Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 137881 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2011, 06:39:41 AM »
Aah...

The sweet bitter taste of defeat...

Of reaching Scarlet Gensokyo in a perfect...and failing.

* Donut quietly sobs

Well, maybe there will be a fourth time that happens...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #841 on: November 07, 2011, 07:27:37 AM »
Why is it so hard to capture Extreme Color Typhoon?  That's 2 perfect Stage 3 (normal) runs RUINED there.

...and now perfect Patchy, aside from a death to Agni Shrine High Level.  Which I always get in actual runs.

AND NOW REMILIA WITH A PANIC BOMB ON RED MAGIC WHOOP-DE-DOO EOSD HATES ME

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #842 on: November 07, 2011, 07:31:23 AM »
I can't even play 10D on normal for some reason. My game ended on stage 4. I ran straight into Yoshika..... and before that I kept running into Yoshika's bullets in stage 3.
I have no idea whats happening to me.

« Reply #843 on: November 07, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »
Why is it so hard to capture Extreme Color Typhoon?  That's 2 perfect Stage 3 (normal) runs RUINED there.

This. I hate that card so much on any difficulty, even Easy even though on that mode it just makes me panic.
I haven't even perfected Meiling on Easy. I always panic-bomb somewhere.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #844 on: November 07, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »
Okuu.  normal.  1 death.
Guess where.
Spoiler:
THE SECOND NONSPELL, THAT'S WHERE  at least it was to something legtitimately challenging and not, say, the 3rd nonspell.

I guess I should mention that of the 11 normal bosses I am yet to perfect, I have a run with 1 mistake to 8 of them, 4 of these 1 mistake runs were in the past 24 hours.

EDIT: Add another 1 mistake Patchy and Remilia run (To Forest Blaze and Remilia's second spell)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #845 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
I come back from a con and see that I can't beat Yuugi on Normal without dying at least five times

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
NONONONONONONO
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

THIS close to no focus EoSD extra clear.
I would have HAD it if Catadioptrics hadn't played cheap and bounced a bubble off the bottom right corner STRAIGHT INTO MY HITBOX (with 3 bombs in stock no less).
I one-bombed Flandre until Starbow Break and capped Counter Clock too...

Zil

« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:42 AM »
I have failed Ten Evil Stars for the first time. Not gonna lie, it felt pretty strange.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #848 on: November 11, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »
Okuu's first spell is pissing me off.
I have failed it 4 times in a row, when I had a 50% capture rate on it (when I tried to capture it and didn't bomb) before this.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #849 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:55 AM »
UUUUUAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I was pretty close at an EoSD Lunatic 1cc, but Remilia was insane as usual. I derped on her easiest non-spell. (and clip death on opener) That was not a bad run either, that's the best run I've had at lunatic, and highest score by far! I'm so very close.
Replay
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #850 on: November 12, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
Why cats are bad luck:

Today has been yet another bad Cat Walk day.

Zil

« Reply #851 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:55 AM »
UUUUUAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I was pretty close at an EoSD Lunatic 1cc, but Remilia was insane as usual. I derped on her easiest non-spell. (and clip death on opener) That was not a bad run either, that's the best run I've had at lunatic, and highest score by far! I'm so very close.
I checked out that replay and saw that Cirno's opener ate two of your bombs. If I may offer some advice, and maybe you alreay know this, but you can just micro-dodge those walls of bullets. The first one is a little tight, so I usually direct that one towards the edge, avoid it completely, then move to the center for the other two.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #852 on: November 12, 2011, 04:02:21 AM »
Yeah, I usually do that, but didn't feel lucky in that run for some reason. And I really hate Cirno's random movements during her non-spells. She (almost) always moves to wherever I'm not, usually during her second non-spell, making me almost time it out, even though it's just simple streaming.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #853 on: November 12, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »
Okuu's first spell is pissing me off.
I have failed it 4 times in a row, when I had a 50% capture rate on it (when I tried to capture it and didn't bomb) before this.
Make that 5 times.  What is wrong with me.
On stuff that's not even in my control, 5 attempts at Kaguya.  They went as follows:
1: walled by first nonspell
2: walled by Dragon's Necklace
3: walled by Dragon's Necklace
4: walled by Dragon's Necklace
5: walled by Dragon's Necklace

Drake

« Reply #854 on: November 13, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
Yet another game over at Red LFS. Sighhhhh.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #855 on: November 13, 2011, 09:05:11 PM »
Scarlet Gensokyo is currently the last card on Hard mode that I haven't captured.
I came close the other day. I got the full power item to clear the first wave, everything went as planned.
And then I got a double K.O.
RAAAAGE.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #856 on: November 14, 2011, 02:38:57 AM »
Scarlet Gensokyo is currently the last card on Hard mode that I haven't captured.
I came close the other day. I got the full power item to clear the first wave, everything went as planned.
And then I got a double K.O.
RAAAAGE.
trolololol I got that spell captured in a no focus run of hard mode.

