatever way we can.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »
I think Heartbeam and Zengeku covered everything, but I'd like to make a post to welcome you here as well :)

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »
replay
Try to up load a replay......most player do it like this?

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
replay
Try to up load a replay......most player do it like this?

Yes, that's exactly it. Speaking of your replay, I thought you were just some random noob but your score is really good. Only a few 100M off the high score at Royalflare. How do you do at the higher difficulties?

Drake

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
Heartbeam dragged this guy back from a Chinese Touhou forum where they focus a lot more on the actual games than we do; exchanging replays constantly and giving feedback on even scoring strategies. Many of them are quite good.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
Yes, that's exactly it. Speaking of your replay, I thought you were just some random noob but your score is really good. Only a few 100M off the high score at Royalflare. How do you do at the higher difficulties?

3123 is one of the best PCB players out there.

Highest MarisaB Phantasm score at royalflare http://score.royalflare.net/th07/levelchar7.html#L5C3

and 3rd highest MarisaA phantasm score http://score.royalflare.net/th07/levelchar7.html#L5C2

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 10:42:11 AM »
Thanks,Dodgeball.But we all know HS参谋 hidden some of his replay ,and there are merely 3 or 5 player play pcb in china ,I feel a little sad about that .
Heartbeam is the best pcb player in china. The second is I.O(true super-player),he has a 22E replay in Lun mode.
I will have a try to improve my PH score beyond 14E when this term finished.
Speaking this easy mode replay,20hours has been spent on learning easy mode ,I fell down in stage 4 ,especially  boss battle.may the score beyond 15E if stage 4 had been done perfect?
I will improve some PCB scores of mine in summer vacation.May be I will made several competitions with heartbeam.For example heartbeam's star in extra mode attract me  :derp:
By the way,Most WR are japanese,especially in pcb they are all .
I wish I could take one in the future.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 11:45:41 PM »
Heartbeam dragged this guy back from a Chinese Touhou forum where they focus a lot more on the actual games than we do; exchanging replays constantly and giving feedback on even scoring strategies. Many of them are quite good.

I wonder if the Chinese are generally better than the Japanese? The last survey was horrifying.

The Chinese must also be very serious too. I focus on the actual games 100% as well but I'm not very dedicated.
That forum does sound like it has some cool guys though. Too bad I don't speak Chinese.

3123 is one of the best PCB players out there.

Reaching top scores is indeed a very impressive feat but I am still more interested in his ability to perform at... you know, Lunatic since there barely is any difference between Easy mode and Phantasm from my perspective. Just different two kinds of simple. (Still, being able to get a top score still means being better than anyone else in that category so that counts for a lot!)

Looking at Lunatic boards had me find an entry by both 3123 and OCD and since OCD is 3123's nickname on this site, i'm assuming they are the same person. The OCD score was pretty good (1.6 billion) and the 3123 score was just 1 billion done with ReimuB, in other words - A score like I used to get when I still played the game. For survival - There is a significant gap between the submission of those scores though.

Regardless the score indicates at least decent performing at Lunatic level which is convincing enough for me.  ;)

and there are merely 3 or 5 player play pcb in china ,I feel a little sad about that

Odd. I had the impression that a lot of people would be interested in PCB's scoring because of the higher level of complexity when compared to many of the later games. But I kinda understand you. I also feel kinda alone with the viewpoint that MoF is ZUN's best score system ever.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
Odd. I had the impression that a lot of people would be interested in PCB's scoring because of the higher level of complexity when compared to many of the later games. But I kinda understand you. I also feel kinda alone with the viewpoint that MoF is ZUN's best score system ever.
I'm also surprised, I'd have though PCB to be one of the more popular titles.  The scoring system in it is really nice - I'm bad at it nonetheless (not so good at graze-based scoring), but it's quite enjoyable.  I'm kinda curious as to what the Chinese community favours for their scoring games.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »
I'm also surprised, I'd have though PCB to be one of the more popular titles.  The scoring system in it is really nice - I'm bad at it nonetheless (not so good at graze-based scoring), but it's quite enjoyable.  I'm kinda curious as to what the Chinese community favours for their scoring games.

Yeah, that'd be interesting. And yes, PCB have a nice scoring system, even though I don't even playing the game any longer. It penalizes bombing and you don't benefit from dying. Enough said.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »

I'd say that it's MoF. Z-Blade holds the easy mode world record for ReimuB, MarisaB and MarisaC and LYX has MarisaC Normal, Hard and Lunatic world record. And there are many others too that can get close to these scores.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
And yes, PCB have a nice scoring system, even though I don't even playing the game any longer. It penalizes bombing and you don't benefit from dying. Enough said.

No it doesn't. There's lots of bombing for Cherry for borders. And dying intentionally for more bombs. And although you don't get graze for it, you still want to graze as many bullets as possible during the bomb.