Author Topic: Press X, Win Battle - Let's list the lesser-known glitches in Touhou!  (Read 42427 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Press X, Win Battle - Let's list the lesser-known glitches in Touhou!
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
Also a big :| at donut for a certain something.
* Baity glares harder

I told it to Sapz, and he agrees your decision to keep this information from the public is more :I Honestly, nobody seems to care about Fairy Wars anyway. More pressingly, I don't think you have any right to keep a glitch from the public, abuse potential aside.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:19:31 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
I told it to Sapz, and he agrees your decision to keep this information from the public is more :I Honestly, nobody seems to care about Fairy Wars anyway. More pressingly, I don't think you have any right to keep a glitch from the public, abuse potential aside.
It doesn't matter what the information is. What's bothering me is that you broke a promise to keep it under wraps until I revealed it. Just so you know, it's like blurting out a friend's deepest secret. I should mention that I deal with business in keeping secrets very, very seriously. Congratulations on this totally auspicious event.

And a right? Really, you're playing that card? It doesn't even matter if it's a glitch or not. Ignoring that, what does it matter whether or not I myself report a glitch? Either somebody else will find it and report it, or nobody will ever find it. What possible negative impact could there be from me not reporting a potentially abusive glitch? Give it a bit of thought; I don't see how this is an issue. Recall what I said about this before? If not, tough cookies. Not reporting it is was, in my opinion for the best of the community as a whole for reasons that were previously stated in private.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »
Yes, I'm sorry I broke a promise to you. That that is wrong on principle is all I will agree to you. Still, don't get so angry over it. I can bet you the average passerby in this thread has no idea which glitch we're even talking about. I mean, it's not as though this is Malice Cannon level or Marisa B level - this is a glitch you have to suicide for it to be useful. In your opinion, keeping it a secret was best, but in everyone else who's heard it's opinion, it should be reported to blend into the rich mosaic of glitches.

Sheesh, didn't expect drama to build up in this thread of all things.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
Gold medals are retarded anyways. fact

Formless God

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »
Clearing 10D (doesn't matter if it's not a 1cc) will let you control the character in your replays; in other words, a temporary Stage Practice. Make sure to prepare a 3-stage replay with decent resources at the beginning of each stage.

Here's one that happened to me a few years back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7O7fdkWs9Y

Edit: Here's a better quality reupload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znbZSoAlfT4

By a complete accident, the shots I had fired as I got hit traveled up, hit, and the Cherry+ increase from those shots brought my Cherry+ to 50K and activated a Supernatural Border during the death animation. It seemed to count as a broken border AND a death, except it didn't deduct the life, and the next time I was hit, it deducted the life but otherwise didn't seem to count.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:33:15 AM by Poochy.EXE »

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Here's one that happened to me a few years back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7O7fdkWs9Y

By a complete accident, the shots I had fired as I got hit traveled up, hit, and the Cherry+ increase from those shots brought my Cherry+ to 50K and activated a Supernatural Border during the death animation. It seemed to count as a broken border AND a death, except it didn't deduct the life, and the next time I was hit, it deducted the life but otherwise didn't seem to count.

I guess you could say... You DeathBordered.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Drake

That's actually what we call it. It's happened to a few other people and has a small spot on the wiki.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I don't think you're even allowed to bomb after it happens, at least until you die again.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I guess you could say... You DeathBordered.

Deathborder doesn't work like that. I have death bordered twice with Reimu before, and in both times the game went on as normal - you don't lose power as you deathborder, then somehow have your next death not count (except losing a life).

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Deathborder doesn't work like that. I have death bordered twice with Reimu before, and in both times the game went on as normal - you don't lose power as you deathborder, then somehow have your next death not count (except losing a life).

Okay, I didnt even know that was a legitimate way of "cheating death".(so to speak) My little joke was made under the context of that feature not existing, resulting in what you just described in your last post.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

I suspect the exact point in the death animation where the border interrupts it may make a difference; and the variant I had occurs if it interrupts late enough in the animation. With Reimu's longer deathbomb grace period, the animation won't get as far before it gets interrupted.

Edit: I tried playing it back frame-by-frame, and it seems which variant occurs depends on whether the border interrupts during the deathbomb grace period or after it's already expired. Incidentally, Sakuya's deathbomb window is exactly 1/10th of a second.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:52:08 PM by Poochy.EXE »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Watching replays in th075tool will fix this however.
Looking back at this post, no, it didn't work. They did exactly the same thing as under normal replay viewing, when using the th075tool. I don't think I'll ever be able to see the rest of those stages under replays again. :(
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Ten Desires replays are derpy to say the least :P

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Clearing 10D (doesn't matter if it's not a 1cc) will let you control the character in your replays; in other words, a temporary Stage Practice. Make sure to prepare a 3-stage replay with decent resources at the beginning of each stage.

