Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 274490 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Just played it with Reimu. I like this. :3

And now Yuyuko is a failure. Gotta go play it with the others now.
How

Enlighten the stupid noob

I didn't know it either :fail:
Me too.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
How

Enlighten the stupid noob

I didn't know it either :fail:

You press C once your trance gauge is full. You're invincible and you don't die.

But geez, I've never had to press C before. :<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Explaining Trance mode and C-button.
The 'Trance' Meter is a small skull image located at the left bottom corner of your game. This meter will fill up if you collect grey spirits. There are two ways this meter can be used: 1) By death or 2) When full, hitting C.

In both cases, you entire screen will turn fancy and flashy. Your girl will turn temporarily transparency, being in a trance. During this time, you have maximum power and are invulnerable to any damage. However, the meter will quickly deplete as the giant timer shows the remaining time.

Though there is a difference. If you die, your girl will be forced into trance and anything within the meter will deplete. The more it is filled, the more you will benefit. When the meter depleted, your character will go Pichuーn! and you will officially lose a life. On the other hand, to activate trance mode manually, you must fill the entire meter. You won't go Pichuーn at the end, as this is activated manually.
It's been in the OP all the time, people :P

Anyone know the specific special abilities each character has? like sanae has quicker gauge recovery?

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Awesome people! Thanks!
*Goes back to playing
TF2 Backpack

Soo... wait. Was that actually the Hakurei Shrine, or the Myouren Shrine? Now I've lost it...

*Edit: Yup, apparently it WAS Myouren Temple
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:07:16 AM by Yonowaaru »

everfeather

• Patron saint of ferrets
For everyone that says the game is easy. Go play the game for score, which means that you pick up every blue spirit, and graze bosses as much as possible (I would up with 53 mil on normal and I played it a bit safe on a few parts I normally didn't but would die)

for everyone that says the game is hard, go play through and sit down on the bottom 20% of the screen. you should see each others viewpoints.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sanae on easy, and the game died on the last stage as the boss was exploding. Since I'm too lazy to go through all of these pages, has this happened to anyone else? :V
TF2 Backpack

Yes, quite a lot of people, actually. I have seen it happen with all characters.. Except Youmu. I don't really know why.

Also, Yoshika mentioned something to Youmu about 'dreadful wars of faith'... Does that mean what I think it means?

I'm not sure that I like or understand the scoring system. The main gimmick just doesn't feel engaging enough. All I'm finding myself doing is point-blanking enemies and collecting spirits just so I can enter the Spiritual Realm, maybe once per stage, since it takes forever to fill all three bars up. Then once I do enter it, I'm back out in the blink of an eye. So far I've found it most profitable to hit the Trance button and unload all three bars while planted on top of a boss in order to jack up the point item value, but utilizing the main gimmick once per stage like that is pretty boring. I think I'd like it more if you could enter the Spiritual Realm for a fewer number of seconds as soon as you have one bar filled. I don't know; maybe I'm missing something.

I'm thinking that suiciding might play an important role since it puts you into the Spiritual Realm regardless of how many bars you have filled, but given that it takes more and more red spirits to get each subsequent extend, it's probably not possible to do it frequently.

Dead Princess Sakana

Okay, so I played Normal now (usually I'm Easy Modo player) and yeah, when actually using the bottom half of the screen it's very manageable (didn't even notice how much I moved around at the top to get spirits when I tried it yesterday). 1cc get. This might be the first game I can 1CC in Normal, at least when I don't go for spirits. \o/

KomeijiKoishi

You know what I find funny?

That Sanae's unfocused shottype looks suspiciously like Iceman from Batsugun.

Not to mention that she imitated Miyamoto and whatshisface from Mahou Daisakusen in UFO.

...how long will it take people to make fanart of her obsessing over mid-ninties arcade shmups?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:42:23 AM by P Punkt Alex »

The only bug I encountered disabled my bombs and didn't let me cycle through dialogue. This was on a second playthrough after I had already cleared it. It made me think Sanae didn't have a bomb attack.

Exited and restarted the game to get everything back to normal.

Eeh, I find Sanae's shottype more like MarisaB from UFO imo, and Youmu's MarisaC from MoF. Marisa herself is laser Marisa/Marisa A in UFO and Reimu.. I don't really know.

Also, part 2 of my failthrough with Youmu! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmrkddW6os

There's a lot of milking between boss attacks or using a bomb to refill your gauge,

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
A girl named Miyako... with the power to eat anything. Am I the only one thinking of hidamari!?
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Bio

• resident walker
The music. Why is it so ...bassy? But hell, it's good.

