Author Topic: Forum Ranks  (Read 4413 times)

Forum Ranks
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
I have some questions about the forum ranks, except for the Idiot Hierarchy, or those that are explicit(Administrator, moderator), I am unable to find information concerning the other ranks. And I am unable to use the search function at the top of the page, it tells me I am not allowed to.

Acolyte -> Who are they?

Atelier Idol -> Who are they?

BunBunMaru Staff -> I assume they take care of publications?

Gensokyo Police - > Who are they?

Godmother -> Who is that?

Mascot -> Someone who parades on the forums wearing a costume?

Shrine Janitor -> I assume they clean up posts on the forums?

Spechul member -> Special people?

Wordsmith -> Writers?

Yellow Member -> ???

There are 1400 pixels long of ranks. And almost half of them have no explicit description in the forum info section concerning them, or what these ranks do on the forums. I think that would be a nice addition to the forum info section to explain what the ranks are, and would keep new members from searching all over the forums to find out what these ranks do, or ask someone everytime.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Forum Ranks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
Man, where WAS that thread? There was one put together a while ago, but you're right, it's due for an update.

Let me try and find it...

Ah, there we go. DON'T post there, though, it's an old thread and it'd probably be better to put together a new comprehensive list (especially since there have been changes since then).

Am I going to? Maybe another time if I feel not-lazy, but don't count on it.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:27:07 AM »
Thank you a lot for your help :)

If there were a way to give +Rep, I would. However, for the time being, you will have to stay contempt with this unsatisfying cookie.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
Staff:
Administrators - The top echelon. Basically have free reign over the forum
Global Mod - Second in command, can do anything as long as admins don't object to it
Acolytes - Charged with looking over a particular board. Intended to more or less act as an inbetween between the staff and the members. The typical point of call for complaints or suggestions, no banning powers but can make suggestions to higher staff.
Bunbunmaru Staff - Entitled to post headlines on the Front Page. Currently only Hele. :V

Non-Staff Moderation:
Shrine Janitor - Has lock/split/merge/edit powers across the forum, but no actual moderation privileges.
Gensokyo Police - Typically keeps rules such as image-size-limits in check. Roughly equivalent to Shrine Janitor.
Godmother - Moderator specifically for RPG. Can edit/delete threads only within that board.
Librarian - Moderator specifically for PSL. Can edit/delete threads only within that board.

Idiot Hierarchy:
Idiot Princess = lowest level of the idiot hierarchy, has no extra powers
Idiot Maiden = second tier of the idiot hierarchy, can edit/lock posts
Idiot Deity = top tier of the idiot hierarchy, has all powers of IM + edit profiles and move threads to LS

Reward Titles:
Atelier Idol - Special title given to noteworthy musicians in AAA.
Resident Artist++ - Title given to noteworthy artists on AAA.
Wordsmith - Title given to noteworthy authors on PSL.
Happy Birthday! - Special group which members are entered into during their birthday. Limited mod powers are granted but expected to be used responsibly.
Spechul Membah - Title given out to noteworthy members for which the other titles (Resident Artist, Wordsmith, Atelier Idol) don't quite fit.
Yellow Member - Special title equivalent to ID, typically used by a certain frog goddess.

Mascot/YOU WA BAN - Joke titles, no meaning.

Wasn't sure about a couple (Gensokyo Police in particular) but hopefully that's accurate enough.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:35:59 AM by Rou You Can »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »
The only Gensokyo Cop right now is Letty. From what I remember of having the position myself, it's essentially the same as Shrine Janitor.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
The only Gensokyo Cop right now is Letty. From what I remember of having the position myself, it's essentially the same as Shrine Janitor.
Right, changed. Reworded for clarity as well.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
It's roughly equivalent except with access to the staff forum.  It's basically the old mod position before the acolyte position was invented.

A point of clarification, the distinction between global mod not being able to ban and admins being able to is merely a matter of security.  The access required to ban someone entails them having full access to the forum and everything, so as a matter of security only a limited number of people can do so.  We've had issues with rogue staffers and non-staffers and it's a serious concern, and even if they didn't go rogue, it's less accounts people from the outside can attack and hack in through.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their answers ^_^

Here, all have cookies.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
Here, all have cookies.
Needs Gangmakers.