Author Topic: Revery's "Little" Danmaku Scripts  (Read 2495 times)

Revery

Revery's "Little" Danmaku Scripts
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:33:09 AM »
I have been meaning to join this site, but now that I have finished my "little" project, I have decided to post it here (along with others when I get around to it). Considering how big the files are, I will only be able to upload a script whenever I get the chance. I am up for suggestions to make them better/ideas for other scripts.

45 Spirits
Download -This was actually for my friend who wanted to see what I could do in Danmakufu. This is actually a pretty basic script. It is a plural with no background (excluding spells). I would like to point out that this script does not show my experience with scripting. My other scripts are better than this. The 2nd Spell in the first enemy is a gift from me to you~
Spells:  11 (2 for the first enemy, 4 for the second, and 5 for the last).
NSC: 9
References: Not sure if anyone here makes references, but I like too (?‿?) Seiga's spell "Honey Trap" is actually a C-Pop song by the same title. Seiga's spell "Tang Daoxi '6 Disrespectful Underlings'" references the Chinese general Tang Daoxi. The silver and gold bullets were an accidental reference as well c: (Daoxi's father was a merchant). The script's name also references what stages the enemies appear, Stage 4 and 5 of Ten Desires.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:45:23 AM by Revery »

Re: Revery's "Little" Danmaku Scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:38:11 PM »
Welcome. Nice to see more scripting users.

The script was really nice to look at and it was difficult. (But I can't even 1cc TD on normal, so don't take my word.)
There are too many spells and I can't remember them all but I'll point out the things that can be improved.
One of Futo's spell cards seems more Kaguya-esque. (The one with the walls that shoot bullets of different velocities.)
The spellcard Green Tea "Earth and Mind", or at least that's what I recall, has a safe spot right below the boss and above the horizontal mirror.
Seiga's bubbles and homing bullets nonspell is a little too dense if you cant to keep the difficulty consistent.
The last spell is too dense in my opinion. Either that or make the lasers move slower.
Everything else, I found fun or unique.
Also, is there supposed to be a pause in between the boss fights. It freezes for about 10 seconds.
Currently a normal player

Revery

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
The pausing I believe is due to how large the file is, I don't know why I chose to make it a plural. I have actually supplied the script with separate plurals for each character for quicker access to the separate enemies. It freezes about a second with me, however, I run on a Windows 8 laptop so that might be a reason for the different times. Thank you for your input, I will be sure to see what I can do  to fix some of the more unbalanced difficulty scripts.

From this point on, I will actually be using more complex codes for my scripts. I feel as if I didn't put much effort into 45 Spirits as I thought I was going to.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
I run on a Windows 8 laptop so that might be a reason for the different times.
*looks at his name*
*sees Windows 7 as his OS*

LIEAR!

Anyway, I'm gonna check this out.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »
Your STG frame code seems to match that of Victini's Giritina/Grovyle/Hatate scripts. I should recommend you asking the owner, or making your own. Because ripping codes is w/o permission HIGHLY frowned upon by the Danmakufu community. The original owner has requested you either bring it down or fix it.

From Skype:
[10:29:20 AM] Xenno: Can you please go on MoTK and request that that 45 Spirits script be taken down, as it uses my codes without permission.

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »
Your STG frame code seems to match that of Victini's Giritina/Grovyle/Hatate scripts.
I have looked at the code too, and there seems to be few differences between Revery's STG frame code and Victini's. It's obvious that Victini's Giratina/Grovyle/Hatate scripts predate Revery's 45 Spirits, so I too believe Victini's claim that Revery copied Victini's STG frame code. As far as I can tell, Revery has made no attempt at even giving Victini credit for the code.

If you want to reuse someone else's code (or other material, such as sprites), see if there are reuse guidelines available. If there are such guidelines, follow them. Otherwise, ask the original coder/creator for permission if you want to use his or her material in anything you release.

PS: Is it necessary to include huge WAV files in the script? They make the script take a long time to download. Can you try to use compressed versions in the release of the script and maybe let users download the larger files if they want to?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:32:52 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »