Author Topic: [Art] bloopie's bloodles  (Read 4751 times)

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
[Art] bloopie's bloodles
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
I contemplated making a thread for a while and now that my usually slow muse has sped up recently, I figured I'd go ahead and share some stuff here.
Starting from older stuff at the top. Feel free to critique anything you see fit.

Albino Patchy. Never finished due to pure laziness.  :V

I came across these socks while online shopping and thought they'd look good on Nue. :3

I adore Hata-tan.

I wanted to try coloring SPARKLY NAILS but resizing kinda messed them up. Detail here.

Simple Sanae portrait.

KOISHI UGUU

B<

Drawn with the intention of being another fancy nails picture but I liked the sketchiness so I kept it like this.

Kurumiiii, just finished today.
sugeee

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
Re: [Art] bloopie's bloodles
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
First off, welcome! It certainly is good to see another skilled artist. (Well not good for me, now it is one step closer for me to die from sheer jealousy. :colonveeplusalpha:)

However, the shoulder placement of that Kaguya piece looks awkward, as if she has disjointed shoulder socket. Removing some of her hair and make the shoulders less slanted would fix it.

Also, judging from the angle it was drawn, the arch of a foot should not be shown in that Kurumi piece. Give some thoughts about it.

Aside from those suggestions, your works shows already solid base in figure drawing. So, please keep those hands busy.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
Hell yes, Kurumin~<3
I'm not a pro artist so I can't really give constructive criticism, but I do note you tend to shy away from drawing hands. May I ask why is that?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:06 AM »
Oh man I adore that Patchy and Swadloon picture!

I shall be following this thread. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 02:29:45 AM »
I shall be following this thread. :3

Me too, but I'll probably lurk more than anything. :V

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:45:53 AM »
Thanks all!

First off, welcome! It certainly is good to see another skilled artist. (Well not good for me, now it is one step closer for me to die from sheer jealousy. :colonveeplusalpha:)

However, the shoulder placement of that Kaguya piece looks awkward, as if she has disjointed shoulder socket. Removing some of her hair and make the shoulders less slanted would fix it.

Also, judging from the angle it was drawn, the arch of a foot should not be shown in that Kurumi piece. Give some thoughts about it.

Aside from those suggestions, your works shows already solid base in figure drawing. So, please keep those hands busy.

Thanks a lot for the tips. I've yet to have any formal training in figure drawing but I hope to take some classes one day. I admittedly don't sit down and practice enough on my own but I'm trying to work on that.

Hell yes, Kurumin~<3
I'm not a pro artist so I can't really give constructive criticism, but I do note you tend to shy away from drawing hands. May I ask why is that?
I dunno if it's so much as shying away as "tried to draw a certain arm/hand position and it kept coming out like poop so I gave up and ended up drawing them in a half-hidden fashion"  :blush: The Kurumi picture in particular gave me immense trouble there, definitely something I need to work on more.
sugeee

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
Your Hatate is perfect.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »

WIP sketch

also boobies
[nsfw]http://i53.tinypic.com/4g1ytg.png[/nsfw]
sugeee

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
Nicely done as expected from you. However, I see some points for improvements.

In Orin sketch, the placement of her right eye is in awkward angle and width. This gives some sort of contorted feeling to her face, I would widen it and bring it down by few mms.

Also, the jaw and neck joint looks twisted as if her neck got snapped and glued back together. Shift the left shoulder upward a bit or better yet, draw new left section for the neck in more

angled fashion. Lastly, move her left hand up by few mms, for currently the place defined by her shoulder and hands are quite distorted.

In the second sketch, the placement of navel is little too low. Move it up by few mms. In addition, shift the left nipple right. Lastly, the area joining breasts and shoulders gives some

weird feeling that I can't put my finger on; maybe I am seeing things.

Anyway, the overall quality is promising. By the way, would you please update as often as possible? 

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
Lastly, the area joining breasts and shoulders gives some

weird feeling that I can't put my finger on; maybe I am seeing things.
I think it's that the armpits are too low

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »
I adore Hata-tan.
hi we are best friends forever ok
Your Hatate is perfect.
yup

ruikomatsu