Author Topic: Danmakufu Technical Difficulties  (Read 13338 times)

ZombieToad57

Danmakufu Technical Difficulties
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
Oh boy! I have just recently found Danmakufu and, may I say, what an opportunity to test my limited coding abilities.

However, the technical difficulties mentioned in the thread subject are not of coding or anything of the sort. Launching the program is no problem, but whenever I attempt to play a stage, Danmakufu crashes on me.

In addition to Danmakufu, I also found this wonderful site. So I ask thee, do you have any ideas of why this program keeps closing whenever I try to play a stage, and advice on how to fix it. Maybe I'm missing some key component I need to download or Danmakufu is incompatible with my computer. I don't know, but it would be great if you could help me out.

Thank you...

Re: Danmakufu Technical Difficulties
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
Please read the FAQ before posting a question. It is stickied.

You'll need Applocale to run it properly, which is located here: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
Run Applocale, browse for th_dnh.exe, select Japanese as the default language (bottom of the list), then create a shortcut to always run it using Japanese settings.

ZombieToad57

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
Actually, I already downloaded AppLocale. Even this hasn't changed anything and Danmakufu continually crashes. Any other ideas?

I'll check out the FAQ, though. Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »
Well that's a little more informative. Mind taking some screenshots of your error, and what specifically you do in order to yield it?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »
Are you on Vista or some other non-XP OS?

ZombieToad57

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »
It seems that AppLocale was the real problem...

So I booted up Danmakufu, and it works, and when I play that Ex. Rumia stage, everything is A-Okay.

I can't play the scripts of other people, though. I realize I need that "ShotReplace" thing. Anyone care to provide a link and, hopefully, some instructions?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »
Just down the page. I'll link to it in the FAQ, too.

ZombieToad57

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
You guys are great. Thanks a lot!