Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor -- Who wants a Let's Play?  (Read 19288 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor -- Who wants a Let's Play?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 12:28:01 AM »
Is like...If you got a C+ in Solo project that take a whole Month (2-4 hour everyday) to finish, then you should be fine.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:45:11 AM by shinyjam »

KumaKinko

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »
do it. and name the MC after me. Kevin McYukakitty

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »
McYukaKitty doesn't fit. It's only 6 letters per section of name.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »
Yes. It sucks. I personally named my MC Mint Julip. XP

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »
You know what I'll think I'll do? I'll finish the game on my DS first, then play it on the ROM. It won't be a New Game Plus or anything because I don't have a flash card, but it should still be good (I think a New Game+ would be hideously broken anyways, because you don't get healing items in this game, you can just get a couple of strong demons for each character and pwn the crap out of the early parts of the game, but I won't know until I actually finish it). I want to experience this game fully for myself instead of making it a chore of playing it twice alongside itself.

shinyjam

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 02:14:49 AM »
You might also want to jog down things to make replay easier:
-Jog down the story branch point and maybe let us pick what to pursuit like escape city, fight for the bel, etc and which character to side with or philosophy engage like kill people/protect people.
-Jog down what the boss weakness or which stage require running around so you should pack some fast moving ability.
-Probably good to end the chapter with email every night since you have to choose what to responds.
-No need to jog down fusion combo since the auction cost about the same if you do it right. Except Unique fusion.

KumaKinko

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »

Then Yukat

shinyjam

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »

KumaKinko

shinyjam

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 02:08:41 AM »
OMG The last boss....the last boss.....you should do the coward ending before is too late...that thing is sadistically hard to beat without new game+

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 06:59:45 AM »
OMG The last boss....the last boss.....you should do the coward ending before is too late...that thing is sadistically hard to beat without new game+
I'll judge for myself when I get to the end, thank you.

And it's MEGAMI TENSEI. Did you expect an EASY final boss? (aside from Izanami from P4)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »

Spoiler:
Eh? Lucifer?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

shinyjam

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
No is not HIM, so you didn't get spoiled.  :V

Well the main problem is that I am trap at not able to level up due to the free battle fill with weak monster and the damn leveling exp penalty. Where new game + don't have the exp penalty to LV.

Oh yea, someone in gamefaqs said it took him one and a half hour beating it. I just keep dying for now  :P

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »
No is not HIM, so you didn't get spoiled.  :V

Well the main problem is that I am trap at not able to level up due to the free battle fill with weak monster and the damn leveling exp penalty. Where new game + don't have the exp penalty to LV.
Good.

What penality? I didn't really notice. I know demons take longer to level up than humans, though.

shinyjam

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 02:59:18 AM »
Here's the breakdown:
-If demon/human lv is higher than the lv of the defeated demon, you get less and less. Like 1/5 to the point of 1/10 (Not being specific), is the creator way of stopping you from over leveling unless you willing to grind 10+ battle for something you can get in one battle...solo.

-Demon's Exp cap raise very very very fast, so getting 5 level will make it exp cap in the range of 10-20 level higher, which is the creator plan to encourage fusion because the new demon at the appropriate level will have the normal exp cap instead...until it reach 3-5 level later. But some demon are worth keeping for a long time. :p