Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 261667 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.80 released]
« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
SA and UFO mobs are 10% weaker than the bosses. Originally the area was 32 'rooms'. I ran it and thought that was too little, so I made it 50.

Nue has very little base resists. But she has an aura which randomly gives her 50-150 resist for each element. Parsee is supposed to clone herself but I don't know how that went since she never spawned for me. I'm more than happy to buff Yuugi if she's too easy to kill. If you see Koishi, try kill her before she disappears. Koishi has TristramCain AI. Once she notices you, she'll open a tp and leave. If you can kill her within that time, she offers much better drop rates than all the other SA bosses.

TD was not in the plans since the mod was started before the full cast was revealed. TD area will be relevant only if you want to run my bonus areas. I'd like to think I'm getting better at making these side areas, so hopefully TD won't be so hit and miss as the others.

« Reply #571 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
Alright, that explains why there were 2 parsees both times she spawned for me, I just though she spawned with a clone to begin with. Then it's another matter I guess. I take it she can clone indefinitely? Koishi sounds cool. Yuugi was just too slow to pose a threat for a ranged character, the hardest bosses for me were always Mystia, Aya and Chen with their minions, because they are so fast.

Yeah, the side areas are better lately, but IN was obviously the best thus far, I really liked the design even if it the area is annoyingly huge (which makes the design more impressive). Probably a fun place to be with a strong character in phantasm. Looking forward to the final version!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #572 on: August 25, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »
I've just found a pack of very nice looking spell effects. They're very jumbled and unprocessed, but it should be worth the effort to get them implemented. Let me know if you want to look over them and help me pick out what to use.

Rotund_Danmaku

• Hate , Love , Hate , Love , Hate...
  • Love , Hate , Love , Hate , Love!!!
« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
I'll look over them, I may see the way to replace many Vanila D2 Buff&Projectile.
And...

Some trouble seem to orcur, In many Passive Skill.
Many Attribute that'll added from Stats Point (Ex. More Defense from Cold Divine,Open Wound from Higan Retour)
WILL work only when they're level up. So if you exit game, all of addination bonus from stats point'll disappear.
Untill you level up that skill agains. (Such Annoying, It's not every game that have +Skill Shrine)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:11:47 AM by Rotund_Danmaku »
I don't get any idea for sig yet...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2012, 08:25:44 AM »
I spoke about that bug before. It's just the way the game stores information. I don't think there's a workaround to fix it.

Uploading the pack now. I'll edit it in when it's done.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rzvxyxxqt8wq3zt
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:26:58 AM by Pesco »

Rotund_Danmaku

• Hate , Love , Hate , Love , Hate...
  • Love , Hate , Love , Hate , Love!!!
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
This's a List of my idea for new Arts
(I sort it by your file's folder number.)

1 - Possesed By Phoenix (Casting Animation)
5 - Cold Snap (Projectile)
6 - Common Freeze Dead
11 - Royal Flare (Target Area)
18 - Laevatein (Casting Animation)
23 - Philosopher's Spheres (Lightning Element)
25 - Nothern Winner (Target Area)
29 - Laevatein (Buff)
30 - Philososphere's Spheres (Fire Element)
34 - Undulation Ray (Projectile)
35 - Ripple of 495 Years (Projectile)
36 - Throwing Mt.Togakushi (Blast Animation)
37 - Higan Retour (Casting Animation)
42 - Royal Diamond Ring (Casting Animation+ Target Area)
43 - The Day Sea Split (Target Area)
48 - Reimu (Side Area Reimu's Common Missle / Act 4 Reimu's Fire Nova)
49 - Demon Binding Ring (Buff)
51 - Thunder Cloud Sickle Back (Buff)
52 - Shock Common Art
56 - Lord Honoikazuchi (Buff)
57 - Yasaka's Divine Wind (Main Tornado)
58 - Swimming Thunder Shot (Target Area)
59 - Orrerie Solar System (Buff)
62 - Sword Freezer (Buff)
73 - Icicle Machine Gun/Sword Freezer (Projectile)
74 - Royal Flare (Burning Area)
76 - Cranberry Trap (Target Area)
79 - Chain Lightning+Lightning
81 - Yasaka's Divine Wind (Sub Tornado)
84 - Flying Phoenix (Target Area)
87 - Scarlet Weather Rapture (Casting Animation)
90 - Lord Atago (Buff)
91 - Ame no Uzume no Mikoto (Buff)
93 - Dragonfish's Drill (Target Area)
97 - Pain Flow (Target Buff)
98 - Mascare on Mt.Ooe (Target Buff)
99 - Mountain Breaker (Casting Animation)
103 - Silent Selene (Buff)
105 - Rest in Peace Animation
106 - Amaterasu Oomikami (Buff)
108 - Presuasion Needle (Projectile) / Act 4 Reimu's Red Lightning
109 - Philosopher's Spheres (Physical Element)
110 - Demon of Purification (Projectile)
113 - Yukari's Fooling Around Again (Casting Animation or Target Area)
123 - Game of Life (Projectile)
138 - Cute Palanx (Buff)
142 - Philosopher's Spheres (Casting Animation)
150 - Sword of Unyielding Earth (Projectile)

