Author Topic: Questions from a lurker  (Read 2113 times)

Phoenix_lostarr

• mrgrgr
  • Rising from the ashes of an old dream~
Questions from a lurker
« on: May 07, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Hello! I don't think anyone here knows me, since I don't post at allmuch. Anyway, throughout my lurking, I've heard about a few terms that I don't understand. In particular, IRC. From what I've heard, it seems almost like a chatbox of sorts. I don't see anything called IRC on the main page, so how is this feature reached?

Are there any other things similar to this? I.E, used by the forum, possibly part of it, yet not easily accessible from the main page? I'll probably have more questions at a later date, so if I think of any, I'll reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Questions from a lurker
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:17 AM »
IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat.  It's an oldschool internet chat client that adamantly refuses to die due to awesomeness.

Phoenix_lostarr

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
Ah, thank you. So, just guessing here, I might be wrong, there's an MotK server or channel? Guessing it's called 'MotK', or something similar, but there must be thousands of channels in a server. How do I find the MotK one specifically?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
You could start by checking out the IRC Rules and Information thread in the forum conveniently labeled 'Forum/IRC Rules and Info'. :P

Phoenix_lostarr

• mrgrgr
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
Ah. Herpy-derp-derp. Thanks. :D No idea how I didn't see that. :V