Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 7F  (Read 218701 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 7F
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »
Wriggle's poison is AMAZING damage... until you beat 16F boss. 18F is immune to poison and the final boss is immune to it once you reach her berserk phase (aka most of the fight), and then in Plus-Disk it's damage is pretty wimpy because it doesn't scale well.

And of course, if you aren't using Wriggle, then whatever next-strongest-PSN you have is probably at LEAST worth using. Until PSN becomes suck.

...it's practically like characters need separate Main Game and Plus Disk evaluations.

Also, I've realized MAG-based Ran using her composite attack is better (generally, of course not always) then using Orin or Alice. On bosses, at least. Someone needs to check this out, as I feel Ran has missed out on way too much exp for me to throw her into my party NOW. With NOW being Reimu lv533, so, uh, yeah.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 08:39:43 PM »
I used MAG-Ran with En No Ozuno spam when she wasn't busy buffing on my first playthrough.  Definitely does nice damage, and the delay and SP costs are low.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
Also, I've realized MAG-based Ran using her composite attack is better (generally, of course not always) then using Orin or Alice. On bosses, at least. Someone needs to check this out, as I feel Ran has missed out on way too much exp for me to throw her into my party NOW. With NOW being Reimu lv533, so, uh, yeah.

MagRan is a beast offensively, and with her passable defenses, she's definitely a great bosskiller. 
Oh and add on Princess Tenko and Fox-Tanuki Youkai laser for coverage and you're set.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
  • If it doesn't make sense, it's a fact.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
...Of course I wouldn't have any poison... Or do I?

Since I just beat Cirno and would have gotten Minoriko, I can likely introduce Sanae and another member to my team. Komachi would be a decent choice, but I don't want to win a boss fight via DTH. That'd be some let's play video.  :derp: I wonder how a half ghost is even vulnerable to that i nthe first place?

...I wonder what would happen if I decided to make china a mook physical attacker? Well, stupid question. I'd likely lose a really good tank and ruin it... or would I? It'd be interesting to see what would happen if I cheat engined Yuugi-esque stats on Meiling, but that would ruin the purity of my Let's Play. >.<

Dang it commitment why must you betray me so!?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
Yes, making an ATK-based Meiling would ruin her. She's bad for floor trash because she's single-target and she's bad for bosses because her ATK simply isn't that great even if you try to make it high. She's the best tank ever, though, and even once you start becoming so immune to everything that Healer is useless for status-curing, by then it's decent for actual healing, scaling similarly to Rumia's heal.

Also, Reimu lv572 and only need an Egg and the three 30F boss drops. I'll probably challenge Winner at lv600. Even though technically I should be able to beat him by then, but whatever.

goddamn like the last 30 hours of gameplay are pure grinding adsfasfdasfadfs (And yes this is with animations off, I feel bad for anyone who legitimately beat Winner before animation-off-patch thing came around)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:10:20 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:10 AM »
I wont disagree that ran can put out some nice damage. But..well, her buffs are just incomparable IMO. I mean I *LOVE* those buffs, best buffer in the game IMO.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 02:49:02 AM »
2slow for me

also winner is a WHORE

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
It's so fun calling everyone whores isn'it?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
I wont disagree that ran can put out some nice damage. But..well, her buffs are just incomparable IMO. I mean I *LOVE* those buffs, best buffer in the game IMO.

Personally, I like her and Iku equally.  Ran is if the boss is near impossible to get a safe switch and buff into (like Flan), but passes out stronger buffs easier.  Although Ran makes Reimu more effective (Iku generally won't find the time to stickleback Reimu)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Ran can buff defense too though, Iku cannot. I know most people are all lime attackattackattack, but I lime Moar defense than hakkurei barrier myself, also let's you use reimu's heal more too if needed. Really, I use both fairly equally. Though ran is pretty Meh as a buffer until floor 12-14.

tempest590

• What I say is fiction.
  • If it doesn't make sense, it's a fact.
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »
Huh. Well, lvl 10 and got off about 13k damage on Yomoo. Iku plays a lot better without her buff than I thought. In fact, she's dealing almost as much damage per fight as Patchy. I dedicate Sanae to switching in and buffing Iku or Rumia sparkly clean, and switching out. Meiling is meiling, and yukari buffs as well. At this level, her attacks are pointless. Granted she has speed down and paralysis, her buff kept me alive long enough to get that ghosty out of the way and focus on the main threat.

but, due to Youmu's cold resistance, Kanako didn't play much of a role. I swatted a few flies away with Kourin, and things went well. I can probably take her by the time I reach 15. It was fun trying though. I actually held my ground until she started spamming God Slash.

