Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 7F  (Read 219154 times)

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 7F
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:13 AM »
Reimu 382. 
Going to grind to around Reimu 400 for Hibachi ver2, then full-on farm 27F for SKP for Kaguya and Okuu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:21 AM »
Well, IMO, it'd probably be better to grind 27F first, since Kaguya or Flan or whoever can definitely oneshot the randoms on that floor... or, heck, at that level, lots of people might be able to. While, the 30F grinding will only be easier LATER, and not right now.

I switched to 30F grinding at about 410, although waiting longer might have been a good idea. It didn't go badly, at the least, although I was dying sometimes.

My Chen is steadily approaching the point where it only takes one tick to fully recover the delay from Idaten. Heehee! I'm excited. /nerd
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:28:43 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
Well, IMO, it'd probably be better to grind 27F first, since Kaguya or Flan or whoever can definitely oneshot the randoms on that floor... or, heck, at that level, lots of people might be able to. While, the 30F grinding will only be easier LATER, and not right now.

I think he's doing 27f afterwards because he already did it for like 5 years straight, is getting bored to tears of it, and wants something else to do before going back to the sweatshop floor.

I know that's what I do >=P

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 06:02:42 AM »
You know, it's pretty hilarious to use Minoriko as a Slot 1 tank against Overflowing Hellfire to take 0 damage.
Floor 4 Ifrit, btw.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
Herp, already beat Hibachi (who gotloltanked by Reimu, Meiling and Rinnosuke, and chip-damaged to death with Alice).
Beast of Centaurea is still too strong - if only cuz my damage output is too slow.  Reimu not being able to take repeated BOMBER!!!! doesn't help either. 

Going to try again around Meiling 400. 

Hmm.  With my offensive builds, I don't have very many bulky nukers.  Yuugi can take physical hits, and I think Shiki can take a magic one, but that's probably not enough.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »
Rarblerarble
My team doesn't have the synergy I'd like early on, but it's mainly because I don't have the utility that I would normally have (Patchouli + Silent Selene for MND penetration, Cirno for paralysis, Chen in general)
SP is a big issue right now, especially for Mokou and Kaguya and... Well, I'm thinking of  ditching the set team for now.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
  • If it doesn't make sense, it's a fact.
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »
Ugh, Youmu. Well, I stood no chance at lvl 10, yet at lvl 14 I seemed almost overleveled. Youmu, make up your mind... Then again, this is probably because I was able to take out Myon faster, and 3-4 levels actually matter early on. With Yukari's shield, Meiling only took lol damage from even Karma Wind at the first slot.

Also, I wonder how long it will take me to make it to Alice's male double boss battle? There's no way that... thing is female.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
Rhododendron Dress Get!
Strapping it on Patchy, and if I don't like the results, Iku can use it :D

EDIT:
Extinction Cannon Get!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:41:33 PM by NEETori »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
Also, I wonder how long it will take me to make it to Alice's male double boss battle? There's no way that... thing is female.

anyway

I keep changing my mind about who I want in my Winnergrinder party every 5 minutes :V Suddenly I'm wondering if throwing in Maribel and/or Reisen for debuffing while they dish out hurt is a good idea! I mean, even 10% debuff to ATK/MAG is significant now... he has 14% chance to get hit per debuff. Hmmmmmmmm.

Then again Renko would fully debuff a stat with one proc, but she wouldn't hurt at the same time. Hmmmm.

Doesn't help that I really like Maribel. I'll go recalculate how good her MND is with significant extra twinking*cough*

Besides, I don't need Chen/Aya/Nitori AND Marisa for switch-in-switch-out attackers. Even if I have maximum efficiency if I've got all four plus my three tanky attackers (Alice/Yuyuko/Ran). It's just that, while it's maximum efficiency damagewise, how much do I REALLY lose by just removing one? I could afford dropping Marisa, really, as she's just a Nitori with slightly higher damage that can't go quite every turn and gets stopped if a Resist spell is used.

Also can't help thinking about how landing that 4% PAR chance with Renko basically means you instantly won the battle. Which only becomes more true the farther into winnergrinding you get, since each tick is slowly worth more.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
Yes, but neither Maribel/Reisen get Galaxy Stop  :V
Of course, a 4% chance to stop him isn't worth not doing much damage.  If you DO stop him... :V

EDIT:
Back to 27F, which is way more efficient, since I can at the worst two-shot everything with Nitori/Mystia and a second decent attacker (Marisa, Reimu, Yuugi, etc).  Kaguya's almost at the point where everything gets oneshotted by Hourai Barrage.  All I need is a zerg rush of liliths and I'm good though
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:58:45 PM by NEETori »

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »
Female Alice reinterpretation

I stand corrected. That drawing actually seemed quite Alice-like. But in game... BARBARIAN ALICE.

Just wiped out 2 dolls, and I'm reminded of how irritating these floors were. And that alone's making me dread 10-12f.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
I stand corrected. That drawing actually seemed quite Alice-like. But in game... BARBARIAN ALICE.

