Author Topic: Describe VoWG Lunatic in 50 words or less.  (Read 10706 times)

Describe VoWG Lunatic in 50 words or less.
« on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:05 PM »
I'm trying to describe VoWG to a colleague and I'm at a loss without just saying "ABSOLUTE ****TONS OF BULLETS". Any suggestions are appreciated.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Re: Describe VoWG Lunatic in 50 words or less.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:22:37 PM »
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck".

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
Fast, complex, contains elements of aimed waves and static waves. And very fun.

That's all.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:30:49 PM »
Kaleidoscopic curtain fire that is of the highest threat. Rainbow wave of amulet are constant uh-oh. Walls aimed at you after the twentieth~ second are of the commonity. Be praying.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

These waves converge and spread out, forming many walls of bullets scattered around in odd directions. The colors are also really pretty. The thing is...

THERE ARE FUCKING WALLS OF BULLETS FUCKING EVERYWHERE. THERE ARE A FEW TIMES WHERE YOU CAN FIT YOURSELF IN A WAVE, BUT HELL IF YOU'RE EVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO. YOU HAVE TO DODGE LIKE A FUCKING CAT DODGING A SUPER SOAKER THAT CONSTANTLY SPRAYS FUCKING EVERYWHERE. TWENTY SECONDS IN, THE WAVES STARTING OVERLAPPING ON EACH OTHER. THIS RESULTS IN SPLIT-TIMING DODGES THAT MAKE YOU RUN HALFWAY ACROSS THE SCREEN EVERY QUARTER OF A SECOND AND OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE BOMBING, WHICH BY THE WAY MAKE HER INVINCIBLE, BARELY REMOVE ANY BULLETS AND SLOWS YOU DOWN. EVEN WITH MAXIMUM DAMAGE OUTPUT, YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT FOR AT LEAST AN ENTIRE MINUTE.

I could really make it fifty if you want.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:34:42 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 02:55:25 AM »
thousands of rainbow colored walls flying in your face which would kill you if you touch even a single bullet

half funny half serious

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:14:49 AM »
Deadly wind.
Amulets of rainbow colors, impending holes between.
Infinite power from a finite god.
Be swift, and find the gaps.
Be strong, and focus fire.
Above all, be decisive, and move at any time.
To capture is no mean feat.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »
Less than 50 words:

Arcs of amulets form around the boss from center to the border of the field, then twist and scatter into umpteen little walls of bullets that start overlapping after 20 seconds. The attack requires quick reflexes and good pattern reading skill.

More than 50 words, but still one sentence  :V :

Arcs of amulets form around the boss from center to the border of the field, then twist and scatter into umpteen little walls of bullets,some of which have tiny gaps, that curve outwards and require fast reaction and a good skill in reading the pattern in which each singular wave of walls dissolve, which becomes extremely difficult after twenty seconds when the waves start to overlap, after which you still have to last more than half a minute as the attack is immune to bombs and takes allot of damage, which, combined with the fitting and generally awesome music of the battle, all in all makes for one of the most difficult, mesmerizing and fun attacks in the whole game series.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:22:59 PM »
God of the Sky's Deadly Colorful Flower.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Its fun, but its way to good at forming walls that require you to either squeeze through a tiny, tiny gap or move very quick, unfocused and precise around it. Much to fast for my little birdbrain. And the reason for all my failures to the spell.

To descripe it quickly: Epic, fast paced, excellent for showing off to others and fun to play. May feel a bit overwhelming but that just means i have goals to reach. And that's awesome.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
How do I describe VoWG's awesomeness?  How about this:  It might be the only attack that never really makes me angry when I fail it.  Simply being there and being able to dodge it is more than enough of a reward.  The only time it ever makes me upset is when it has to end.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
"A shitload of multi-colored talismans raining down on your maiden. Prepare to die, lots."

Im not very creative :/

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
Complex multi-layered criss-crossing arcs of bullet walls that often require precise long distance dodges through gaps that only exist for a fraction of a second.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »
I think VoWG is pretty neat card

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
that's an understatement

VoWG is one of the best cards in Touhou

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Despite the fact that I've tried it at least 50 more times, Nuclear Fusion still capped it first, screw you, goddamn walls, PRETTY.

Or, in other words:
I think that Virtue of Wind God is a pretty cool card, eh walls me for split-second dodges that I epically fail and doesn't afraid of anything.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
With one picture which speaks a 1000-950 words.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 04:29:33 PM »
The picture does it pretty well, except it needs to be more colourful.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

Like this?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »
Hmm Hmm, It is missing Kanako and a victim.

Done.

Nuclear Fusion