Author Topic: Super Smash Brothers... TOUHOU?!  (Read 20530 times)

Roo

• My Imagination is a substitute for reality...
Super Smash Brothers... TOUHOU?!
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:38:12 AM »
Ever since Brawl was released, people have been hacking it, and a good portion of the hacks ARE Touhou related!!

Starting with characters, a few (okay) hacks on Peach have been made. These ranged from decent, to pretty nice looking.

^Not really on Peach but... XD

Now keep in mind that these characters had to be EDITED from Peach's original model, making some look less than perfect
However, this whole trial can be avoided, because Miku miku dance files are now IMPORTABLE to Brawl!!

Next up is stages, which personally look alot nicer than some of the chartacters.
First off is the Nuclear Fusion Core, and yes that is the Utsuho model in the Background.

Another one, looks familiar.... >w>

Of course, we got the SDM, including a sleeping Chi- err, Meiling sleeping out front... on a stump for some reason... XD

And, the final Stage of IaMP!!

Now all this is great, but whats Touhou without...

MUSIC!! Dont even worry about that part. All music is importable to Brawl, so now you may listen to your favorite Touhou Tunes while beating the [P]'s outta your enemies. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!

*Whew* Well thats that.
I put this thread into this section because it's technically a Work in progress sorta thing. If I screwed up somehow, feel free to correct me. <:3
Although I've been a fan for years, this is the first time I've actually used this site.

So yeah, discuss. :3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:11:20 AM by Roo »

CK Crash

• boozer
Re: Super Smash Brothers... TOUHOU?!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:37:39 AM »
fun fact: the popular dracula's castle stage on brawlvault has nue in it (I'm too tired to link it at the moment, might edit post later)

Roo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:58:42 AM »
fun fact: the popular dracula's castle stage on brawlvault has nue in it (I'm too tired to link it at the moment, might edit post later)

Yeah I noticed That. At first i thougth it was Flandre, but then I noticed it was definately Nue Hojuu.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:14 AM »
Is this a totally self-made (aka from scratch) or is it just replacing the models with Touhou and surroundings etc while the game itself already exists?

Edit
moved thread to proper section as it is a mod/mutation on existing game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:10:43 PM by Helepolis »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
I played smash bros once on a friends n64, but the newest non-portable nintendo console I have is the snes. Is there some kind of pc based smash bros style game? Or did they actually mod touhou into a console game somehow? Looks like a Wii game when I search for brawl but hacking a current gen console game like this is unheard of from what I know? Or is the Wii designed to be easily moddable? I've never heard it was and if it was people should have mentioned it =p (people in general not you in particular)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
I played smash bros once on a friends n64, but the newest non-portable nintendo console I have is the snes. Is there some kind of pc based smash bros style game? Or did they actually mod touhou into a console game somehow? Looks like a Wii game when I search for brawl but hacking a current gen console game like this is unheard of from what I know? Or is the Wii designed to be easily moddable? I've never heard it was and if it was people should have mentioned it =p (people in general not you in particular)
They're using modded and hacked Wiis to modify the game. It's surprisingly easy to get into this, though Nintendo has tried repeatedly to block modded systems via firmware updates.

This makes me want to mod the Wii at home....
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »
It usually would be very hard to "hack" a modern console, yes, but don't underestimate the power of Brawl geeks. (And Melee geeks who want Brawl to be exactly like Melee, but that's another story, and should probably stay out of this topic, heh.)

With that said, I really like Brawl, and these are pretty cool. Although I wish there would be more hacked stages with actual interesting layouts instead of just graphically-different Final Destination clones.

Roo

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
Wii hacking is as simple as it gets really. It only requires an SD card. Literally thats it. New movesets have also been made for many of these characters.

Dont be afraid of Nintendo blocking your system either, it doesn't actually happen, trust me.  ;)

(On an unrelated note, could someone tell me how to change my ava? I've been trying for a half hour under my account properties, and I cant find how to do it. >.<)

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
One of my friends used to do hacks of SSBB, even putting in UN Owen was her into the game. I would like to see more of these kind of hacks, is there a website or something for this?

PS, you need 10 posts before you can have an avatar.

Roo

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
10 Posts? No prob. ^^

And yes, there are entire sites dedicated to Brawl Hacking. The greatest compilation of Hacks is at Kc-mm.com, and click the Brawlvault link at the top of the screen. Then there's a small section on Smashboards dedicated to customized content (I.E. Hacks). And then there's a litter of much smaller sites, but that usually release the best content. These are called "wordpress" sites, because they are hosted at said domain. These are Hardcorebrawlhacks.wordpress.com, and Elitesmashhackers.org.