Just wiped out 2 dolls, and I'm reminded of how irritating these floors were. And that alone's making me dread 10-12f.

10-12F wasn't as bad as 7F IMO.  Sure, it's easier to get lost, but the experience/skp/boss difficulty ratio is way better

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:03 PM »
FINALLY

IT TOOK

ALMOST 2 HOURS

TO GET IT OUT OF THE BACKROUND

AND THEN CLEAN UP THE EDGES FOREVER AND EVER

AND THEN SHRINK IT TO A FOURTH OF IT'S SIZE BECAUSE IT WAS GODDAMN GIGANTIC

AND IT STILL DOESN'T QUITE MATCH

BUT IT BLOWS ALL THE OTHER RENKO PICTURES OUT OF THE WATER

it's beautiful *cries tears of joy*

edit:oops I forgot to attach the set to my post gimme a minute
K DONE HERE YOU GO
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:09:19 PM by NeoSerela »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
if only I could get a decent one of maribel ): then it would be compleeeete

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 12:17:33 AM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:20:07 AM by tempest590 »

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 12:24:23 AM »
Man. It's been ages since I last played this.

So I figured I would pick this up again. I'm planning on making a team composed only of my favorite characters, with no concern for what their actual stats are. I took the Touhou character sort again to determine who would be on the team, and ended up with Utsuho, Sakuya, Flandre, Rin, Yukari, Reisen, Remilia, Alice, Suika, Sanae, Mokou, and Komachi. Not the best team, particularly for very early game, as far as I can tell, but I can make do.

But first I have to go find new pictures for each of them. TO DANBOORU!
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
FINALLY

IT TOOK

ALMOST 2 HOURS

TO GET IT OUT OF THE BACKROUND

AND THEN CLEAN UP THE EDGES FOREVER AND EVER

AND THEN SHRINK IT TO A FOURTH OF IT'S SIZE BECAUSE IT WAS GODDAMN GIGANTIC

AND IT STILL DOESN'T QUITE MATCH

BUT IT BLOWS ALL THE OTHER RENKO PICTURES OUT OF THE WATER

it's beautiful *cries tears of joy*

edit:oops I forgot to attach the set to my post gimme a minute
K DONE HERE YOU GO

A recolor of Iku's?  Looks great!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »
*Stares at it*

Oh my god... it really DOES look almost exactly the same.

The tie even seems to flutter the same manner that Iku's scarf thing does.

The ribbon being placed differently is like, the only significant thing. I mean the eyes are a little different but yeah.

edit:*blinks* No, no they aren't. The eyes look the EXACT SAME.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:03:38 AM by NeoSerela »

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
*Stares at it*

Oh my god... it really DOES look almost exactly the same.

The tie even seems to flutter the same manner that Iku's scarf thing does.

The ribbon being placed differently is like, the only significant thing. I mean the eyes are a little different but yeah.

edit:*blinks* No, no they aren't. The eyes look the EXACT SAME.

As does the hair! Perhaps you're better off just using the images I just linked to for you a few minutes ago? Like the one with Renko and Maribel? Or are they too poor quality? They were the only ones I could find on pixiv.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »
The one with both of them was... I tried it a while ago (I've seen it before) and yes, it looked pretty bad ingame.

The other Maribel one looked good and would be considerable, although it wouldn't match the other pictures in my set.

Besides, even if Renko does look almost exactly like Iku, it's different enough where it isn't really bothering and it still looks good!

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:14 AM »
But first I have to go find new pictures for each of them. TO DANBOORU!

This is the real game

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2011, 03:56:57 AM »
This is the real game

Quote for truth. 

I need moar Awakened Exoskeletons.  Such awesomeness... :D

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
OK, since I was bored of my team on my last playthrough, I decided to start over using the NG+ save file and for some reason, I'm encountering the "recruit character = reset level and skill levels" again. Is there some sort of way I can fix this without having to start the playthrough over? Copying Save_NaN does nothing (I even tried copying over the entire save folder from the Special Disk, then my Save1 folder over it again - still no dice).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
k so I forgot Shikieiki has a really cool debuff spell, instantly adding MAG-based Shikieiki to my party to spam Wandering Sin (-20% debuff to all stats plus if I'm lucky, PAR which RUINS winner!)

ALSO, something that's... only relevant if you're one of those weirdos who wants to beat up winner a whole bunch because you have nothing else you feel like playing!

Winner has exactly ONE magic attack without an element, and it's only in his third phase. So, people without good MND can just cheese up magical resistance against him by pumping affinities instead. Physical Reactors from Dual Hibachi v2 are godlike for this! Whabang, anyone you want can now become a back-slot tanky character to fight Winner with. Sorta. I'll probably do this with Reisen for more debuffing!

Also added Renko to my party. Maribel/Reisen are pending. Debuffdebuffdebuffdebuff. The chanciness involved will help keep it interesting, plus when I'm not unlucky, well, at this point in the game having even 20% offensive stat debuff on winner will KILL his damage.

