Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 137860 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2011, 12:38:01 AM »
Oh come on, PCB. I was this close to capturing Suzomine Perfect Blossom Lunatic when I hadn't captured any of the other modes yet. Do you know how freaking awesome that would have been? But noooooo, you decided to kill me as Yuyuko was exploding. Thanks for that. 

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #781 on: October 13, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
*sigh

Subterranean

RRRROOOOOOSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #782 on: October 13, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »
Game over at Tojiko

On normal

Seriously!?! I can never seem to do a deathbomb in TD. And the amount of stupid deaths, ugh

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #783 on: October 14, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »
Scarlet Gensokyo (Hard) ended my run :<

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #784 on: October 14, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »
Been a while since I seriously tried UFO hard, and now I remember why.
Start with a ReimuA for a change of pace, grab a green UFO before Nazrin by mistake, die to her last spell.
Switch to SanaeB, die repeatedly to Stage 1, and end up resetting on Stage 2 after dying with 2 bombs in stock on my best try.
Try randomly with MarisaA once, ragequit after derp death to PSM+double KO on Kogasa last spell.

« Reply #785 on: October 14, 2011, 11:49:45 PM »
PoFV Lunatic, Youmu.

So close, so close... finally managed to actually have two extra lives as I reach Shikeiki but couldn't get her down in three rounds (... well she was teasing me, as always, and got down twice to her last health).
Now if only I would stop dying to those ridiculously close matches against Sakuya & Aya in Stages 6 and 7 (though they are also the most exciting).
*sigh* Aya, Medicine, this was so much easier with you two.

Heart, calm down. It's alright; calm down. Nothing happened, just a glimpse of what could have been.
At least my performance didn't massively disappoint me as it did the last few times I tried some Touhou.

@I have no name: The best thing about UFO hard is that the stageportion of Stage 5 seems to be nearly the same as Lunatic, or at least I couldn't see much of a difference. Maybe the bullet-spam at the end has two more bullets in total.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:59:42 PM by qno2 »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #786 on: October 15, 2011, 01:25:32 AM »
@I have no name: The best thing about UFO hard is that the stageportion of Stage 5 seems to be nearly the same as Lunatic, or at least I couldn't see much of a difference. Maybe the bullet-spam at the end has two more bullets in total.
So I'm basically playing a lunatic stage.  That doesn't sound like a good thing.
If I can even get that far any more.  I keep resetting pre-Stage 3, and the one run that gets through stage 2 derps Nue.

Couldn't even get to midboss Kogasa before ragequitting now...5 runs, 1 gets through Stage 1 but I get killed BY A BULLET SPAWNING ON TOP OF ME

Edit: got past Stage 2 deathless, proceeded to have the best Ichirin and Murasa battle, bombed through Stage 5, got to Byakuren with 4 lives and 4 bombs... and proceeded to fail with TWO SECONDS LEFT until the 1cc.  DAMMIT I HAD IT THAT TIME BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO I HAD TO DIE TO DEVIL'S RECITATION WITH A BOMB IN STOCK AND I HAD TO USE MY BOMBS EARLIER THAN I SHOULD HAVE

« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
at least you didn't gameover to byakuren first nonspell after reaching shou with max lives and 3 bombs
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #788 on: October 17, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
Well darn. My first time making it past Four of a Kind, and I lose to Counter Clock. -_-
Never again, I can tell you.
It will take me months to get that far again.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #789 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Whyyyyy?  I mean I can't stop looking at that bomb and that health left.
  I'm just going to blame Murasa's bitchass for this.  I had a 2 death Shou after her.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #790 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:26 PM »
I must be having an off day when it comes to dodging things.......
MoF lunatic, I had died to the first 2 stages maybe once prior to today's session.
about a dozen resets, usually before Shizuha!
UFO hard, a couple Stage 2 failures, a couple Stage 1 mistakes, and to cap it all off, a death to BUSY ROD of all things.  I want to know how I have a 30/33 on that, namely, why it's taken that many tries to come close to clearing twice and how I failed it 3 times.

« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2011, 03:53:42 PM »
Fudge. Damn Kanako i absolutely hate her non spell, in which she becomes invincible for a time being -.- and cold fingers, decreasing my performance!

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
Fudge. Damn Kanako i absolutely hate her non spell, in which she becomes invincible for a time being -.- and cold fingers, decreasing my performance!
I can definitely relate to the cold fingers thing.  I find it hard to do almost anything when my digits are less than warm.  Probably better for your sanity to just wait til they're not feeling so frozen then try again.

Also, upon that nonspell...From the replays I've seen, no matter what you do it'll probably take a LONG time to take down due to said invulnerability, so just keep at it!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »
Sweaty fingers are much, much worse than cold fingers.