OneSS

• Koishi's long lost relative
The 'press c with full gauge' thing sounds suspiciously like a hyper from other danmaku games.
Small spirits are UFO stand ins.
Looking at Miyako, sounds like Mystia's in deep trouble. (WINNER EATS ALL)
What happens when you spot Koishi:
1. Koishi runs towards you.
2. Koishi glomps you.
3. MIND RAEP TIME =D

7TC7

• In best company
Having a demo and already 14 new music tracks pretty much made this game for me~~~<3
Yuyuko's Spirit World theme is so menacing, I love it.
Also, both of Yoshika's themes are funny as hell. I'm just a little disappointed her laughter isn't part of the track...

The game itself seems a lot easier to me than the last two games. Managed to 1cc Normal with Youmu on my first try and managed to 2cc Hard with Sanae on my first try as well. Died horribly on Lunatic Yuyuko with Reimu, though, so Hard it be, I guess.

I like the Spirit gimmick and hugging the bosses to farm a lot of them. Youmu's Charge attack is pretty fun and her MoF-Marisa-A shottype is pretty fun too. Sanae seems to be my favourite in this game, though. Her shot seems to just eat away on everything. Marisa does look stronger, but the spread of her laser on level 3 is kinda ... awkward for me (and I never played much with her anyway). Reimu's fun. Combining homing amulet with needles is a nice idea.

Just one thing I'm wondering... does deathbombing still exist? Auto-Spirit-World seems to make it nigh impossible.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Formless God

Having a demo and already 14 new music tracks pretty much made this game for me~~~<3
... What ?

There's 7 normal tracks, and they change when you enter spirit mode. You can't actually listen to them in the Music Room, though.

KomeijiKoishi

Buuut you can rip them!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I just tried the demo, I think Zun did a great job. I'm pretty sure this will be my fave Touhou after EoSD and PCB.

Pros:
-Definitely seems prettier and more colourful, the graphics engine and background and whatnot that is, the danmaku so far is actually fairly unpretty unfortunately.
-The danmaku seems far more randomish, which may not be a good thing in itself, but, it's definitely a unique feel for a Touhou game.
-I don't fully understand the scoring system, but I'm pretty darn sure it's the best yet. I mean, you can play it safe and not worry about score, and it will be really easy, or you can fly up the top, graze stuff, collect dangerously located spirits, etc. Going for score should provide a good challenge, but yet, unlike many other Touhou games, you basically wont be forced to reset after just one non-death screwup or whatever (like in MoF, your score is forever gimped because you accidentally grabbed all the green starts before a big pause in enemies, resulting in a total faith crash).

I think score runners will get scores based on their current level of pressure and confidence rather then following a super uniform formula for each stage, THIS is why I think it's the best yet.
-Shot types all seem fun so far, nothing seems gimp or op, I haven't tried Sanae yet though. Youmu's sword seems pretty op for trash though, but I think it's made even by being harder to use on bosses (though still viable when you pull it off right).
-Seeing some familiar faces is pretty cool. I always said that while I want to see some of my fave characters return, I want to keep faith in zun's ability to create new characters we'll love. But...Seeing them return is still really nice >=)
-Zombie girl's song theme sounds pretty unexceptional as it is, but I can tell that it should make one HELL of a badass song to remix metal-style >=)
-Both the 2nd and the 3rd boss have their own gimmicks, perhaps bosses 4+ will as well. Regardless of if you like gimmicks in your shooters or not, they add character to the character IMO >=), particularly good for fangame mechanics.

Cons:
-None of the songs really wow'd me so far. They all definately sound GFW-esque to me, which didn't really wow me either. It was particularly painful Seeing Yuyu, whose original track is nearly my all time fave (kaggy wins this one) before remixing is done, end up sounding meh... Though as a stage 1 boss, it's reasonable to make it fairly unepic or whatever I guess.
- None of the danmaku is really pretty, the games colours and whatnot are pretty, but the patterns dem bullets make basically looks like random shotguns all over in comparison to what Touhou normally offers.

Formless God

Damnit, and I thought someone managed to get the entire soundtrack (unlikely, but who knows, he probably has finished with the music) :fail:

I'm completely happy with Yuyuko's appearance in the game. I'm not even heart broken at the lack of Border of Life's return. I mean, you're really only there for tea and crumpets danmaku, so it's not like the fight i going to be a big deal or anything.

So does the laughing sound effect only plays when you time out on one of Yoshika's spells? or does it plays regardless you capture it or not?

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
Yoshika: Ahhh... at last...
Yoshika: The door to the great mausoleum will finally open...

Why do I get a vibe of the UFO plot here? As in, people are waiting for someone to open/unseal/break something and the heroines are going to do exactly this?  :V

And omfg Yuyuko and Kogasa. ZUN must have thought the same things.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Dead Princess Sakana

I wonder if someone else from the UFO cast will appear later in the game. Because it seems kinda weird Byakuren wouldn't notice undead messing around in the backyard of her temple :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Yes. The distance factor isn't an issue, and the bar at the top of the screen doesn't move around, so I don't have to spend time locating it.

Spend time locating it? It's a bright ring around the boss. Kinda hard to miss.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."