And...
SA's Boss seem to weak agains Stun. It can be 100% Stun and you can take your time to kill them.
(My Mystia/Sakuya Oni can use Stun - Throw - Stun - Throw... Loop Combo untill boss're down.)
I don't get any idea for sig yet...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #576 on: September 15, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »
I haven't had time to work on this nor will I have any time to until halfway through November at the very least. But I have finally looked over the list of suggested animations. Most of them are really good picks. I'll review the entire pack again in case there are animations that got overlooked.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #577 on: November 12, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
It's halfway through November and as promised, I'm back to work on LoM. I've done a few adjustments in passing since I last touched the mod. If there's something I need to fix, let me know about it. Partial changelog of what I have done provided

General
Base mana regen rate reduced.

Voile Fairy
Thorn Sign "Thundercloud Stickleback" damage reduced and rescaled.
Lightning Fish "Swimming Thunder Shot" damage rescaled.

Youkai Hunter
Rabbit Sign "Inaba's Elemental Rabbit" damage rescaled.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Persuasion Needle" damage and scaling reduced.
Esoterica "Forgotten Ritual" base bonus value and scaling reduced.
Medicine Sign "Butterfly Dream Pill" buff bonuses rescaled and added to description.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.83 released]
« Reply #578 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:35 PM »
Ver 0.83 - 14001kb - 30-11-2012

General
Base mana regen rate reduced.
UFO boss drops added.
UFO Byakuren speed increased slightly.
SA Yuugi and Satori speed increased slightly.
SA Parsee run speed fixed.
Documentation updated.
Some game dialogue realigned.
Original dialogue sound clips removed.

Voile Fairy
Thorn Sign "Thundercloud Stickleback" damage reduced and rescaled.
Lightning Fish "Swimming Thunder Shot" damage rescaled.

Youkai Hunter
Rabbit Sign "Inaba's Elemental Rabbit" damage rescaled.
Search Sign "Rare Metal Detector" mana scaling and base cost reduced.
Search Sign "Gold Detector" mana scaling and base cost reduced.
Treasure "Gold Rush" mana scaling and base cost reduced.
Rod Sign "Nazrin Rod" random element damage added to skill effect.
Defense Sign "Pendulum Guard" description corrected.

Phantom Kensei
Freeze Sign "Perfect Freeze" damage and scaling reduced.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Persuasion Needle" damage and scaling reduced.
Esoterica "Forgotten Ritual" base bonus value and scaling reduced.
Medicine Sign "Butterfly Dream Pill" buff bonuses rescaled and added to

description.

Items
All weapon stats rescaled.

===================

Link for Ver 0.83

Had a bit of a panic when my mod packer tool stopped working. But that's fixed and I could get this update out.

I tried cleaning up the spell animations from earlier but there is just too much work needed for every single frame that it would be unfeasible to use them. They look nice, but the mod would never get done if I had to spend my time priming them for the game.

The only girls without their sets are Suika, Iku, Tenshi and Yorihime. Once they're done, all the core modifications should be complete. I do intend rather to have my bonus material included as well before I declare the mod v1.00.

