Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 137886 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #990 on: December 15, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »
>enters Byakuren with a ridiculous number of lives

Hmm, maybe I'll try perfecting her, just for the hell of it

>dies to third nonspell

Ah well, no big deal, I've got three bombs and six lives left

>five consecutive deaths with bombs in stock despite pressing the X button on four of them

UNDEFINED FANTASTIC OBJECT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, I SHOULD NOT ENTER BYAKUREN WITH SEVEN LIVES AND END WITH NOTHING IN STOCK. THAT JUST DOES NOT FUCKING HAPPEN.

And now I'm really wishing I saved the replay instead of rage closing, because I swear to Cthulhu there was nothing even fucking there during that death on Air Scroll. I dodge a wave, pichuun just as the next wave starts spreading. HOW.

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #991 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »
That's Byakuren's only spell I have a perfect capture record of with ReimuA.  In fact, it's the only spell I have a perfect capture record of (on normal) with ReimuA.
You can always count on me to fail on the most trivial things, because my mental focus is about as steady as the stock market (bad analogy lol).

Also, ND1B IN easy, and the bomb was for score.
WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME I HAD THE PERFECT SCREW IT I THINK I'LL COUNT THAT
This sounds like it belongs in the Accomplishments thread. :)
If you're bombing for score, I would personally still consider it a perfect run. Score can be strange, sometimes, because it's not always an accurate indicator of a player's skill. When I was going through the Touhou Extra Stages, some of my failed runs had higher scores than some completed runs on YouTube by players who are clearly more skilled than I am, and I had absolute disregard for the intricacies of the scoring systems aside from basic PoC usage.

Geesh, ten minutes of practice and I can already see what's wrong with my approach as well as my attitude in general.
Damn, that's pretty harsh on yourself.
There's nothing wrong with being analytical. In fact, when used properly, it can get better results more quickly than raw practice alone.

...I thought had a legitimate shot at actually beating Flandre on only my third try.
Wow, you almost beat Flandre on only your third attempt? Doesn't sound too much like a rage moment other than the fact that your keyboard BS'd you.

>five consecutive deaths with bombs in stock despite pressing the X button on four of them
It does sound like your keyboard has serious issues. Of all things, it's this sort of problem that makes me RAGE. What kind of keyboard do you use?

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

« Reply #992 on: December 15, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »
How to not cock up and lose all your lives on Byakuren?

I did win this time and it was with SanaeB. I got to Byakuren with 6 lives again and I wonder why I can't even with bombs avoid losing all my lives. I seem to have lost my consistency at Superhuman which i used to find pretty easy.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #993 on: December 15, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »
Well, it has begun...

Hour and a half of constant attempts on Byakuren. Not a single one captured both her first spell card and second non-spell. -_- I swear, there must still be something I'm missing here.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #994 on: December 15, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
This sounds like it belongs in the Accomplishments thread. :)
It would if I hadn't bombed for score.  On Stage 1.  Sort of like a reverse choke only for scoring.

« Reply #995 on: December 15, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Hour and a half of constant attempts on Byakuren. Not a single one captured both her first spell card and second non-spell. -_- I swear, there must still be something I'm missing here.

Yeah, it's that those attacks are bullshit. I have a replay somewhere of me perfecting Byakuren apart from those two attacks, which I autobomb.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #996 on: December 15, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »
I wouldn't quite call Good Omen bullshit. It's an exercise in precision, albeit one that's arguably greater than anything SA has to offer, which is saying something. Donut, you might want to consider dodging stuff a bit higher than the bottom of the screen, even if just for a moment in each wave, if you aren't doing that already.

As for the second nonspell, it's bullshit only if you try to do it "normally" because you have to contend with those lasers that randomly activate far away from the others. When I try to capture it, I always do the large back-and-forth streaming motions (I usually call it "Krim-style" since he was the first one I saw perform it like that). Not that that method is easy in and of itself, but I prefer just not dealing with the lasers at all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #997 on: December 15, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
So far my attempts at PCB Hard are failing in the first couple of stages.

First: die to Letty's final card
Second: forget that yin-yangs shoot things on stage 2
Third: die to Cirno's card
Fourth: walled by blue bullets after Chen
Fifth: run into a bullet on Lingering Cold after my computer decides to make me unfocus for a couple of seconds

Go me.

Zil

« Reply #998 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
As for the second nonspell, it's bullshit only if you try to do it "normally" because you have to contend with those lasers that randomly activate far away from the others. When I try to capture it, I always do the large back-and-forth streaming motions (I usually call it "Krim-style" since he was the first one I saw perform it like that). Not that that method is easy in and of itself, but I prefer just not dealing with the lasers at all.
So there are other people who do it that way. I thought I may have been imagining that it's easier that way.

As for something to rage about... SanaeA.

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #999 on: December 15, 2011, 10:41:58 PM »
I wouldn't quite call Good Omen bullshit. It's an exercise in precision, albeit one that's arguably greater than anything SA has to offer, which is saying something. Donut, you might want to consider dodging stuff a bit higher than the bottom of the screen, even if just for a moment in each wave, if you aren't doing that already.

Yeah, Good Omen isn't really bullshit, it's just really challenging because it combines high density, high parallelism, high read precision and relatively high bullet speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's one of the most difficult things I've ever seen in Touhou.

Macro-streaming? That's the best way I can think of to describe it. So that would mean that the "normal" method is just tap-streaming? If so, then I see why it might seem like BS.

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #1000 on: December 15, 2011, 11:00:23 PM »
Scarlet Gensokyo.

Why wall me in at the last moment. *bomb*