Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 137848 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2011, 12:41:17 AM »
Someone posted the way to unlock that, some time ago. Where was it, now?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
I am getting way too good at failing with less than 5 seconds left on something.
In the past week alone, I lost the following with less than 5 seconds to go:
3 PoFV extra attempts
2 IN 90 FPS extra attempts (around 1 more second on one of them...)
1 no focus MoF extra attempt
1 first round normal Komachi (as far as I could tell, Lily had shown up there and I had just sent a Level 4 off spell points)

and on top of that, I have failed UFO hard with 5 lives going into Byakuren due to  derping the second nonspell (game over with ...you guessed it, LESS THAN 5 SECONDS TO GO)
Thankfully I've never experienced the RAAAAGE that is a double KO...outside of TD spell practice.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #752 on: October 08, 2011, 05:00:28 AM »
GRRRRR. ESTOY ANGRY.

Nothing quite like a perfect Extra stage run with 210,000,000+ points crashing down in Koishi's first two lives >:(

Also the last two frames of that smiley is ass

>:(

The smirk ruins the last two seconds of visual angry

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #753 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
I can't for the life of me clear UFO normal with MarisaB! And this is after coming out of a MoF and SA 1cc.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
I can't for the life of me clear UFO normal with MarisaB! And this is after coming out of a MoF and SA 1cc.
Been there, done that, best of luck getting it.
MarisaB gave me an inordinate amount of trouble in UFO.
RAAAAGE at adding a third 90 FPS IN extra fail at Hourai Doll, and also a double death to Mokou's first card...and also me being unable to do Keine all of a sudden...
and now a fourth Hourai Doll failure: this one has me faceplanting a yellow...with about 5 seconds left!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #755 on: October 09, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
and now a fourth Hourai Doll failure: this one has me faceplanting a yellow...with about 5 seconds left!
Use more Remilia.  :3
Bomb every noncard and grind spells in practice.

« Reply #756 on: October 09, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
Okay, I seriously think SA Extra on Ultra is impossible. Apparently the ultra patches have a sense of irony by turning the easiest Ex boss into the hardest. :)
I managed to get to Embers of Love where she turns the entire screen into a death zone. Not to speak of her non-spells... at least there are some attacks that have been made cooler and more challenging but apparently they are mostly just impossible. What a shame.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #757 on: October 09, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
Ultra Subterranean Rose is fucking impossible. If you can actually get up to Embers of Love without cheating, you are a god.
Also I think it's possible to do her nonspells. You just have to follow a path created by the faster bullets while avoiding the slower ones. Keep in mind that this involves circling around Koishi.

« Reply #758 on: October 09, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Yeah, I guess perhabs the non-spells are possible. Just not with the conventional approach... even then it might be possible for those that doesn't use the jellybeans but just very unplausible.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #759 on: October 09, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
I can give you a replay of me trying (and failing) the method I said earlier. Though I suck so you need infinite lives to see it :V

mikeKOSA

« Reply #760 on: October 09, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »
Did a blind run and got to embers of love. Most of the spellcards up to that point seem doable though the nonspells....

I think I'll take a few more stabs to it.

« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
Ugh, WHY is "Protection of Zenki and Goki" so impossible without a homing type? I'll never get to Yukari with more than 2 lives if I continue to die twice to that card.
IMO Ran is harder than Chen when you're not using Sakuya A or Reimu A. Half the time I don't even see what kills me on her first card. Chen's is easier because you can stream down and she actually takes damage from your bombs. 

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #762 on: October 09, 2011, 04:05:47 PM »
Ugh, WHY is "Protection of Zenki and Goki" so impossible without a homing type? I'll never get to Yukari with more than 2 lives if I continue to die twice to that card.
IMO Ran is harder than Chen when you're not using Sakuya A or Reimu A. Half the time I don't even see what kills me on her first card. Chen's is easier because you can stream down and she actually takes damage from your bombs.
It shouldn't be hard at all. Just stream left and right until the card ends. Do you have a replay to show how you're doing it with a non-homing shot?

