Author Topic: A textless Touhou Soccer Moushuuden?  (Read 3479 times)

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
A textless Touhou Soccer Moushuuden?
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:22:10 AM »
I am having a small problem with this game. It seems that it will not show text for any of the conversations and won't allow me in all-star or the options menu without crashing. (i know of the freeze bug in the first scenario cut-scene but it won't let me into the options to fix that problem.)

Any aid with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Flan
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Re: A textless Touhou Soccer Moushuuden?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
Someone else had the same problem a few months ago. Did you patch the game up to the latest version ?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:42:25 AM »
Another thing, are you running in AppLocale?
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:45:03 AM »
Oh oh! lemme see if I can read minds!

First, are you using the english translation?
Second, are you using Applocale or have your non-unicode language set to Japanese?

English translation with no Applocale or non-unicode laguage resulted in crashing screen and no text for me before.

New reply
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:47:52 AM by Hanged Hourai »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »
I'll answer these in order:

Yes it is patched.

Yes I am attempting the english.

No I do not have an applocale (the comp. I play on is not connected to the internet)

Yes I have it set to Japanese locale.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 02:17:45 AM »
Ok, do you have the English.pak from the translation in the Packages folder, and did you overwrite the old one?

Also, what OS is the computer the game is on?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:21:06 AM by Hanged Hourai »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Yes I put the pak in the packages folder and it is running on Windows 7.