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #579 on: December 03, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
Okay, now that massive shenanigans are out of the way, I already have a complaint and I haven't done crap yet. HOW DARE YOU MAKE CIRNO AND FLANDRE CANCEL EACHOTHER OUT!? HOW DARE YOU!? Also, you could upload custom sprites seperately, and commission someone else to do them(Not me, I don't know crap about that.). And Massive shenanigans were required to reinstall D2. Also I'm gonna run a Cirno/Youmu, an Utsuho/Yuka, a Chen/Nue, a Mokou/Patchouli/Medicene, a Yuyuko/Alice, a Kanako/???, and a ???/???.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:10:51 AM by Hawkpath1337 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #580 on: December 04, 2012, 06:31:51 AM »
What do you mean by upload the sprites? I've already got a maker for my item sprites. All other standard looking stuff is available from Phrozen Keep.

You're still free to get Cirno and Flandre skills on your Kensei. You'll just have to do some crafting and equipment juggling.

« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »
Yukari crashes my game ;_;

Quote from: Diablo II
---------------------------
Diablo II Error
Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fe1fe5c
OK   

Playing without plugY this time around, some N tier items seems weaker than their E tier equivalents. Stuff like giant axes and swords start dropping early in Act 1, and Byakuren is insanely strong, killing the act bosses at /players 8 in a matter of seconds.

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #582 on: December 04, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
All weapons are intended to be available from fairly early on. The adjustment to the importance of stat distribution will make a real show of what the impact is.

Need to relook at the stuff on the other queries.
Edit: Yukari's signs broke the game. Remade the animation and fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:52:24 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #583 on: December 04, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
some N tier items seems weaker than their E tier equivalents.

Disregard this, I was confused by Sanae's gohei weapon having such low damage. Some items still cost more to gamble at E tier compared to N tier and such though.

Boss Reimu's lightning attack still overshoots targets at pointblank on Lunatic (meaning you can stand and melee her and not get hit by it at all).

Having great luck with drops on my Miko, 8 unique Miko specific items.

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #584 on: December 04, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
Blizzard's feature of the attack, not a bug. If I give her Persuasion Needle instead... :V

« Reply #585 on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Man, first they remove iron maiden then this? 2casual4me

Reimu needs persuasion needle!  :V

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #586 on: December 04, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
I'm sure I re-enabled Iron Maiden on those knights.

Edit: Persuasion Needle causes Reimu's AI to hang. She also doesn't fire them in a long enough stream. I'll just give her some other way to annoy you :V.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:25:57 PM by Pesco »

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #587 on: December 04, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
What do you mean by upload the sprites? I've already got a maker for my item sprites. All other standard looking stuff is available from Phrozen Keep.

You're still free to get Cirno and Flandre skills on your Kensei. You'll just have to do some crafting and equipment juggling.
I meant CHARACTER Sprites. And mind elaborating on the crafting and equipment juggling?
Also, Ideas:
-Make the Unique Stat bonuses to stats increase with the stat instead of the skill level(and thus mandatorilly nerf unique stats like Yuyuko's Spirit or Utsuho's Sun that give a percentage bonus to things that decide how much damage you take, I am not referring to Defence, because that's your chance to dodge.).
-Move Suika to the Human Miko class.
-Replace the "This person locks out These people" thing with some kind of "After you choose two skillsets, not including the forced one(like Reimu for the Miko or Yorihime for the one that has Cirno), everyone else is locked out" thing.
-Make Jewels and Runes more common.
-Remove the time limit on Yuyuko's Ressurection Butterfly.
-Make Bonus Fragments more common.
-Increase skill points from the Spellcard Contract to 3.
And now for the one that's really Stretching It:
-Allow all classes to be able to choose from all skillsets.(Yeah, that is REALLY stretching it.)

In other news, I made a Kensei named Flandre_Claus, because I have this idea for a Walfas video where Flandre is Santa.

Build Idea: Neko Miko Reimu:
Human Miko, Reimu only.
Rin and Chen runewords.
AS MUCH BORDR SKILL RANKS AS REIMULLY POSSIBLE!
That's kinda it.

--

Do not double post. There is no reason to double post  -Hele
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:30:19 AM by Helepolis »

Wypatroszony

« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
I'm interested in how do Byakuren's "based on maximum mana/missing mana" skills work. Because it looks like that it has bonuses from Dharma only and without much of it, it appears to be like "Congratulations, you've picked a skill with no effect!"  :V
Then the questions are: If they work, how do they work and what is an eventual mana treshold for those to have even a minimal impact?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
Hawkpath: Don't doublepost. Edit your last post if you have something to add. Your general posting has been noted as being spammy. Consider this as your last warning which holds across the entire forum.