ANOTHER THING TO SAY. This is about our dear Maeribaeri. You know how her nukes simply don't deal quite as much damage as other people can, and she can take a MAG hit but isn't exactly durable, and... well, her SPD is actually quite nice due to her self-buff. There's a good reason! Her purpose is that she deals... not really much less damage then other nukers, while providing significant debuffs to ATK/MAG/DEF/MND! The debuffs more then make up for the not-HUGELY-lower damage then a normal nuker would have, so she deals decent damage in addition to cool debuffing, and if you play cards right she can stay out buffing herself and spamming her low-delay debuff due to her above-average buffed speed.

...Maribel really is similar to Reisen though. Debuffer with decent damage and a self-buff, above-average-speed. Maribel has better SPD and damage and MUCH better MND in exchange for a high-delay selfbuff.

Also considering babying Okuu with a small amount of SKP in MAG and using her to help me farm physical reactors for everyone along with Kaggy. But I'll probably grind like 100 more levels or so before I do that, simply so it goes faster. Also will be getting Machine God Lucifers! Everyone needs at least one of those! :V

edit:I took Maribel from the Special Disk database and made a LFace that matches the other stuff better. Honestly... it doesn't look horribly out of place with the alphes pictures. I did fill in the white gapes of her face with a slightly more skin-color, which helped. attaching
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:12:45 PM by NeoSerela »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 11:45:46 PM »
Also considering babying Okuu with a small amount of SKP in MAG and using her to help me farm physical reactors for everyone along with Kaggy. But I'll probably grind like 100 more levels or so before I do that, simply so it goes faster. Also will be getting Machine God Lucifers! Everyone needs at least one of those! :V

edit:I took Maribel from the Special Disk database and made a LFace that matches the other stuff better. Honestly... it doesn't look horribly out of place with the alphes pictures. I did fill in the white gapes of her face with a slightly more skin-color, which helped. attaching

Okuu, Rumia and Kaggy are probably going to be my only attackers for the fight, and everyone else is going to be a supporting unit.

edit:
trimmed quote :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:14:14 AM by NEETori »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »
oh god did you have to quote the entire post

anyway Rumia isn't really that useful for damage in that fight considering her low damage output with DSotM. Her Moonlight Ray is a decent nuke and Demarcation is great heal support, but DSotM is really only useful for LAST DITCH PANIC on Kedamagrammaton and on certain random fights.

She could heal as a support unit, though! :V Yeah I pretty much only used Kaggy for damage in that fight.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »
oh god did you have to quote the entire post

anyway Rumia isn't really that useful for damage in that fight considering her low damage output with DSotM. Her Moonlight Ray is a decent nuke and Demarcation is great heal support, but DSotM is really only useful for LAST DITCH PANIC on Kedamagrammaton and on certain random fights.

She could heal as a support unit, though! :V Yeah I pretty much only used Kaggy for damage in that fight.

More than anything, I don't wanna deal with a berserk Hibachi, and chip damage is still damage :V

Also, while Wandering Sin does have great incentive to make MAG Shiki, I think gear and skill points should be plenty.  She has about 60k for me, which is a little below what my pure-MAG pure growths have.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 02:22:56 AM »
Does Wandering Sin do good damage even with full MAG build? Its formula looks really underwhelming, especially since it has a post-use gauge of 14%, and Eiki is neither particularly fast nor durable. Besides, the status part is useful enough even without damage, and sacrificing the game's strongest defense ignoring move for a REALLY costly multi-target attack with no special attributes and a status platform seems to be kind of a crappy trade-off for me.

Also, does anyone know how to solve the "recruit character = reset character level and skill levels" problem without starting over?

Udongein

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »
This game.
It's so awesome.

I'm in the middle of my second playthrough of the main game (no I didn't touch Plus Disk) at the moment, and I still love it.
The only annoying thing is rearranging my party every time I get someone new who I know is good. :x I think I have a decent one right now, though.

Spoiler:
Are spoilers even necessary?
ATK Remilia 48
ATK Sakuya 51
MND Reimu 55
MAG Alice 52
Equal DEF/MND Tenshi 50
MAG Reisen 50
MND Minoriko 55
ATK Nitori 51
MND Patchy 49
MND Iku 52
ATK Yuugi 50
MAG Ran 48

All of my skill levels are around 35. I'm just past Eientei, too, so at least the most annoying part is over.
At least until post-main game pre-plus disk. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 02:30:17 AM »
@RegalStar:The thing is, I already beat the game. The only thing I have to think about if I keep playing is the fights with ***Winner***, and using Shikieiki for Last Judgement means I won't be using Shiki. The debuff, however, I might consider, so I'm going to try it on for size. The damage isn't the point, although getting the damage I can out of it is nice.

Plus Shikieiki using Last Judgment does worse damage then a lot of my other choices anyway, and is less durable.