Author Topic: [Animation]Touhou Sketches - Yuyuko Saigyouji Edition (Coming July 5th)  (Read 3604 times)

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
NOTE: REQUESTS ARE NOW LOCKED! The video is now in its final animation stages.

I am a fan of beats0me, an animator specializing in a mix of his own demonic characters, Yu Gi Oh monsters, Youtube Poops, and, of course, Touhou animations created in create.swf. Unlike most create.swf animators, beats goes above and beyond the call of duty by having original voice acting, flash animations, and his own original characters intermingling with the Touhou characters (most visibly his green imp Drogo and himself). One of his best works is his episode devoted to Flandre Scarlet, where he not only plays himself, Cirno, Daiyousei, and Flandre, but he is also accompanied by the entire youtube walfas community at large AND GermenglineseOne, who voices Wriggle and Mystia.

And then the floodgates opened: people began demanding videos for other Touhou characters, but in his latest video, he announced he wouldn't be doing any more characters, saying to let somebody else take care of it.

And then a thought came to mind: what if Yuyuko saw this video and yelled for Youmu to make their own sketch series?

So, just to test if I could even make a video even close to the mastery of beats, I made this sketch, and by the looks of things (and the fact it took about ten minutes to complete), it looks like animating this bad boy is ON!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:23:57 AM by Spaztique »
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
OK, that preview sketch was funnier than I was expecting. Definitely adding beats0me to my watch list.

No requests from me though, since I'm not too familiar with this.

Also, I wonder if you can manage this, TTS-1, and Gensousora (Air combat sim) all at once, since they are quite distinct tasks with little tie-in ~ wait.

Quote from: Spaztique (YT)
It shouldn't get in the way of the Roland TTS-1 Project, since I need time for my ears to rest between edits, so I'll spend my resting time working on this.
OK, then just the Air Combat Sim project and TTS-1/sketches. Still seems a bit tough to juggle, but if you can do this, then go for it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:07:28 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Spaztique

I'm a skit-making machine, tonight! So far, I've completed...

-A mini-skit where Yuyuko shows Youmu how "overreaction was invented on the internet!"
-A deleted scene from Imperishable Night involving the pre-battle dialogue with Marisa.
-A deleted scene from Concealed The Conclusion, involving Yuyuko and Marisa.
-(Note: This skit may be cut if I can get my hands on the material I need for the other final skit idea.) One of Aya's reports after the House Of Eternity (I'm going to refrain from using the word Eintei because I'm already screwing up enough names) was invaded in Imperishable Night, followed by Yuyuko and Youmu discovering the footage, followed by a SONG! This skit will be cut from the video and used later. The other final skit will take its place, and trust me when I say it will BLOW YOUR MIND!
-THIS.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:25:01 AM by Spaztique »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
I'm requesting you do any part from this video. Come on man, you know you want to. (possible nsfw at one small point) MAKE SURE TO HAVE CLOSE CAPTIONING ON FOR THE LYRICS THAT REALLY DONT MEAN MUCH BUT YEAH
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:37:04 AM by Kips McKipzerson »

Spaztique

I'm requesting you do any part from this video. Come on man, you know you want to. (possible nsfw at one small point) MAKE SURE TO HAVE CLOSE CAPTIONING ON FOR THE LYRICS THAT REALLY DONT MEAN MUCH BUT YEAH

That's gonna be a tough one for two reasons:
1. It requires subtitles out the gate.
2. I'd have to apply that song to Yuyuko somehow, and I'm having a tough time thinking of anything.

Also, if anyone knows of any decent capture codecs for camstudio, please tell me. I'm currently using the Camstudio Lossless 1.4, but rendering directly to wmv in Vegas causes horrible artifacts. So, my current solution is to rerender them as another avi, but it outputs outrageously huge file sizes (running 100-200 megs per 30 second clip). Is there any other way to reduce the file size? (I'm not home right now, so I can't pull up my render settings, but I will when I get back.)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Also, if anyone knows of any decent capture codecs for camstudio, please tell me. I'm currently using the Camstudio Lossless 1.4, but rendering directly to wmv in Vegas causes horrible artifacts. So, my current solution is to rerender them as another avi, but it outputs outrageously huge file sizes (running 100-200 megs per 30 second clip). Is there any other way to reduce the file size? (I'm not home right now, so I can't pull up my render settings, but I will when I get back.)
Don't know Camstudio (Final Cut Express user here looking to move to Final Cut Pro X), but instead of WMV try another lossless format. AVI is one of the most obvious but is HUGE (took 26.3GB of footage just for 7-ish minute Touhou GTA Carmageddon)...OGG has little support, and MOV (which is what I tend to use) is really for Mac users - it fails on Windows.
I would suggest M4V/H.264 and WebM but those are more for compressed streaming video.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Spaztique

Nearly done with the audio side of things. I just need a few non-voice-acted skits to fill in the blanks for that Imperishable Night deleted scene I mentioned previously, and I'll have well over ten minutes worth of skits.

BONUS: This has isn't a sketch from the Yuyuko video, but it is a video of one of the techniques I will employ for one of the sketches a later sketch: a 10-second mock youkai hunt.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:25:46 AM by Spaztique »