Author Topic: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2  (Read 183387 times)

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2
« Reply #990 on: December 03, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »
If Yuyuko's second theme, Border of Life, counts, then that. Otherwise Septette for the Dead Princess.

« Reply #991 on: December 03, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
That Byakuren song.

Am I the only one who really likes True Administrator?

No. I think its one of the better parts of the game.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #992 on: December 03, 2011, 09:06:11 AM »
OOooooh boy. Named by bosses because, frankly, I'm lazy. Also, in order of best>worst,
Ranking by "is this a boss theme" and "does this fit the char" made this pretty neat. Of course, I had to tweak some things that were not to my liking...

Utsuho, Shinki, Remilia, Kaguya, Kanako, Byakuren, Yuyuko, Miko, Yuka, Eirin.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:09:40 AM by BT »

« Reply #993 on: December 03, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome ~ Border of Life, Septette for the Dead Princess, Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (I actually only appreciate that one since roughly a week)

Runner-ups (I like them quite much too, but not as much as the ones above): Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind, Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess, Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon, Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being

Yeah, stage 6 boss themes tend to be quite swell.

« Reply #994 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
My favorite Stage 6 Boss theme? I'm glad you asked. It's none other than my most favorite song out of Touhou: Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind. I love timing the song along with Byakuren's fight, especially at Devil's Recitation. I can just listen to this song forever. I think I'll go fight Byakuren after I finish this post now. :3

Many of the final boss themes of Touhou are among my favorite songs of the series. I love the guitar in True Administrator. I love intensity of Suwa Foughten Field. Nuclear Fusion is my song when "shit just got real". History of the Moon is awesome until it gets to the earsplitting part, as is Inanimate Dream. Infinite Being is awesome all around, especially in Shinki's fight.

As for the others, probably not so much. Septette for the Dead Princess is a fun tune to hum along with. Unfortunately, Lunatic Princess and Border of Life annoy the crap out of me.

EDIT- I know this isn't a proper Touhou Stage 6 theme, but as far as final boss themes go, Unknown X ranks way up there. It just makes you want to go beat the crap out of a Catfish.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:14:18 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #995 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
Am I the only one who really likes True Administrator?
As a favourite?  Quite possibly.  While I like the song too, I'd much rather hear it in-game where it contributes to the fight rather than standalone.

Somehow, one of my favourites has always been Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess, however.  I'm not quite sure why, even I agree that it really should be further down my list, but it might be my favourite despite that.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #996 on: December 03, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
Border of Life=Suwa Foughten Field>Septette for the Dead Princess=Lunatic Princess>True Administrator=Cosmic Mind=Nuclear Fusion

While I like the song too, I'd much rather hear it in-game where it contributes to the fight rather than standalone.
Same for me.

Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #997 on: December 03, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »
My favorite is Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind, closely followed by The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field.

« Reply #998 on: December 03, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >>Fate of Sixty Years
You and me, Shiki mirror, right now.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Zil

« Reply #999 on: December 03, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Wow I'm late! I'll compensate by typing more than I usually would. ;)
These are all awesome, even the PC-98 themes, except for True Administrator, which is just another thing that makes me want to ignore TD. For my favorite, I'm caught between Septette and Nuclear Fusion. I'd rank them both equally, but Nuclear Fusion sounds more like what you'd expect from a "final boss," so I guess that one "does its job" a bit better, though outside the game, I probobly listen to Septette a little more often. They're so close in both aspects, but I'll give this round to Nuclear Fusion, if only because it's one of the reasons I got into Touhou in the first place.
As for the next best (because those first two are really equal), I'll say it's another tie between Inanimate Dream and History of the Moon. Just two more great songs right there. (I can't believe the lack of respect for Inanimate Dream in this thread!)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:50:14 PM by Zil »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #1000 on: December 03, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »
Fate of Sixty Years is the best.

And just so none of you can argue with this, locking the thread. and also because it just hit 1000 posts and we need a new one