Oh and I got really mad yesterday from having a great Normal SA run before dying twice on Stage 6 Orin. Yeah, that sucked. And I ended up really close to 1cc'ing too.

At least I made up for it by 1cc'ing today!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Why can I no longer do MoF lunatic Stage 1, I was consistently getting through it using one bomb, and now I'm dying to literally EVERYTHING.
My 12/12 record on Shizuha's spell is now 16/19, and only about half my runs are getting to her.
and when I DO survive the stage, the opening of Stage 2 usually kills me, and should I survive that, a double derp awaits me in Stage 3.
I haven't gotten to Stage 4 in a couple of days.
Also, same applies to UFO hard stages 1 and 2.  I used to be consistent at getting through them without dying, now EVERYTHING has a chance of killing me, and in a session, it usually does.  Nothing kills your mood likes THREE straight deaths to Busy Rod when you had somewhere around a 95% capture rate on it before.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #795 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
I can relate to cold fingers.

But what about nervous twitches?

« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »
I need 8 more posts, so i'll write here probably.

Aya's storm day -- raaaaaeg.!!1111.

Okay.
Нахуя вам тохо?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
Aya's storm day -- raaaaaeg.!!1111.
Agreed on that, it was the only thing of Aya's I died to in my clear.
I failed SA normal 90 FPS due to a series of derps on Orin...but mostly because BoWaP double death:safespot derp and then RAMMED by Satori AFTER the spell ends.

« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
Well i never get raged on derps, i wrote that just for fun :)
But that card is, like, pretty hard for me now, for example here i had 3 deaths on it http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16492
Нахуя вам тохо?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
Storm Day is lunatic, hard version is Tengu's Fall Wind. (I'm just nitpicky about stuff like that)
Use more ReimuB, it makes bosses much much easier at the cost of slightly harder stages (work out a path for each and you'll rarely die to them though)
Honestly, Saruta Cross is probably Aya's hardest spell on hard mode.

Why is the difficulty gap between hard and lunatic so huge for Ten Desires?  Hard gave me no trouble, but I have trouble with the stage 1 midboss on lnuatic!

« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
>Storm Day is lunatic, hard version is Tengu's Fall Wind. (I'm just nit[icky about stuff like that)
Oh okay, i'll remember that.
Changing a character isn't really an option, so maybe i'll just practice later; moreover, i've seen earlier (don't remember where though) that there can be some kind of safespot on this card, so i'll probably look into that either.
Нахуя вам тохо?

« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2011, 03:47:04 PM »
Yuyu confirmed for not a good girl.

Excuse me for not submitting the 1.26 run in the highscores, I want to break 1.3  :V
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:48:40 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
>moreover, i've seen earlier (don't remember where though) that there can be some kind of safespot on this card, so i'll probably look into that either.

Well yeah, i found the video ? http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm951282 ? just not sure if this can be used.
Нахуя вам тохо?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:26 PM »
簡単 my ass. Why would the player be dying so many times, then?
But, yeah. I think it's because the bullets are too fast. Like SUPER SPEED SA REIMUC.

« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »
Why is the difficulty gap between hard and lunatic so huge for Ten Desires?  Hard gave me no trouble, but I have trouble with the stage 1 midboss on lnuatic!

Its always huge. Its nothing exclusive to TD.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #805 on: October 21, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
Its always huge. Its nothing exclusive to TD.
I didn't notice a huge gap for TH 6-9, I did notice one for MoF though, but I bombed pretty much the same placed I bombed on hard and died about the same places as well.
TD hard was easy, TD lunatic is "no just no".

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #806 on: October 21, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
I think it's because TD is supposedly easier all around, but Lunatic probably touches closer to the rest of the series' Lunatic or something.

I wouldn't know, I don't have it >_>

Then again, didn't Jaimers perfect S6 after like, a week?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #807 on: October 21, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
I think many of the difficulties of TD just simply come from the fewer lives given, so you can't rly derp.
Otherwise, I don't see such a huge difficulty jump. If anything, it's much easier than SA/UFO.

« Reply #808 on: October 21, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
I didn't notice a huge gap for TH 6-9, I did notice one for MoF though, but I bombed pretty much the same placed I bombed on hard and died about the same places as well.
TD hard was easy, TD lunatic is "no just no".

Back when I got into Lunatic i felt a serious increase in difficulty with the earlier games. If nothing else, the jump has been there since SA though. Especially UFO. In that game I can really feel the difference between Hard and Lunatic while not at all in TD.

But Lunatic probably touches closer to the rest of the series' Lunatic or something.

Unfortunately not.

Formless God

« Reply #809 on: October 22, 2011, 02:28:14 AM »
Nonsense. Even if TD is an overall easier game, the jump from TD Hard to TD Lunatic is still comparable to the jump in the previous games.