Author Topic: Press X, Win Battle - Let's list the lesser-known glitches in Touhou!  (Read 42133 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
In Fairy Wars, when viewing a replay, the menu options are off by one. "Replay Again" gives you the help menu, and in order to restart the replay, you need to select the invisible option one notch below that.

From the wiki on SA

"If you complete the game on Easy after unlocking the Extra stage, a bug will re-lock Extra mode until you complete the game on Normal or higher again."

"When using Marisa C (with Nitori) it is possible to reverse bomb at the exact moment that will allow you to not only live but keep up your kappa shield."

I was thinking of the second one last night but couldn't remember the details of it, so I cheated and looked >_>.  I saw the first one while I was looking at the second one and figured I'd post it because it sounds like a pretty annoying bug.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Not quite sure, but Yuyuko's death explosion in her last spell card in the TD demo can kill you (last spell card as in the one on easy modo) if you're too close.

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
"When using Marisa C (with Nitori) it is possible to reverse bomb at the exact moment that will allow you to not only live but keep up your kappa shield."
I wonder how hard this is to do since it happens to me at least twice every play. (Probably shows I deathbomb too much)
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

I wonder how hard this is to do since it happens to me at least twice every play. (Probably shows I deathbomb too much)
No such thing as too much deathbombing, only too much dying.  Unless you're playing something where bombing hurts your score like PCB or MS.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Re: Press X, Win Battle - Let's list the lesser-known glitches in Touhou!
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »
Here's a pretty crazy glitch that I just saw in a video I just found.  I'm pretty sure 609 views counts as "lesser-known", so yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Jnj2vM8Sw&feature=related

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
Here's a pretty crazy glitch that I just saw in a video I just found.  I'm pretty sure 609 views counts as "lesser-known", so yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Jnj2vM8Sw&feature=related
Wow, I haven't seen Meiling do that before. :o
But yeah, StB (and I believe DS but not sure) have issues with the bosses. They confuse them for some reason. Though I've never had it happen to me yet.
See this. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
Oh right, forgot to post this.  You die if you fly into Ex-Keine... During her dialogue.

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
Does that happen with any other midbosses with dialogue?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »
That happens with a fair number of bosses in IN actually. I know at least Reimu and Marisa act the same way.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
I'll take your word for it. It also happens with Eirin, but not with regular Keine.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2011, 12:25:21 AM »
Keine caves you even in human form by Wriggle Kick -Side Stab-.

It's happened more than once.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Yeah, but Wriggle Kick can happen with every midboss that appears like that, being able to die during dialogue is quite different.