Author Topic: Some Random Shorts  (Read 29318 times)

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
Re: Some Random Shorts
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »
I see quite a number of NaNoWriMo entries in PSL (though I haven't read any yet because of exams nearing and all...) and I'd be interested to join too if only my exams weren't this close (and if I wasn't so lazy and had thought of a plot much earlier or so...). So if anyone who is writing for it is (somehow wasting their time) reading this, I'd just wanna wish you all the best of luck then...

But though exams are close, I just had this little idea pop into my mind and thought I should at least write it out here if I don't want it bothering me when I least want it to...

==========
Short #15, Part 1(/?)

My name is Kirisame Marisa. I have long, wavy, blonde hair and I love strange things. I have always been called a weirdo, yet I never complained -as it is an undeniable fact-. I've always wished I could travel everywhere and see everything there is to see in this vast, vast world...

And today, I am the most normal thing ever...

In this world I awoke in two months ago...

I opened my eyes that day with my vision blurred. I took a glance around the room I was in, stunned and mortified. I let out a loud gasp as I scanned the room, thoroughly this time, only to be shocked to encounter such a nightmare...

The walls were made of grotesque, red, pulsating flesh and guts; it was so real I could literally feel the slimy blobs of flesh underneath my feet. The ones on the walls were even worse; oozing sticky, green slime and a horrid-smelling reddish-yellow pus!

It all felt so real...

Then I heard the sound of slimy guts rubbing against blobs of flesh. I turned to face the direction from which the sound had come, only to notice -to my shock- that the walls of guts were shifting their positions, as if opening a doorway!

I took a step closer as curiosity filled my mind. My heart raced like never before and my sweat trickled down my face as I gulped and approached the gap, still widening...

My actions came to a halt as I heard the sound of slimy slithering against the flesh-filled floor... and then before my very eyes, emerged a large yellowish blob of fatty flesh covered in sticky red and green liquids (I would rather DIE than find out what it was?)

Instantly, I let out a shriek of genuine terror at the top of my lungs -something I had never done before in my life- and covered my face with my palms. The grotesque creature, however, never hesitated to approach me. It stretched out one of its tentacles towards me...

But then I realised... Heck! I knew magic! I could fight back and easily blast it into bits! And then I could just fly out of there! Simple, ze!

I raised a finger and began focusing my energy into it like I usually would...

The creature groaned in a deep, distorted and coarse voice...

I did it! I thought...

Only to open my eyes and watch in horror as the abomination continued approaching me with its intestine-like tentacles. No usual blinding light, no explosions, not even a tiny spark... Nothing... at all?

I could, for the very first time, feel fear seeping into every bone in my body as the confidence I've always had in me just dissolved and vanished into thin air. Despair and hopelessness danced in my soul, laughing at me before my very eyes, taunting me every passing moment which then seemed like an eternity...

I forced myself to awake from the horrifying dream...

Gathering every last bit of courage left in me, I charged right at the creature, pushing it aside with one hand and then proceeding to kick it back a few inches before charging through the opening behind it; all whilst at the verge of tears...

Yeah...

It's unbelievable but undeniably true...

I used to be deemed a liar back then among my friends, though in my case, I'm not as bad as that crow tengu, but still...
If I told anyone at all about it, they would easily pass it off as an obvious lie; or at least a just a very realistic nightmare I was having...

Yeah, I wish that were true though...

As after I left the grotesque room I was in back then, I was greeted... a very "warm" welcome... by the deep, scarlet sky above... and I came upon realisation... right at that very moment...

This is, in fact, no nightmare...

This is all real...

?

==========
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2011, 06:37:11 AM »
Short #15, Part 2(/?)

Yea? that?s right?

As I left the room of horrors I had awoken in, I was greeted by the tainted red sky above ?a slight resemblance to the time the infamous vampire known by the name of the Scarlet Devil had unleashed her scarlet mist upon the land, except this one was far worse?

The air was heavy; filled with a putrid stench like a blend of rotten eggs, dead animal carcasses and decaying corpses. Several times had I choked on the heavy stagnation; coughing to relief myself, only to resume breathing the disgusting odour moments after I caught my breath again.

There was nothing I could do but run? and run? and run?

Past the long stretch of darkness I continued running, aimlessly; hopelessly lost without my ability to fly or use magic?

I was surrounded by large grotesque pillars ?seeming like decomposed human flesh- that stretched up high, covering almost everything above me -only barely leaving slight traces of the dark red sky above- and shadowing everything beneath?

There?s no denying it anymore, how lost I was?

I fell to my knees; tears streaming down my face and onto the ground?

To be honest, I would have wanted to kill myself then and there? if I hadn?t met her that dark night?

----------

*knock knock*

?Yeah? Come in??

?Uhh? Dinner?s ready now? wanna come down?? her sweet voice was music to my ears?

Yeah? fortunately I stumbled upon this girl; one with a maddeningly familiar face. She was the only thing that had seemed ?normal? in my eyes ever since I awoke in that room?

