Author Topic: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody expansion pack coming to Comiket 76... probably.  (Read 60504 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
http://www.tasofro.net/

This is all implied by the screenshot, which has a slightly updated interface, new weather, and a new background.

... Eh.

No Meiling?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
ooooooh looks great. i wonder what the new weather will do? Maybe the opposite of Spring Haze, "No bullets" I always thought that should have been a weather along with preventing melee haha. the new stage looks cool too. I wonder where it is? Looks like a lake...maybe the lake near the SDM? That spot does come up a lot in Touhou haha. Guess time shall tell.
I too hope for some new chars....anyone would do if it adds to the game hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

R-9A2 Delta

• laser laser laser laser
  • totally not obsessed with Yuka
What if it's a new Touhou game altogether?

Herasy

Just heard about this, heres hoping for a new character, preferably a MoF or SA one.

But if it's a new game altogether, then that's even better.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:49:01 PM by Herasy »

Gpop

I just came on that screenshot....

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Unless this "expansion pack" includes being able to run it in WINE, looks like I'll be watching YouTube vids of fights.

I just came on that screenshot....

Thanks, Gpop. Anything else you want to share?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ClockworkDreams

If new characters are added, I wonder if they'll be given a storyline at all or if they'll just be plopped in.

Either way, this is exciting.

An Aki sisters tag team would be pretty fun to play as...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:44:58 PM by ClockworkDreams »

Gpop

Thanks, Gpop. Anything else you want to share?

I came on your face.

But I'm just excited for some reason. Why? Because maybe in this "update" will give us the ability to AT LEAST DISABLE THE FUCKING WEATHER GODDAMN IT!

Herasy

But I'm just excited for some reason. Why? Because maybe in this "update" will give us the ability to AT LEAST DISABLE THE FUCKING WEATHER GODDAMN IT!
Hopefully with the ability to turn off certain weathers too, take THAT no melee weather!

Also, with that new UI in the screenshot, makes me think this might just be a new game.

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
So basically it's Super Scarlet Weather Rhapsody II Turbo.

Probably worth looking into at the least.

Anyone able to translate the page? All I can make out are details of the stand they're selling it at in Comiket...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:20:27 PM by Roukanken »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!

Probably worth looking into at the least.

Yep.  If you get past hard or lunatic without dying, Rin Satsuki shows up at the start of the last fight, kills Tenshi, and then you have to fight her.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
No Meiling?
She better be in or else...

As much as I'd love to see Meiling return, I'd only be able to accept her if she wasn't a joke character this time.  I mean, seriously, she's the only martial artist in the entire cast... Surely she should actually be a decent character in a fighting game, right?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

this could mean:
- subtle character differences compared to SWR (or IaMP, who knows), with the possibility to choose the SWR versions (that have SWR's spellcard/gameplay mechanics, and can't use the new features of the game, whatever they are)
- commands such as 623 must be input precisely, instead of 626
- comboing from air into ground becomes more restrict
- a selectable hidden character that overpowers others (possibly Yorihime/Toyohime), but has a quite strict selection trick so that, if players want to use her (or Mannosuke, another possibility) in tournaments (I feel weird for comparing SWR with ST :p), and somehow fail to select her, they're automatically banned
- there will be an HD Remix version :p

As much as I'd love to see Meiling return, I'd only be able to accept her if she wasn't a joke character this time.  I mean, seriously, she's the only martial artist in the entire cast... Surely she should actually be a decent character in a fighting game, right?

Youmu is another martial artist, Remilia prefers melee over danmaku, and Suika has destroyed mountains before (just like Akuma did in SF3 2nd Impact)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast

Well, I don't think it can be a choice in multiplayer, otherwise you'll split the player base and cause elitism (i.e. items in Super Smash Brothers/Melee/Brawl).  The most I would go for is that each player can choose one weather condition to not have, which would at least be a bit strategical, but preferably, some of the more influential weather conditions will be changed (or that it won't be a choice and weather is always disabled/enabled).

Single player can have that choice though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:56:22 PM by LiteYear »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
*shudder* Elitism. I'm definitely not too fond of that word. when Elitism is involved there are competitive players and casual players. I'm a casual in Brawl. I don't mind any setting or any mode whatsoever. but some of my friends always do 3 lives, no items Final D all day ._. it gets kinda boring.... I like mixing it up and adding variety. Otherwise it may and i put emphasis on the 'may' become a totally skill base, if you can't beat a few of yoru certain friends then you'll probably always stay below em. I guess as long as its fun i guess you won't even think too much about it though. But i like variety, keeps everyone on edge, high skill or not hehe.
Speaking of Bros. i gotta play it again ._. haven't played in a few months haha.

I wonder if there are any other extra features in this SWR or possibly new Touhou fighter. I saw it say ver.1.06 at the bottom so i think its for SWR for sure since that's the current version.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Is there some kinda Comiket 76 thread around somewhere? I've tried to search it but I only get a gazillion of other topics. Dx

I might be able to get there this time, but it would really help to know where the Touhou games will be located in the building, and even more if theres even a remote chance to get my hands on a copy of UFO or the SWR expansion.

It would suck pretty much to stand in line for hours just to find out that it all sold out just before I got there. Dx
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
most of the japanese text is were its going to sell and what date, nothing about whats new and upcomeing

an SWR expansion? sweeeet

my hopes go with a new character.

Maybe it'll be someone who's actually from Mountain of Faith.

Herasy

Maybe it'll be someone who's actually from Mountain of Faith.
That's what I'm really hoping for, Aya does not count as a MoF character in my book.
Heres hoping for a brawling Sanae!

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
how do you have a fighting game, but no Meiling?

Blasphemy, I say!

Letty Whiterock

56.5 FPS

Tengukami

Brawling Aya would compel me to create a Windows partition on my machine, so I really hope she doesn't make an appearance.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Aya is already in SWR
and Sanae is a slut, move on.

I DEMAND MY PHOENIX PUNCH

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Tengukami

Aya is already in SWR

Damnit, why did I need to know that?

... Strangely, it's still not enough to make me want to install Windows. Go figure.

KumaKinko

From Tasogare's site:

"
COMIC1☆3 受かりました
4月26日日曜日 ふ66a 黄昏フロンティア です。
頒布予定物
緋想天符録 Weatherlight 500円

(注意:近未来的2Dジャンプアクションではありません)"

緋想天符録...?
Anyone wanna' translate that?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
I'd rather a new game altogether. There was a considerable drop in gameplay quality from IaMP, which was really good, to SWR, that's pretty much rubbish.
rofl bye