Also for those who are wondering, I'm in charge of Project Scarlet, making Flandre a 100% playable character in Brawl, replacing the little freak known as Pit. >.>
The Miku miku dance model will be imported, and will soon be implemented in the game itself, and I even have a voice actor for her!! ^w^

Hope that answers some stuff. :P

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
10 Posts? No prob. ^^

And yes, there are entire sites dedicated to Brawl Hacking. The greatest compilation of Hacks is at Kc-mm.com, and click the Brawlvault link at the top of the screen. Then there's a small section on Smashboards dedicated to customized content (I.E. Hacks). And then there's a litter of much smaller sites, but that usually release the best content. These are called "wordpress" sites, because they are hosted at said domain. These are Hardcorebrawlhacks.wordpress.com, and Elitesmashhackers.org.

Also for those who are wondering, I'm in charge of Project Scarlet, making Flandre a 100% playable character in Brawl, replacing the little freak known as Pit. >.>
The Miku miku dance model will be imported, and will soon be implemented in the game itself, and I even have a voice actor for her!! ^w^

Hope that answers some stuff. :P

Yes, it does. Thank you very much! :D I'm very interested in seeing the final result of the Flandre hack.

gabrielwoj

• Is that someone did a 2D Touhou?
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
Ah yeah, I saw these on BrawlVault...

I still remember one time that was a different stage on the page...
It was something about Flandre Stage (on the FlatZone)
The hack got deleted ???
Image on the Avatar by: xephonia-d35lvsi

Roo

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 03:20:44 AM »
Ah yeah, I saw these on BrawlVault...

I still remember one time that was a different stage on the page...
It was something about Flandre Stage (on the FlatZone)
The hack got deleted ???

Oh yeah that was a REALLY long time ago. >.<
It still exists in some thread somewhere, just locked away for a long time to come.

Also some news ont he MMD imports. Suika Ibuki is going to be added to the list of characters imported.... so now we may have drunken rage on every fighter on the feild.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:26:07 AM »
hello, I am brawlvault's kyouma, Ive made loooads of touhous in the past months.. I think I should spread the news so people can stop using those weird vertexes and move to the actual imports:

check my thread for all of them:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57601.0
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:38:00 AM by Kyouma »

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »
hello, I am brawlvault's kyouma, Ive made loooads of touhous in the past months.. I think I should spread the news so people can stop using those weird vertexes and move to the actual imports:
check my thread for all of them:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57601.0

That actually all looks really good. Maybe this could get me to start playing Brawl again. :V

I wonder, about how long does it take for you to do one of these roughly? Good work I say.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
That actually all looks really good. Maybe this could get me to start playing Brawl again. :V

I wonder, about how long does it take for you to do one of these roughly? Good work I say.
A single character takes me like 1 hour to prepare the model, and about 1:30 hours rigging it; about 30 mins to fix stuff in-game, and its ready, thats why ive made tons of imports which arent only about touhou

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
A single character takes me like 1 hour to prepare the model, and about 1:30 hours rigging it; about 30 mins to fix stuff in-game, and its ready, thats why ive made tons of imports which arent only about touhou

They look amazing, seriously. Now I want to play brawl again, but with Touhou characters.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »
Holy hell, this is amazing. 2 years ago though we sold our wii and all :C no SSB for me.
I do wish there was a way to play wii games on the pc so if the mod DOES come out I can use it

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »
Oh wow, just wanted to say, after I got home I downloaded all of your characters and I am quite impressed. You did a very good job! Thanks for sharing your work Kyouma, these are really fun to play as!

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 02:41:07 AM »
thank you, even though I dont take very long making them, I do my best at every import I make
btw today I just released this

also, there IS a way to play with brawl hacks in the computer; using the dolphin emulator, I dont have a wii (I had to sell it because im poor and I needed to buy food) so I test my hacks in dolphin emulator, also how I record my brawl videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4X9Ks8akfw
even though It looks slow depending on what kind of computer are you using
------
ps:  ive been also working on PSA creation, to continue the job that the past touhuo-brawl-hackers never completed.
I am making flandre scarlet PSA for metaknight, and something revolutionary: reimu over squirtle, marisa over ivysaur, and alice over charizard, so I can finally get rid of the pokemons (replacing pikachu, lucario and jigs is easy), I really dislike pokemon >_>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:30:19 AM by Kyouma »