EDIT: Died twice on Resurrection Butterfly. Ugh, I hate being rusty.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:40:56 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #763 on: October 09, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
I'm streaming it from left to right but I always end up screwing up somehow. I think it's just showing how much I suck at this game because I can't dodge the random stuff and stream at the same time.
I would post a replay but for some reason I can't find the replay folder in my PCB folder.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #764 on: October 09, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
I'm streaming it from left to right but I always end up screwing up somehow. I think it's just showing how much I suck at this game because I can't dodge the random stuff and stream at the same time.
I would post a replay but for some reason I can't find the replay folder in my PCB folder.

Well, it isn't exactly 'streaming,' more like 'slow herding movement...'
You have to be far enough to dodge the bubbles, yes, but also be far enough to not be nicked by the bullets that decide to change direction too late.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #765 on: October 09, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
Use more Remilia.  :3
Bomb every noncard and grind spells in practice.
But I don't like using Remilia...
Also at 60 FPS, I finished with 1 life left with Scarlet and Magic teams, and I've finished with 3 lives left with each Ghost and Border teams (Ghost team had a bomb left too)
Also, with Border team I can dodge the first couple nonspells, allowing me to save my bombs for where I'm more likely to need them0like Fujiyama Volcano.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2011, 10:40:09 PM »
How to Play like Taizen Chisou:

1 > Have the best stage portion.
2 > Have the worst Koishi fight.

[replay]

someone please tell me what is going on

on the bright side, 208m when koishi begins
good or not, discuss
didn't think so

« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »
I used to have skills at Apollo 13...

... they are gone now.

---- As most of my posts in this thread in recent time, its not as much rage but a recording of my own personal failures. And failing at Apollo 13 three times in a row at the first wave of bullets and only managing 7 captures out of 30 attempts is not good enough for me. Its a good card though. I can only blame my own lack of shmupping skills and lack of attention.

Furthermore, my Eirin performance is really really bad. Not as bad as Kaguya but I'm messing up in places I shouldn't. I'd call that pretty natural though seeing as I've never really played Eirin that much. Except in spell practice. I didn't expect her to spawn bullets on my hitbox... and Omoikane's Brain is really fucking lame. However, 1 lame and 3 good ones and 1 throw-away one is still better than 3 lame ones and 1 good (BDB and 1 that rolls dice (Buddha)

I will be playing some more to develop my performance!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
I'm reminded why I don't play IN anymore. All the stuff left that I haven't perfected is no fun to go through.

EDIT: What? My SA score data was deleted? What is this magic?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:44:23 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #769 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:58 PM »
What? My SA score data was deleted? What is this magic?
Same thing happened to my MoF score data just now, wtf happened?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #770 on: October 11, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
Miko's knife-spam non-spell in TD Ultra.

Why.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #771 on: October 11, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »
Same thing happened to my MoF score data just now, wtf happened?
That happened to mine a couple weeks back.
Motivated me to go through extra with all shot types and play hard some more.
Ended up 1LCing normal as a result of it.

WHY is lunatic Stage 4 in MoF so annoying, I can do it 1 death but usually end up 4 deathing.  Something about that stage will usually make me derp the first fifteen seconds in actual runs on any difficulty, but in stage practice I get it every time.

« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
I'm really, really wishing EoSD had a spell practice mode. Listen game, I can already do stage 3, it's Meiling's spell cards that are doing me in. Heck, if I can do Masakado Crisis without taking down familiars, I should not be having this much trouble with Gorgeous Sweet Flower, it's the same damn thing minus the big round bullets. Also, Extreme Color Typhoon can go die. The only card I have any sort of consistency on is Wind Chime of Colorful Rainbow of all things.

That being said, once I get that far (a few continues later), I'm actually enjoying fighting Sakuya in stage 5, even if her midboss section is just brutal. I hate Misdirection with a passion...

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I'm really, really wishing EoSD had a spell practice mode. Listen game, I can already do stage 3, it's Meiling's spell cards that are doing me in. Heck, if I can do Masakado Crisis without taking down familiars, I should not be having this much trouble with Gorgeous Sweet Flower, it's the same damn thing minus the big round bullets. Also, Extreme Color Typhoon can go die. The only card I have any sort of consistency on is Wind Chime of Colorful Rainbow of all things.

That being said, once I get that far (a few continues later), I'm actually enjoying fighting Sakuya in stage 5, even if her midboss section is just brutal. I hate Misdirection with a passion...
Is this normal? If so, dodge Gorgeous Sweet Flower at the bottom of the screen and bomb without a single regret if you need (sometimes I do this with Marisa if I'm unsure she'll fit between the bullets). Extreme Color Typhoon requires you to keep your character on the bottom but look to about the middle of screen (I can only dodge accelerating bullets like this).