What the hell.  :o
GFW needed this at least~

Looking back at this post, no, it didn't work. They did exactly the same thing as under normal replay viewing, when using the th075tool. I don't think I'll ever be able to see the rest of those stages under replays again. :(
I could have sworn it did... Oh well =/.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
I don't know why, I think I just died randomly before the Shinki fight while moving downscreen.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
I don't know why, I think I just died randomly before the Shinki fight while moving downscreen.
Was it this?

Shinki bug in MS. Spontaneously die if you're high on the screen before the fight.

nintendonut888

You know it's odd, I've only ever had that glitch happen when using Mima. Never in all the times I've used Yuka have I died randomly.

It was probably said at some point, but there's a glitch in MoF where if you download a replay that plays stages you yourself haven't cleared yet with that difficulty and shot type, those stages will be unlocked in stage practice.

Just found out that in DS replay can be saved to any of the 25 available save slots, but can only be viewed from first 20 save slots

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Was it this?

Sure was. I believe I was using Marisa at the time.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
It was probably said at some point, but there's a glitch in MoF where if you download a replay that plays stages you yourself haven't cleared yet with that difficulty and shot type, those stages will be unlocked in stage practice.
Yes, because your replay on the "peeking Kanako" that I found opened up stage 6 practice only. Interesting to have stage 6 and none others. :V
TF2 Backpack

I've noticed something strange happening in HRtP: once in a blue moon when fighting Elis, she never chances into her third attack phase (i.e. doesn't turn into a bat), but keeps using her second phase attacks for the last third of the life bar. Then, once you've beaten her, she finally begins the transformation...Only to die before it's complete. I've seen this happen twice, with no idea about what triggers it.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
You reminded me. Speaking of HRtP Ellis, she glitched up on me one time. (maybe twice?) When you deplete her health completely, she doesn't die, so the fight continues. Problem is I don't know if the next hit will kill her since I die after that cause I play lunatic.
TF2 Backpack

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
I think there's a glitch in the TD replay function.  I downloaded a replay, and the player will randomly die as opposed to playing through like normal, and will wipe at random points in the replay.

You reminded me. Speaking of HRtP Ellis, she glitched up on me one time. (maybe twice?) When you deplete her health completely, she doesn't die, so the fight continues. Problem is I don't know if the next hit will kill her since I die after that cause I play lunatic.

I played around a while trying to replicate the glitch and got this:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/Koakoa/Elisfightingdirty.png

Stupid vampires, you're supposed to die when you're dead.

I think it may be the same glitch (she never turned into a bat in this fight), but I perished immediately after taking the picture, so I can't verify it. However, the first time this happened to me she kept teleporting around for quite a while (long enough for me to panic) before finally starting to transform and dying. So I think she'll just eventually croak on her own once you deplete all her health.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
I played around a while trying to replicate the glitch and got this:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/Koakoa/Elisfightingdirty.png

Stupid vampires, you're supposed to die when you're dead.

I think it may be the same glitch (she never turned into a bat in this fight), but I perished immediately after taking the picture, so I can't verify it. However, the first time this happened to me she kept teleporting around for quite a while (long enough for me to panic) before finally starting to transform and dying. So I think she'll just eventually croak on her own once you deplete all her health.
Uh, no? That is exactly what happened to me (couldn't get a pic or vid because un-fullscreening the emulators glitches up the picture) but she was attacking me and changing attacks, not just teleporting. I usually die like 10 to 15 seconds later. :/
TF2 Backpack

Huh. Well, it's been a while since it first happened, so there's a chance I'm misremembering things. (She is still attacking in the picture after all.) Or there could be two separate glitches with Elis being hax, who knows?  :D

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
PoDD: If you come to a draw in Story Mode, you get the "Lose" sign, yet still advance to the next round.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Just noticed this. On IaMP, once you finish a match, when you click Quit, (possibly save replay and quit as well) keep clicking it before it fades out completely. You'll keep hearing the sound so it's as if you've clicked quit many times. Just keep pressing that A button. :colonveeplusalpha:

I wonder if you can do this on any of the other games? Hmmm...
TF2 Backpack