Author Topic: [Art] Sparen's Random pile of Danmaku  (Read 6770 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
[Art] Sparen's Random pile of Danmaku
« on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:03 AM »
This is my misc. art thread! I guess I'll post links to whatever I upload to DeviantArt and... yeah.

RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR POSTING HERE
-Feel free to give constructive criticism/critiques/commentary on any of my works of art/danmaku. Those who would like to help me with any of my requests or ask for a request/commission are welcome to ask here.

My Website: Sparen's Projects
My Danmakufu Tutorial Website: Sparen's Danmakufu Tutorials

COMMISSIONS
For Danmaku commissions, please post on my RaNGE Thread.
For other commissions... well... I don't think I'm capable of drawing. I'll leave it open.

Current Commissions:
[Empty]

Completed Commissions:
[Empty]

REQUESTS

Current Requests:
-Utsuho player sprites
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:19:02 AM by Sparen »

pineyappled

Re: [Art] Sparen's Random pile of Danmaku
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:47 AM »
e- ignore me i'm dumb

pineyappled

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:20:26 AM »
Drawings are fine, but Danmakufu screenshots don't really belong here?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 02:22:09 AM »
Drawings are fine, but Danmakufu screenshots don't really belong here?

Depends on your definition of art. If pictures of Campbells soup cans sell for millions, I'm sure bullet patterns can be considered to be art.

[Is Jackson Pollock art?]

pineyappled

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:37:25 AM »
If pictures of Campbells soup cans sell for millions, I'm sure bullet patterns can be considered to be art.
It really doesn't work that way.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 02:42:58 AM »
I'm no artist, but the danmaku screenshots seem like something that would go in RaNGE.

E: Wait, there's some drawings, but why only viewable to DeviantArt members?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:09:15 AM by Hinacle »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 10:51:09 PM »
I'm no artist, but the danmaku screenshots seem like something that would go in RaNGE.
E: Wait, there's some drawings, but why only viewable to DeviantArt members?

Ah. I forgot that I added restrictions on them.

And regarding RaNGE, it depends on the reason for posting the screenshots. I'm not advertising projects here; I'm showing what I've made.

...I'm starting to regret making this thread. Not to be a prick, but it seems like some people really don't like screenshots... (Not talking about you, Hinacle, and not meant to be directly offensive to you, kinoko).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:18:35 PM by Sparen »

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
It's probably not that they dislike screenshots, it's just that (as kinoko said) they seem rather out-of-place in this board unless they're screens with your own art integrated into them. Like Quwanti made.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:41:54 PM by Honest Espeon »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:06 PM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:17:56 AM by Sparen »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »
We here usually edit the last post in a thread instead of posting multiple times in a row. The "new" bar shows up anyways, but it's much cleaner when a row of one person's paragraphs is contained in a single post, don't you think so? ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:14:44 PM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 12:17:26 AM »
OK. I'll prevent a Helepolis-walking-in-and-manually-changing-posts scenario with the mods here.

June 27, 2013 Edit: Soen Hayashi V3

July 10, 2013 Edit: PDD Stage 4 stuff
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:16:30 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
Suisuke v14 added

dA Link

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »
Alright dude, there's a need to clear some things up here:

• Double-posting is bad for two reasons: First, it eats up a hell lot more bandwidth than editing a post, and on a site maintained by a single person with personal funding, we take some care about that. It's why we don't necrobump either, puts too much load on the server. Second, it looks ugly, expands unnecessarily the thread length and can be seen as spamming for bumps. On some occasions it's fine, and you won't get shit for it, but it's not the case here. It'd be cool if you used the two edit buttons that appear on every post.
    e: just noticed the timestamps between your last two posts. Yeah that's a fine double-bump, disregard me hurrr my bad

• Danmafuku doesn't belong here. It's not because it's an arbitrary definition of art or whatever, we do acknowledge danmafuku and pretty much anything as art. In factyou could say this entire site revolves exclusively around different forms of art(with the exception of the Caf?, and even there we've held debates on modern and contemporary art before lol). But for indexing and clarity's sake, everything is separated in boards here, and it seems you got caught up in a small detail of the English language. Here isn't the 'general art board'. There's the written works board, the danmafuku board, and here, which is the drawing/painting and music board. Since in English drawn/painted art is often referred as just 'art', we colloquially refer to this board as the art and music board, but that doesn't encompass all art. :V Your drawings are more than welcome to stay, but I'm pretty sure the RaNGE folks welcome your danmafuku a lot more.

Also, you don't get to pick your own rules and guidelines to the thread, mate :V

Hope you don't take any offense, I'm just trying to clear things up
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:36:37 AM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »
Alright dude, there's a need to clear some things up here:

• Double-posting is bad for two reasons: First, it eats up a hell lot more bandwidth than editing a post, and on a site maintained by a single person with personal funding, we take some care about that. It's why we don't necrobump either, puts too much load on the server. Second, it looks ugly, expands unnecessarily the thread length and can be seen as spamming for bumps. On some occasions it's fine, and you won't get shit for it, but it's not the case here. It'd be cool if you used the two edit buttons that appear on every post.
    e: just noticed the timestamps between your last two posts. Yeah that's a fine double-bump, disregard me hurrr my bad
I know about this already. There's a reason  edited a post 2 weeks later.
[/li][li] Danmafuku doesn't belong here. It's not because it's an arbitrary definition of art or whatever, we do acknowledge danmafuku and pretty much anything as art. In factyou could say this entire site revolves exclusively around different forms of art(with the exception of the Caf?, and even there we've held debates on modern and contemporary art before lol). But for indexing and clarity's sake, everything is separated in boards here, and it seems you got caught up in a small detail of the English language. Here isn't the 'general art board'. There's the written works board, the danmafuku board, and here, which is the drawing/painting and music board. Since in English drawn/painted art is often referred as just 'art', we colloquially refer to this board as the art and music board, but that doesn't encompass all art. :V Your drawings are more than welcome to stay, but I'm pretty sure the RaNGE folks welcome your danmafuku a lot more.[/li][/list]
Danmakufu screenshots don't belong on RaNGE either. On RaNGE, you don't show screenshots to show your creativity; you show them to advertise or to show new features. Heck, the most active part of RaNGE is all programming, hacking, and patching, and there's nowhere for screenshots of programs in that section. The Danmakufu part of RaNGE gets almost no attention these days. Nobody releases scripts on MotK OR Bulletforge. I'm probably insulting everyone on RaNGE, but as almost everyone in LOCAA has stated, I'm the only person who's actually actively scripting and being productive (in Danmakufu) on a daily basis.

On that note, none of my drawings are related to Touhou, except a select few. So it's better if I close this thread and don't have to look at all of the people telling me to get out.
Also, you don't get to pick your own rules and guidelines to the thread, mate :V
XD

Anyways...

I request a moderator to lock this thread, because there is a very low chance of any Touhou-related, non-screenshoted items ever making it onto this thread.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05:20 AM »
I request a moderator to lock this thread, because there is a very low chance of any Touhou-related, non-screenshoted items ever making it onto this thread.
Hi, this is what the report button is for. Use any font size you want, it won't make a difference in how soon we see it.

Locked.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."