Author Topic: UFO bomb/shot comparisons?  (Read 24322 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
UFO bomb/shot comparisons?
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:14:52 AM »
I didn't want to post this in the sticky since I'm sure nobody will actually have numbers and times and whatnot like on the sticky post.

But I was wondering if anybody knew the ballpark info on the ufo shottypes and bombs. I noticed touhou wiki was completely blank in this area of info.

I played it thru like 3 or 4 times, each with a diff character. Here is what I noticed so far:

1: Marissa's laser shot type seems to be way better now. It has great spread in unfocused mode, and no spread in focus mode. The lasers never turn off, so she ends up being an excellent trash damager. Due to focus mode being narrow-shooting, I rekon her boss damage is fairly good as well. Plus she still has master spark, yay... overall she seemed to be "buffed" over her previous laser form counterparts.

2: Marissa's other shot type..umm. wtf.. Huge spread.. even under focus mode, a decent full-screen bomb, but didn't seem to be master spark powerful. and I didn't notice it pwning bosses any faster than her first shot type whilst attempting to "shotgun" with her (I'm sure it's better if you totally shotgun, but safety matters).

It was a couple days ago when I tried ufo, so I can't really remember much else (other than sanae having a very powerful bomb as well).

IF anybody could supply me (and anybody else who cares) with what each strength/weakness is for each shot type and character I'd appreciate it >=P.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Re: UFO bomb/shot comparisons?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
Now that the old MotK board is gone there is no way to get the TH12 Shot/Bomb Analysis. All the information was lost. I don't think anyone saved that post...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I remember the Shot Type data. It was all focused, and can't remember the spellcard used.

ReimuA:10.0
ReimuB:13.5
MarisaA:12.0
MarisaB:13.0, 11.5(Shotgun)
SanaeA:13.0
SanaeB:11.5, I think her shotgun was 9.5...?

These might not be completely correct, but I'm pretty darn sure I got it right.

ReimuA's focused range is so small that since half the boss attacks in the demo push you out from under the boss every 5 seconds, she actually isn't necessarily the best damage dealer.

MarisaB isn't quite as bad as she sounds since she has huge range and her shotgun is actually safely plausible a decent bit of the time. Her bomb is complete crap though, which REALLY doesn't help with her already not-fantastic shot type. I suppose her backwards shots while unfocused will help when you POC...  :-\

With SanaeB, if you bomb (esp. right next to boss) and shotgun during it, its basically a spellcard skip... XD
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:20:29 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »
Speaking for myself, I've had the best luck with Sanae A. Playing both Sanaes, making the exact same moves, Sanae A is still the only one where I pick up two extends before meeting Nazrin for the final time.

Another thing that bothers me about Sanae B is that little ripple effect of her flying frogs when they strike things. It's distracting and impairs the visual.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »
Yeah, Neo pretty much got it as far as I can remember. I think ReimuA was actually under 10, but I'm not sure. The General Power Ranking was:

SanaeB ShotGun
ReimuA in general
MarisaB ShotGun
SanaeB in general
MarisaA in general
MarisaB/SanaeA in general
ReimuB in general

Even though ReimuA is the "strongest", the shot type really isn't good for stages, as there are a shit load of enemies, and it has average spread and nothing special. ReimuB has homing(useful), MarisaA has piercing(useful), MarisaB has a huge spread(useful), SanaeA has the search snakes(useful), and SanaeB has Diagonal shots(useful) and Splash Damage(useful). So yeah.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
If those numbers are accurate it looks like Homing-reimu is quite a bit more powerful than usual. hmmm..

Nuclear Fusion