Now, I could just let her ghost hang out and try to fight them both at once, killing Youmu first. But I really don't want to give myself that much grief, poison damage would pile up like crazy.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
but, due to Youmu's cold resistance, Kanako didn't play much of a role. I swatted a few flies away with Kourin, and things went well. I can probably take her by the time I reach 15. It was fun trying though. I actually held my ground until she started spamming God Slash.

Kanako can use her physical spell to smack her for some fairly good damage.  Iku does throw debuffs around like nobody's business.

EDIT:
Nope, Bloody Papa does huge damage to me even at -50% MAG. 
Grinding still on 27F, and I re-equipped Chen.  Uh, she's awesome for crab slaughtering with Kimontonku and Phoenix Spread Wings.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:57:58 PM by NEETori »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »
The thing about Iku is that the gap between her MAG and more dedicated attackers like Patchouli, Kaguya, and Marisa will just keep getting wider as you go. In the early game there isn't much difference, but things will change as you progress. I actually spent all of my early level ups (up to around at least floor 16) on Iku's MAG for Team Unappreciated, and wasn't very impressed by that point. She was decent at first, but just fell behind the likes of even Mokou eventually. That's when I switched to a MND build instead. In my defense, almost no one knew just how good Thundercloud Stickleback was at that time (the wiki had the incorrect value of +50% for it), and I thought I was suppose to raise Iku as an attacker. The wiki also said that Iku's defenses weren't notable, which of course I believed until I bothered looking at her growths and realized that she's one of the best MND tanks in the game.

As for Ran, I actually personally prefer raising her as a damage dealer with lots of MAG boosts. She can still buff when necessary, but the sexy damage formula on her spammable composite spell is just too good for me to pass up.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 02:26:48 AM »
Alice V3 is evil.  That is all. 
At the moment, I can take on Orin and Rumia. 

Back to 27F for a while.  Aiming for lots of Magic Sword "Chaos" and Holy Blade "Sunlight" drops while farming.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
Alice V3 is evil.  That is all. 
At the moment, I can take on Orin and Rumia. 

Back to 27F for a while.  Aiming for lots of Magic Sword "Chaos" and Holy Blade "Sunlight" drops while farming.

If you can take anybody on on floor 30, you can take on suwako. The difficulty gap between her and everyone else is a joke, it's like she's v2 still.

You should also try cootiesuke. He moves fast, and can hit hard, but is very easy to get into his 2nd phase, and during his elemental phases, he only has 2 million health, so you can easily kill him outright without elemental shifting at that point. Reisen should also be fairly easy if you have good aoe attackers.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 03:09:20 AM »
Oh yeah, I can take down Reisen if I'm cautious. 

And then I ran into Chen.  I'm glad I managed to escape from her >_>

Cirno's surprisingly dangerous - her "attack" did 60k to an unbuffed Tenshi.

Also other interesting things that have happened on the 30th Floor -
lololol Meiling getting one-shotted by Yuugi.
Meiling getting two-shotted by Chen
Chen in general

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »
Beat Winner. It was cool and all.

Aya was MVP for being able to switch herself out and deal insane damage. She's up there with Nitori on godlike damage, and she's like Chen is in the maingame in that she can easily switch herself out before danger calls.

Alice and Yuyuko were cool for tanky damage. Flan was cool for good speed and low delay nuke to get in and out since she can't take any hit at all period after she uses Starbow Break a few times. Kaguya/Rumia never even saw the front lines, and Keine only came in to recieve a buff for later that never got needed.

Yukari used her PAR+SPDdown move whenever she didn't need to do anything else, and near the end of the fight, PAR actually HIT. I brought in Alice and Aya and Flan to be buffed by Aya and wail on Winner for awhile, and he only got two moves out after PAR wore off before he kicked the bucket. He didn't get to use a single phase-3 move, which was actually kind of disappointing, since Lightspeed Movement and TIme Stop can wreck you, and Medicine of Life is ridiculous. I wonder how disastrous his Wand of Destruction with DTH:1000 is? It's multitarget...

I'm insane and have nothing else to do*murderedbypescodible* so TIME FOR A NEWGAME+RUN

Hiya team! This is mostly using characters I feel like using although I keep wondering why is Yuugi there. Orin was very very close to being in this team, but I needed Minoriko, so I cried and cried and threw her out.Points to anyone who gets the reference.