I meant CHARACTER Sprites. And mind elaborating on the crafting and equipment juggling?
Also, Ideas:
-Make the Unique Stat bonuses to stats increase with the stat instead of the skill level(and thus mandatorilly nerf unique stats like Yuyuko's Spirit or Utsuho's Sun that give a percentage bonus to things that decide how much damage you take, I am not referring to Defence, because that's your chance to dodge.).
-Move Suika to the Human Miko class.
-Replace the "This person locks out These people" thing with some kind of "After you choose two skillsets, not including the forced one(like Reimu for the Miko or Yorihime for the one that has Cirno), everyone else is locked out" thing.
-Make Jewels and Runes more common.
-Remove the time limit on Yuyuko's Ressurection Butterfly.
-Make Bonus Fragments more common.
-Increase skill points from the Spellcard Contract to 3.
And now for the one that's really Stretching It:
-Allow all classes to be able to choose from all skillsets.(Yeah, that is REALLY stretching it.)

In other news, I made a Kensei named Flandre_Claus, because I have this idea for a Walfas video where Flandre is Santa.

I still don't kno what you want with character sprites. Everything I'm using in my mod, even the custom stuff can generally be found on the net.

Pick whether you want to put your skill points into Flandre or Cirno. Use the crafting recipes to put +skill to the other. You have switchable weapons slots, so make use of them.

-Unique stat bonuses do already increase the stat. If it increased the skill level of the passive, the affix would have [(Class) only] on it.
-Barbarians are melee fighters, Suika is a melee fighter, Yuugi is a melee fighter, Suika and Yuugi are friends, they stay in the same class.
-Character build lockouts will not change. This was a concept borrowed from Titan Quest. Forcing the player to make decisions is a practice of Good Modmaking that I've adopted.
-Socketables are common enough if you are playing on Lunatic/Phantasm.
-Ressurection Butterfly is a survival spellcard. Therefore it must have a time limit. Game mechanics in Diablo also require it to have a time limit.
-Bonus Fragments have a chance to drop with every TP/ID scroll or key. That's very common as is.
-Spellcard contract gives 2 skill points so that if you had spent them correctly your first levelup gives you access to an active skill.

Basically no to everything because it makes the game too easy and I'm long past the stage where I'm still working on such aspects of the mod.

I'm interested in how do Byakuren's "based on maximum mana/missing mana" skills work. Because it looks like that it has bonuses from Dharma only and without much of it, it appears to be like "Congratulations, you've picked a skill with no effect!"  :V
Then the questions are: If they work, how do they work and what is an eventual mana treshold for those to have even a minimal impact?

Byakuren is intended as the Tankzon-like skillset. Defence and hp are pretty straightforward in making the player hard to kill. The current skill formulae for her bonuses are as follows:

Hp percent bonus - stat('byakuren_dharma'.accr)/15+(stat('maxmana'.accr)*ln12/204800)
Defence percent bonus - stat('byakuren_dharma'.accr)/15+(stat('maxmana'.accr)*ln12/102400)

Both formulae give you 1% for every 15 points of Dharma. The actual skill investment is in your mana times a linear multiplier (ln12) and then divided by 204800 or 102400 respectively. The huge division figure is because the game engine stores hp and mana in 256ths. Your actual mana figure is 256 times what you see. At level 1 of the skill the linear multiplier is 1, you need 800 (visible) mana for 1% bonus hp and half that for the same defence bonus. How do the 400/800 mana breakpoints feel to you? Bear in mind, with points investment into the skills, the percent bonus you're getting from the same breakpoint will get higher.

Damage based on mana missing works pretty similar but only looks at how much mana you have spent. The skill is not based on percentages. It takes the difference between your maximum mana and your current mana (visible figure times 256), divides it by 10 to prevent excessively huge numbers and damage rollover. This raw figure goes into the bonus damage calculation as a percentage for the skill. The mana threshold here is that you need to have a large enough mana pool to spend first and still have enough left to cast the spell.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:21:42 AM by Pesco »

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #590 on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Hawkpath: Don't doublepost. Edit your last post if you have something to add. Your general posting has been noted as being spammy. Consider this as your last warning which holds across the entire forum.