Misdirection is a trap. Remain stopped at the initial burst and then start tapping away from the direction Sakuya moves (she'll teleport to the other end). This card was an autobomb for me until I read advice here and watched replays. Today that card is an autocapture :P

« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
You didn't mention Flower Dream Vine.

You're going to LOVE Flower Dream Vine.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #775 on: October 11, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
Is this normal? If so, dodge Gorgeous Sweet Flower at the bottom of the screen and bomb without a single regret if you need (sometimes I do this with Marisa if I'm unsure she'll fit between the bullets). Extreme Color Typhoon requires you to keep your character on the bottom but look to about the middle of screen (I can only dodge accelerating bullets like this).

Misdirection is a trap. Remain stopped at the initial burst and then start tapping away from the direction Sakuya moves (she'll teleport to the other end). This card was an autobomb for me until I read advice here and watched replays. Today that card is an autocapture :P

Yeah, it's normal. I'm too rubbish to play on anything harder :P I dislike bombing Gorgeous Sweet Flower because on the face of it, it isn't a difficult card. Without trying to make excuses, I can't help feeling that the lack of a visible hitbox isn't helping me either. That said, the most recent run I did I managed not to die on it. I just died on the preceding non-spell instead...

I'll have to try your advice on Extreme Color Typhoon though. I keep trying it about 1/4 to 1/3 off the bottom, and invariably get boxed or just plain confused. I'm assuming the same tactic will work for Colorful Rain as well.

I'd figured out enough to move away from Sakuya for Misdirection, I think I'm just doing it too early and getting trapped between her little red knives and the bigger blue knives (oh look, just like the non-spell before it). Overall though I do need to get back in the habit of bombing stuff. I either panic bomb when I probably shouldn't, or go into a spell card determined to beta it and end up dying with bombs in stock, not helped by the fact that I suck at deathbombing.

I guess it all comes down to 'practice more', which is fair enough, except I'm already sick of the sight of stage 3...

You didn't mention Flower Dream Vine.

You're going to LOVE Flower Dream Vine.

I really don't like the sound of that... :S Though you have now intrigued me enough to go digging on Youtube for a replay of it...

EDIT: Just checked it know (when the internet decided to behave), and unless I've got the wrong spell card, it just looks like a faster version of Diamond Blizzard with bigger bullets. That said, a lot of things look far easier on videos than they do when trying to capture them...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:12:33 PM by Black Phoenix »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #776 on: October 11, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »
when I was 1cc'ing normal, I pretty much auto bombed Extreme Color Typhoon.
Also, for misdirection, you can just sit near the right side of the screen and just tap left or right for each wave (multiple times if necessary).

EDIT: Just checked it know (when the internet decided to behave), and unless I've got the wrong spell card, it just looks like a faster version of Diamond Blizzard with bigger bullets. That said, a lot of things look far easier on videos than they do when trying to capture them...
It is nothing like Diamond Blizzard, where bullets basically move down, cuz the bullets are moving in all kinds of directions,
and it's sometimes hard to tell which way they are going and then get boxed in.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #777 on: October 12, 2011, 02:24:21 AM »
I'm really getting closer to perfecting Miko. I understand (more or less) her third spell card, I've learned why I keep dying on her sixth and how to avoid it, even her final I've learned how to cheap out, so maybe this time I'll finally-

Oh wait Guse Flash has no trick.

EDIT: Two hours of blind screaming later, I think I'm done with Miko...for now. I'm closer...closer than ever before. I just have to pull myself together. -_-
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:00:40 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #778 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »
I freaking hate Toyosatomimi no Miko. You wanna know what spell I die on constantly with her? Those stupid effing falling stars. (The last spellcard is Falling Stars of something or other)
THAT SPELL ENDED MY TD RUNS FIVE TIMES IN A ROW. I WASTED AN HOUR OF MY LIFE SCREWING UP.

My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #779 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
What the hell were the people who made the ultra patches thinking with MoF stage 4.  It's impossible.
You know what else is impossible? Half of Kanako and half of Sanae.  Both of their last spells are impossible (Sanae's only on hard+).