Author Topic: Logo/Affiliate button for MotK  (Read 3751 times)

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
Logo/Affiliate button for MotK
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
Think this is the right place to post this, since it's regarding the website/forum as a whole.

As you may or may not be aware, I've started up a Touhou RP forum. I'd like to have a link to you guys as an affiliate, and was wondering if it'd be alright to pinch your logo (The nice yin-yang symbol up in header with a silhouette of someone that could be Reimu and the colored streamers across it) to make an affiliate button (100px by 50px). This is the style of button I'm hoping to make:

The words will, naturally, be replaced with 'Maidens of the Kaleidoscope'. The button will go at the bottom of the forum, in an affiliate box, and I will host the picture myself on the webspace. Clicking the picture will link you to this board. You don't need to link to my forums in return.

Is this allowed?

P.S.: Anyone willing to make a button from scratch following the above format is welcome to if they feel like it.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Logo/Affiliate button for MotK
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
I personally don't mind if we're linked to; can't see the harm in it, as long as we're not actually considered an afilliate.

Unfortunately, I can't remember who made the logo; you'd have to wait for their go-ahead to use it.  I'll poke around to see if someone else remembers.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't remember who made the logo; you'd have to wait for their go-ahead to use it.  I'll poke around to see if someone else remembers.

I think it was Gappy, but I'm not completely sure.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Affiliates
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
IIRC it was Gappy that made the logo.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
See?  I don't need to remember anything!

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »
Rest assured that you guys don't need to link back to us. xD I'd just like to link back here and maybe have a link to the Touhou Wiki in the footer of my board (Speaking of which, who was the artist of megane Alice on the Touhou Wiki? Might ask for permission to use the image as well).

I'll ask Gappy and see if he gives me the go ahead. If not, I'll probably make one of my own with an open source image of a yin yang symbol (And post it here for you guys to check of course).

Edit: Would be nice if I can find him somewhere though. He seems to have changed his display name.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:26:23 AM by Kirin »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 01:26:28 AM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »
If our Grand-Overlord-sama honourable leader has no issues with it then neither do I. :3

Btw - best used on a black background.  ;)

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
I'd just like to link back here and maybe have a link to the Touhou Wiki in the footer of my board (Speaking of which, who was the artist of megane Alice on the Touhou Wiki? Might ask for permission to use the image as well).
We (Touhou Wiki) don't really have a link button to be used for linking with.  Kinda sad how most of the high-profile Touhou sites still have incomplete or nonexistent formal front pages, without any place for a "links" section, ahahahaaa.

Anyway, I added you to our Links page.

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words, for the permission, Gappy, and for the linking to us on the Wiki, Momiji. ^^ I'll work on making a button with the MotK logo, and maybe use a generic Touhou symbol (Maybe the red yin yang favicon or a P symbol, or maybe a something from Walfas) to make a similar button for the Wiki. I'll post them here for you guys to look at and approve before using it on the site. Thanks again.

Edit: Here is a button I whipped up in about five minutes. Does it pass 'inspection'? xD

I might want to try and add a border of sorts on it, or maybe soften the edges... But that can wait till I come home from uni.

Edit2:: Here's an updated version:

Edit 3 :: I haven't really gotten permission, but I went ahead and used the Alice image for a button for the Touhou Wiki link. Here's what it looks like:

If I'm not allowed, I'll take it down. Hope you don't mind me using it in the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:47:39 AM by Kirin »