Author Topic: Touhoumon  (Read 7244 times)

Touhoumon
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »
my first question is should i play the English translation, or the Japanese that seems to have attacks and names in English. im not sure if the jp is an early eng translation or just for the benefit eng player... im sorry i rambling... the eng version is 1.53. and the jp i am not sure...

i know this is basically opinion but i would like all of yours.

oh and is it passable to transfer to transfer the save from one game to another?

ps i apologize for my lac of grammar, capitalization and my horrid spelling

Sana

• Good gravy!
Re: Touhoumon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »
The Japanese version is more frequently updated, and you can use fan patches like the Johto patch with it, unlike the English version. Without the patches though, they're basically the same, so just pick whichever version is more comfortable to you.

Also, saves are non-transferable.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:38:28 PM »
thanks. and would you happen to know were i can find Lunatic Mode mod/patch or the Dark/Last Word ver.8.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
1- Go to the japanese wiki for touhoumon (search for touhoumon in the english wiki to get a link).

2- Click on Community on the menu on the left.

3- Choose the third option.

4- On point 8, there's a link containing only two characters (reads "koko" if you can read hiragana). Click that.

5-Copy the name of the patch you want in the search engine.

Or search for user Anjirusensei on youtube, he put links to some patches in his videos (Lunatic and Emerald, at least). The Lunatic one also has Johto, the SA dungeon, Dark/LastWord/FullPower touhoumons and places where you can buy every single item in the game, including Master Balls and Rare Candies. It's hard to get through the game, but it's totally awesome.

He's also working on a Lunatic patch for the English version...since last week. Up to now, he managed to include the special touhoumons,
and he fixed the bug where Lunatic hurts you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:36:30 PM by Generalguy »
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

StriderTuna

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:04:04 AM »
The Japanese version is more frequently updated, and you can use fan patches like the Johto patch with it, unlike the English version. Without the patches though, they're basically the same, so just pick whichever version is more comfortable to you.

Also, saves are non-transferable.

I wouldn't be so sure about that since the last time I checked there's a few minor changes from the japanese version, ones that might throw some folks off.

I prefer the japanese one since the english one is kinda 'unofficial' in nature.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1279.0 for continued discussion :V
Pretty much if it's not a canon game try to keep to Akyu's Arcade (for doujin games or hacks) or Rika's Garage (for DMF-based stuff) respectively

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."