Only playing to the end of the maingame final boss. Several of these characters are ones I either have never extensively used or just want to use more. Or in Yuuka's case, simply never really got to use period. This should be very challenging; note the LACK OF MEILING (Remi instead), and Minoriko/Yuuka is my only healing (lolyuuka) and Minoriko is basically my only def/mnd buff. I'm starting to realize I might have to build Ran for SP and throw SP recovery items on her to spam her defensive buff, but I want to spam En No Ozuno instead! D'aww.

too busy to start atm though so maybe in a few days
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:00:29 AM by NeoSerela »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 06:54:22 AM »
Still need to grind more before I can comfortably take 30F stuff. 
Lol Suwako, who's attacks bounced off of Nitori, for Byakuren's sake. 

Also - is Kaguya's Dragon's Necklace supposed to rape a target with 40k mind and 100% buffs?

EDIT:
I'm surprised people don't mention the fact that Nitori, while not a tank, can definitely survive a strong attack or two.  Buffed up, she survived a non-boosted Papa's Funeral Washing Machine from Bloody Papa v.2 and Needle Parades from Master Light Wings.  Obviously, only one hit, but when she's doing a million per shot then switching out, then it doesn't matter if she occasionally gets hit.

Bloody Papa and Master Light Wings down.  Going to farm a bit more for Hibachi-sama and a LOT LOT more for BoC.  Then, item farming for Serpent of Chaos, some Kaggy and Okuu beefing up for Hibachi twins, and a ton of farming before WINNER. 

During the Master Light Wings battle, I lost Komachi, who was my main tank.  So then I literally had Reimu slot 1 tank the thing.  Not like it mattered, when she was only taking 800 max from Needle Parade when fully buffed, and 4k or so when at around 60~%.  Between Kourin pecking at it, switching in Nitori every now and then for an easy 1 mil, and Yuugi as a defensive pivot (takes no damage when buffed from Needle Parade, and would have done nice damage, but I think MLW has high fire affinity), made it a non-factor. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:23:37 AM by NEETori »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
Damnit you guys stop being so far ahead of me :(
Do you guys have a way to level up quicker for someone who is on 16F?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
J.O.B.:Keep in mind that sometimes, random battles on the previous floor have pretty much the same EXP payout, while being much easier!

I made two pretty Suika picture sets and attached them to this post. Whee.

edit:while I had a minute of free time I fixed Cirno's LFace to the proportionate size and pixel'd the parts of Wriggle's mouth and eyes that had been erased and were completely transparent, which should help her look a good bit better, although she's still a tad off. I guess maybe I should upload these changes at some point if anyone cares.

Debating whether I should pick up the old Renko picture that had problems with white grains all over her outline and fix it up. The current Maribel picture is... somewhat passable, but the Renko one is pretty bad.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:08:07 PM by NeoSerela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 12:23:13 AM »
Papa's washing machine isn't the super nuke that other washing machine attacks are. It's pretty much just like Rinnosuke's heavenly demise nuke. People are all scared of it and think it's some kind of ultimate attack, but it's really not.
And needle parade isn't really supposed to be a massively powerful 1-shot non tanks nuke either. It's more like a "1shot anybody whose weakest stat is defense" nuke.

Anyway, Nitori isn't really tanky or squishy IMO, she's just kinda average in that department, for both physical and magical.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »
Eh, true.  She gets oneshotted without buffs, however, so I guess it's a moot point. 

Hibachi down, Eientei v3 is still too dangerous for me (or I'm not packing the right team). 

Time to start boosting Reimu's speed for healspams 8)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 02:23:51 AM »
For 30F grinding I had Yukari/Nitori/Kaggy/Nuker(flan)

Nitori nukes, Kaggy makes Nitori nuke again, Yukari makes all three of them nuke again. And the 4thspot nuker nukes at some point before Yukari uses Spiriting Away.

It's pretty awesome. Plus switching Yukari in/out for another quick Spiriting Away takes care of the harder battles. After awhile I could handle almost all the encounters easily. Everything except, like, Mokou and Utsuho, which took longer before I could do easily.