Words.
Mmkay. I will do my best. AND WHY THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE SUNDAE CAN I NOT POST IN RUMIA'S PARTY GAMES!? Kay enough with the off topic. And I meant on normal mode, btw. 'Cause I just installed the mod and aren't even past Koakuma.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #591 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
AND WHY THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE SUNDAE CAN I NOT POST IN RUMIA'S PARTY GAMES!?
If you have less than 10 posts the following items are restricted from you.

• You cannot select or upload an avatar or signature
  • You cannot post in Rumia's Party Games or LettyJournal

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #592 on: December 05, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
Thanks Ran.

« Reply #593 on: December 05, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
Byakuren is intended as the Tankzon-like skillset. Defence and hp are pretty straightforward in making the player hard to kill. The current skill formulae for her bonuses are as follows:

Hp percent bonus - stat('byakuren_dharma'.accr)/15+(stat('maxmana'.accr)*ln12/204800)
Defence percent bonus - stat('byakuren_dharma'.accr)/15+(stat('maxmana'.accr)*ln12/102400)

Both formulae give you 1% for every 15 points of Dharma. The actual skill investment is in your mana times a linear multiplier (ln12) and then divided by 204800 or 102400 respectively. The huge division figure is because the game engine stores hp and mana in 256ths. Your actual mana figure is 256 times what you see. At level 1 of the skill the linear multiplier is 1, you need 800 (visible) mana for 1% bonus hp and half that for the same defence bonus. How do the 400/800 mana breakpoints feel to you? Bear in mind, with points investment into the skills, the percent bonus you're getting from the same breakpoint will get higher.

Damage based on mana missing works pretty similar but only looks at how much mana you have spent. The skill is not based on percentages. It takes the difference between your maximum mana and your current mana (visible figure times 256), divides it by 10 to prevent excessively huge numbers and damage rollover. This raw figure goes into the bonus damage calculation as a percentage for the skill. The mana threshold here is that you need to have a large enough mana pool to spend first and still have enough left to cast the spell.

I feel as a tank Byakuren is fine, good but not over the top, after maxing superhuman I got something like +70% to max hp with 350-ish to bomb stat. Offensively she is incredibly strong against single targets, I literally two shotted Lunatic Flandre (act boss) at /players 8. I wonder if the damage gets so high because I invested in the bonus damage to youkai skill in the Miko tree as well. Number-wise at level 80 after clearing Lunatic, damage is just shy of 90k when I deplete my mana. When does it roll over again?

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
Damage rolls over at 2^31-1 per type of damage. I think 90k should be fine.

« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:35 PM »
Damage rolls over at 2^31-1 per type of damage. I think 90k should be fine.

Hmm, as the damage goes between something like 85k and 105k the damage gets negative, and hitting enemies does nothing, but when it goes higher it displays correctly and from what I can tell deals correct damage again.

Went through UFO stage on Phantasm difficulty. Defeated 2xNue 1xByakuren 1xUnzan, left Murasa and Ichirin be because they had annoying immunities.

Also tried PCB EoSD and PoFV again, Meiling has the most annoying AI ever. She spams mountain breaker all day long ;________;

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #596 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:36 AM »
To be on the safe side then, I think smaller numbers will be needed. I've already covered a lot of material for an update. I'll look into some numbers readjustment.

Annoying AI is justasplanned.jpg :V

Wypatroszony

« Reply #597 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
The answer for the Byakuren question was far more complex than I imagined it to be, thank you for that. I'm impressed.

There is another thing I urge to ask and it's about Remilia's "Bloody Magic Square"'s bonus effect. I noticed it working differently in different circumstances.
1. After freshly entering the game, it heals for [base Blood] per kill. But...
2. After *you skill it up* even once, it switches to [base + item bonus Blood] health per killing blow (significant raise, even at the low level I'm at)
Seeing as it's obviously not working right, how was this one really intended to work?

Edited area is in between *'s.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:31:47 PM by Wypatroszony »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
I think the issue is with how the game saves the stat info. Passives only update their values after a levelup or save and exit. By my understanding of the mechanics, it's because this heal after kill bonus is tied to a state.

« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
I think the issue is with how the game saves the stat info. Passives only update their values after a levelup or save and exit. By my understanding of the mechanics, it's because this heal after kill bonus is tied to a state.

Perhaps giving another charm when cubing the scroll in addition to Yukari fooling around again that gives barbarian +1 skill cry for 1 second?

Any ETA on the next update?

Immortal Momiji!