Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 138762 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #720 on: September 30, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »
Resurrection "Game of Life": Why do you hate me?

That is the second straight no focus perfect of IN Easy shot to hell by that card. And this one was with SAKUYA.

« Reply #721 on: October 01, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »
Restarted SA Extra countless times due to the part before the midboss where they fire circle spreads. Finally get to Koishi (lost one life to Miracle Fruit). LOSE EVERYTHING ON ANCESTORS. Today is not a good day for SA.

IN Extra, fail to capture Mokou's first three cards AND Honest Man's death. -_-

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #722 on: October 01, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »
Random attempt at IN extra at 90 FPS, completely win at both the stage portion AND Keine, with my best battle with her in a LONG time, and I proceed to die once each to Mokou's first 3 cards.  Then I capture Honest Man's Death.  What.  The run ended up failing at Hourai Doll, so I know I can do it...but, ouch.

and now I decide to start trying to capture VoWG (hard) andf the 2 spells prior...I've 1DNBed them all at least once, VoWG on ALL 4 TRIES so far, and Kuzui Clear Water, the first wave walled me, I died, then timed out the rest.  and Source of Rains would have been a capture if the arrow didn't clip me.

« Reply #723 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
fuck you youmu in 10D your charge attack is useful but don't make me rely on hearing and looking at your "flames" just give me a charge-up bar!!!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #724 on: October 02, 2011, 04:20:21 AM »
Touhoumon Nuzlocke run.
Double Battle out of nowhere.
Opponents were a Daichan and an ECirno, and I have my Jehuty (FAya) and a newly caught Shizuha in front. Fearing for Shizuha's imminent death, I switch her out for my Gundam (Kanako).
Jehuty Brick Breaks ECirno's head like a boss, Shizuha swaps for Gundam, then Daichan uses Metronome.
Then Metronome turns into Explosion.
Jehuty, being Jehuty, tanks it like a pro.
Gundam suffers a critical hit.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Later, my starter fails to OH a Satori.
"Satori used Counter!"
 >:(

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:13 AM »
failing hard 1CCs to suizome perfect blossom
yea sure why not

« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
Holy hell I suck at Touhou today. First of all, I've been completely unable to no-miss no-bomb Stage 4 in UFO. Not even just the stage portion. The boss... has consistently been killing me at least once on three of her attacks. Sinkable Vortex - predict Murasa's movement right, as in - guess where she'll go - or face bullets from all directions.

And to make the irritations of failing at playing the framerate is crap on the third card. Urgh. Murasa being the easiest is a lie. Marisa and the Prismrivers are complete jokes in comparison man.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #727 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:48 AM »
FFFFFF U Mamizou
stop killing me with your 8th nonspell while it lags as I bombed the 7th spell as it cleared.
also WHY WON'T YOU DIE in 8th spell. Seriously. Does going in with 2 power vs. 4 power really matter that much?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #728 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »
LOSING TO KOISHI

ON HER OPENER

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #729 on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:23 AM »
"Hey, this is turning in a decent MS run .....

..... let's lose all five lives to Yumeko!" :derp:

« Reply #730 on: October 04, 2011, 06:54:01 AM »
I have been trying to perfect IN Easy with Sakuya no focus. For a slight reminder, this is what Reimu's nonspell opener looks like. Ever tried doing that with Sakuya? Where those yin-yangs don't just go through you and where you usually don't have enough power to destroy them? And let's not forget how Sakuya makes everything take twice as long to kill.

And then I get clipped twice at Fantasy Seal -Spread- after actually getting through that piece of shit nonspell.

AAAAAAAARGH FUCK YOU REIMU GO DIE IN A FIRE

« Reply #731 on: October 04, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
Sounds like when I was trying to 1cc Lunatic with all shottypes. Unfortunately, Sakuya and Alice were completely useless.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #732 on: October 04, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »
DAMNIT YUKARI I MAY BE PLAYING AT 90 FPS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN GO KILLING ME WITH BOMBS IN STOCK WHEN I PUSH "X" FOUR TIMES IN THE SAME RUN

« Reply #733 on: October 04, 2011, 09:44:16 PM »
Murasa being the easiest is a lie.

You must have been on crack to even think this was true. Prismrivers and Satori are way easier. Marisa probably is too if you can be arsed practising enough to get good.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #734 on: October 04, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
Yeah and Murasa is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Prismrivers, Marisa, Satori, Youmu, Orin. They are all just... so easy. Shou and Byakuren though... scary motherfuckers. And the art of getting even decent at these bosses is of course all the more fun due to some nauseatingly bad stages before them. After two years I haven't been able to achieve anything that even resembles a decent capture rate on basically any card in the game. I am 20/300 on Greatest Treasure, 30/150 on VoPB and I have no idea why I keep running into bullets.