Also I reorganized my party for additional winner kills because there is seriously NO OTHER GAME I WANT TO PLAY AT ALL, so I have nothing to do but grind on 30F more for now. I don't feel like playing my NG+ run yet. I threw Ran/Chen/Rinnosuke into my party and dumped Keine/Flan/Alice. Ran gets 3 rhododendron dresses for composite rape, Chen gets 2 gurthangs and immortalschoolbadge(speeeed...andIranoutofgurthangs) for rape, and Suke gets stuff that helps him tank. And stuff.

I have decided that speedy damage dealers combined with tanky damage dealers, are best damage dealers (plus haxtori) and Ran is even both of those at the same time. There is nothing more I need then this, and enough supports to keep my party going. Meiling/Yukari/Reimu/Iku with Rumia for emergency backup is all I need. Yuyuko and 'suke and Ran are tanky damage dealers. Chen and Aya are rapefast damage dealers that get themselves out before they can get hit. Haxtori is hax and... I dunno what Kaguya being in my party is for other then random battles, honestly. She doesn't seem to be needed in my setup. At all. Other then for randoms, and Dual Hibachi.

edit:nevermind the lost exp makes alice better at being rinnosuke then he is
he'd probably be better/aboutthesame if I hadn't gained 500million exp that he got 10% less of then alice
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:33:45 AM by NeoSerela »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 03:02:28 AM »
Well I started the playthrough an hour ago using Team A(with Renko instead of Sakuya), and I'm not done with floor 1. Haven't fought Chen or Meiling yet. Sorta just working on leveling but I should be fine, especially since Komachi can just loldth them.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »
Since you're only going through 20F, this shouldn't be too bad.  Especially Yukari, considering Renko breaks Yukari in half :D

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
I got another Judas Pain and figured Marisa recovering 280 SP per turn qualifies Master Spark as usable at full power (significantly stronger then even Haxtori) being able to happen often enough to shove her in my party.

Also, upon realizing when I removed Flan that grinding became a lot slower, I gave Iku speedup equips so she moves first and put her in my front lines.

It's all about Nitori now. Iku buffs her, Nitori moves, Kaggy makes Nitori move again, Yukari makes Nitori move AGAIN, teehee

That's enough to finish most encounters on 30F for me right now, because Nitori's damage is just that awesome.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
I love how some characters scale so well into the Plus Disk.
Hell, I could probably have Reimu slot 1 tank, with the fact that she only has 20k less HP than Meiling, and 5k less defense and mind (and swap those stats). 

On the other hand, Patchy has slowly declined since the 25th floor sigil guardian.  With full buffs, she's oneshotted by Yuuka v.2's Overgrowth, which most of my other characters sponge one or two of with little difficulty. 

Speaking of v3, Yuuka, Kourin, Yuyuko and Orin disappointed me, since they were especially difficult bosses for me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »
Similarly, v3 Mokou is surprisingly devastating. Alice is mean but that's understandable.

...those are the only two bosses I bother running from now, actually. Them+Meiling just take too many turns to kill for grinding purposes. Mokou isn't far off from being grindable but Alice will be a long time yet.

...since this is apparently what I do in all my free time now though, I'll get there eventually.

Hold faith with Patchouli! I predict she'll be able to take 0s from Winner's magic attacks and weather his physical rows. 30F random fights are just configured oddly.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2011, 11:58:36 PM »
I wonder when it'll be safe for me to take on Chen.
Meiling is no longer two-shotted, but 3-shotted (lol).  If she manages to survive Chen's barrage, get buffed and healed, then she's 4-shotted. (by Flight of Idaten - Chen's other attacks are lol). 

Then Kimontonku kicks in and Meiling goes back to getting 3-shotted. 

Currently, I like grinding on Suwako (c'mon Eggs, drop already), Reisen, Kourin (lololol), Youmu and Rumia.  I can handle Alice, Yuugi (barely), Orin, Yuyuko (as long as I don't get sloppy), Tenshi.  I might be able to take Eientei version 3 if Renko can nail them all with Galaxy Stop paralysis and Debilitate, and Kaguya dies before she can Stone Bowl. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
Suwako drops Arthuros Gems, not Eggs. Kaguya drops Eggs. Which I haven't managed to get a SINGLE ONE of yet, although I've gotten the drop of everyone else except Meiling, I think... along with like 7 Exoskeletons, 2 Rhododendron Dresses, and 2 more ZUN Hats. I literally cannot make use of anymore ZUN Hats at this point, all my tankier people already use one or two.

Chen only has 6mill HP, and if you want to beat her, you should probably just damagerace it.

What level are you anyway? Based off of Reimu, of course.