So I decide to try a literally blind run of IN easy, and I get killed 3 times by fairies that had more spread than I thought in Stage 2.  oops.

GOD DAMMIT OKUU I FINALLY CAPTURE YOUR FIRST SPELL AND THEN THE FIRST 5 SECONDS OF MEGA FLARE WALL ME

« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »
So I decided to work on timing out Overdrive cards. Obviously resulting in some rage:

- What the fuck is up with taking 11 attempts at clearing Miko's? Seriously, wtf? I kept reading those fucking balls as metal fatigue bullets.
- Soga's card then turned into something thoroughly annoying and not fun at all although it wasn't that bad once I got into how it was supposed to be dodged.
- Seiga's... Ooh, i bothered with 50 attempts never really getting that far.  Its the same deal as capturing it actually. Get lucky enough not to be screwed over by the balls. Sure they are aimed in some manner but with that amount of bullets it really just feels like its Hourai Jewel all over again. Its like, move at the wrong moment and the bullets all flock around you leaving you no chance to avoid them.

There. I've done my whining. Now back to some more constructive posting. Game blows, so why am I wasting time on it? Idk, back to UFO. There, feels a lot better now. ;)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #858 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:36 AM »
THE FIRST 5 SECONDS OF MEGA FLARE WALL ME
Got through Mega Flare, then got walled by the last nonspell.  Twice.  Then I choked Hell and Heaven Meltdown before ragequitting.
Why can't I get this perfect, I should have had it by now.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #859 on: November 18, 2011, 12:28:19 AM »
Got through Mega Flare, then got walled by the last nonspell.  Twice.  Then I choked Hell and Heaven Meltdown before ragequitting.
How are you doing the last nonspell? You got a replay?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Zil

« Reply #860 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:24 AM »
Yeah, that nonspell should never be able to wall you if do it right. I believe the idea is to be on the side that Okuu moves away from. If you watch your own replay you'd probobly see one side of the screen is really open while the other is really dense. I generally move over while streaming the bubbles.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #861 on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:10 AM »
I know one side of the screen is open, I just went to the wrong side and was walled as a result.  I never remember which side I need to go to, and it's usually not a problem.  The annoying part is messing up the last thing I have a decent chance of screwing up in an otherwise perfect attempt.
I tried again, failed there again, and incidentally failed Blazing Wheel in both of these.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #862 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43:11 AM »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #863 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
Test tomorrow-->can't sleep-->play UFO at 90 FPS-->fail Stage 1 a dozen times --> perfect stage 1-->fail to get any UFOs during Stages 2 and 3-->die horrible deaths to Murasa and Shou-->don't even get to Stage 6 --> get sufficiently pissed off at UFO to never play it again...until I decide it's a good idea to try for a 120 FPS easy or 90 FPS normal again.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #864 on: November 18, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #865 on: November 18, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »
This is all I have to say.
I don't get it.
To take a break from studying for a test I'm woefully unprepared for (and not getting the material doesn't help either) I went to play some IN, maybe time out a couple 'easy' (and by easy of course I mean lunatic spells on the easy side) spells.  Nothing to show for it.  I couldn't even get Firefly Phenomenon.  Or Ill Starred Dive. Or Invisible Full Moon.  and when I got desperate and when to go try Wriggle Last Spell the non-fun way (just a capture): I fail that too!

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #866 on: November 18, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #867 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
Hint: 2909.83 fps
I saw that, but assumed it was a replay glitch or something.

Why is GFW at any FPS higher than 60 so impossible?  I have no trouble with anything on normal at 60, but 90... (- insert death sound loop here -)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #868 on: November 18, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Marisa is too fat.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #869 on: November 18, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
Hint: 2909.83 fps
Maybe. I was confused by the 60 in the screen.

I swear UFO has got to be the most rage inducing game I've played in a while.  UFO's running so I can't get them is just argh.