There is almost no bullets there and a lot of her other cards are also very short on bullets. She is still harder than any other Stage 5 boss though. And I think that's because these attacks are actually hard unlike the bosses in most of the other games that just pretends to be hard by spamming a lot of bullets.

Now, I know there are examples of legitimately challenging parts in any of the Touhou games but none of them gets even close to UFO. Which is also sorta the reason I'm still playing MoF and SA. I need something to make me feel like I don't suck too much...

In case you are wondering about the point of that whole speech up there, Yes I've just gotten my ass kicked very hard in UFO and I'm irritated as all hell about my own fucking incompetence at anything that isn't simple micrododging...

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #735 on: October 05, 2011, 03:35:20 AM »
Nine Syllable Stabs 00 / 20
Miracle Fruit 05 / 11
Bumper Crop Rice Shower 03 / 10

wat

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #736 on: October 05, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with this spellcard in Marine Benefit.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #737 on: October 05, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
I don't see anything too.

Also, I tried to play in Lunatic a bit. :fail:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:22:38 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #738 on: October 05, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
I don't see this spellcard in Marine Benefit.

Fixed.

Also, I just missed a perfect Mamizou fight to her 7th nonspell (and Wild Deserted Island as a result lol trance). Got everything else.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #739 on: October 05, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
First post and already raging? It's more likely than one would think.

StB 9-6, Kinkaku-ji, with the ultra patch.
Seems that I already took more shots at this one card than the whole normal StB, though oddly enough it doesn't even feel like I've been playing (and failing) for so long at it. Fun spellcard is still fun I guess.

... even got to the last picture, even had enough time to recharge; just too far away. *sigh* So close and yet far away.  When will I finally feel this pleasure of actually not sucking at Touhou again? Oh Kaguya, you torment me so.

Zengeku, you've been meddling with StB Ultra yourself, right? Ever dealt with this one?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #740 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:27 PM »
> Captures Nine Syllable Stabs for the first time
> Dies to Miracle Fruit

> Dies to Ancestors
> Captures Paranoia
> Captures Release of the Id
> Almost Captures Embers of Love

wat

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »

From the picture, looks kind of like the Sanae B bomb card in DS Extra lol.
While we are on it, I can't seem to get Marine Benefits to work - it always crash on startup for some reason.

Also, derp derp derp 1cc 10D hard, with lolzy deaths everywhere, including dying to Miko's piss easy 2nd spell and the lol 3rd spell.
At least now I can go unlock the overdrive cards.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2011, 05:43:00 AM »

The spellcard before it is really annoying too.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »
Grr, almost had a perfect Miko fight! I got all the parts I usually fail at right, but on Miko's third spell card I accidentally moved a bit too quickly and clipped one of the harpoon bullets (dunno what they are but I like that name). Still, that's my first 1DNB Miko fight, and I'm certain I'm capable of this. JUST YOU WAIT TOYOSATOMIMI NO MIKO! o/\o
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
Don't feel too bad. That card is trash anyway.  :V

« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
Stupid rank system.

Playing LLS with Marisa on normal. Fighting Reimu. Dodge the Fantasy Heaven style following bullets the first (and usually only) time they fly to me. Didn't know my rank increased. Die when the bullets suddenly change course and hit me.

Also, why do I find IN harder than PCB and MoF? Keine causes me to bomb most of the time, Reimu/Marisa cause me to bomb almost every card, and, despite common opinion, I find Reisen to be almost more difficult than Sakuya.
Also Parsee. Fffffffffffffff.

« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »
Lasers shouldn't curve dammit! I lose a life at least once every time anyone uses them!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
Also, derp derp derp 1cc 10D hard, with lolzy deaths everywhere, including dying to Miko's piss easy 2nd spell and the lol 3rd spell.
haha, sounds like my 1cc of that hard.
I died to the second spell,  and also to the third spell before 2 bombing the rest of the battle to the final spell, where I got the 15 point life AND another bomb exactly.
Of course, I'm here to rage about the most luck based of Touhou games, PoFV.  I gave the extra a few ton more tries last night, and ended up reaching Shikieiki twice.  Of course, I HAD TO DIE THREE TIMES TO REIMU THE FIRST TIME (the second 2 were within the first 5 seconds -_-;), AND 2 THE SECOND TIME!
It's only a matter of time, patience and tolerance for rage.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #748 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
Jesus God this is the best run ever
Five lives, eight bombs, and I just beat Ichirin's midboss appearance.

>100 Point blue UFO escapes
>Dies three times

:I

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #749 on: October 06, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Phantasmagoria Trues

Y U NO LET ME INTO STAGE 6?!