The blonde girl looked at me, surprised at first, letting out a sudden gasp. But then she approached me ?still crying and on my knees- and held her hand out to me with a gentle and warm smile. She introduced herself as Alice, a name I was familiar with. And then I recalled?

A few years back, as I was with my good friend Reimu, on our way to solving an incident in the Realm of Demons, Makai, we had come upon a young girl in blue and white; oh how cute she was back then, and how much she has matured today?

She was kind enough to bring me back to my ?home??

Apparently, this world I awoke in is not much different from the world I had come from? okay it IS very much different in almost every aspect one can think of, but once one takes a better look at this world, they can vaguely recognise the nuances between the two worlds, such as how both worlds are geographically similar?

Everything seems in place; the Bamboo Forest of the Lost ?which was where I had found myself lost in, with the tall pillars all around replacing the bamboos-, the Forest of Magic ?now a creepy, dark, gloomy and horrifying place, contrast to the lively one back in my world- and not to mention, my own home in the Forest of Magic; exactly the same spot as it was in my world, and now where I call my new home?

I?ve been living here since Alice found me back at the Bamboo Forest and brought me back to her place?

----------

?Hey, are you okay?? she asked as she drew closer.

I took a closer look at her. I was excited as she was the most normal thing I?ve seen all day!

?You? aren?t afraid of me?? she asked, worried.

?Me? Why would I be afraid?? I replied with a question of my own as I wiped the tears off my cheeks. I took another look at her face, seeing similarities with a person I had once met in the past. I tilted my head and asked, ?Hey, what?s your name? Have we met before??

?Uhh? me? Hmm? now that I look at you... you seem awfully familiar?? she said. ?Umm? my name?s Alice, nice to meet you?? she smiled at me, slightly blushing.

?Alice?...? I took a while and pondered. ?Hey! Aren?t you that girl from Makai!??

?EH!? H-H-H-How d-d-did you know!?? she gasped with a worried look on her face. ?Y-y-you? w-who are you?...?

?Wow, you sure have grown? oh, pardon my rudeness, I?m Marisa? if you remember that is??

The girl did not hesitate a reply. ?Didn?t you have red hair back then??

?Haha? I thought it looked a little unnatural for an ordinary person to have red hair (even though it was passed down from Dad) so I decided to dye it blonde to look more normal, you see?? I said with a smile. ?You like it??

The girl blushed and looked away. ?Y-y-y-you?re?? she began stammering.

?Hm??

?Y-y-you?re? really? cute?? the red on her face intensified, turning me red as well.

We got along pretty quickly after that and I deduced that the girl was stuck in the world too such as myself. She showed me great kindness and hospitality by bringing me back to her home which was located deep within the woods?

Soon she showed me around the place and I found the home I live in now?

----------

?Hey, Marisa? Are you coming down?? she asked once again.

?Oh, I?m coming right now!? I rushed down the stairs, down to the kitchen ?or at least, where I remembered the kitchen was.

You know, if it weren?t for Alice, I would?ve attempted suicide two months ago. I don?t know how deep into the Netherworld I would have gone by now?

And today, the both of us live together under this one roof; this one place I can call a home?

It is a little embarrassing to say this, b-but? I think I kinda? like her? ya? know? despite the two of us being girls and all? Yea, I guess I really do like her? a-and I know she feels the same way towards me too?

Sometimes I think? I really wanna live on in this world; horrible as it is or far away as I may be from all my friends and the rest of the world?

As long as I?m together with Alice? I do not mind a living nightmare as my everyday life? I just want the two of us to be together... forever?

A simple wish like that can be fulfilled, right? Right?...

?
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
Short #16 (A Gensokyoan Christmas), Part 1(/1)

Twas the night before Christmas and God was taking his annual white shi-...uhh? nevermind? Some things are better left unknown to human knowledge... Anyways...

Underneath the white blanket of God's sh-I mean a layer of 'snow', laid the magical land sealed away from the rest of the world since long ago: Gensokyo. Everyone was busy with their usual everyday-routines, carrying out their duties without a hint of the holiday spirit. This was because Christmas was a holiday alien to all of Gensokyo... all but one girl...

"But Reimu, I told you already, Christmas is fun! Sure it has got nothing to do with us but just the part about gift exchanges and having parties with your friends and family all night long, doesn't that make you at least interested in it?" said the shrine maiden of the Moriya Shrine who had come to visit the shrine maiden of Hakurei.

"Uhh, whatever..." said Reimu in a bored monotonous voice while sipping her tea. "What's so great about a holiday where a fat man breaks into people's houses to give coal to naughty children? Sounds like an incident to me... Actually, come to think about it, it sounds more like Marisa except without the 'giving' part..."

You see, Sanae had been going around Gensokyo, trying to spread the holiday spirit but was always promptly rejected, though some reactions were less negative...

"Cool! Climbin' into houses thru' chimneys? I wanna try that tonight, ze!" (An ordinary magician in the Forest of Magic)

"Bah! Eye'm still da strongest!" (The strongest fairy)

"Oh, good. A new playmate for Flan..." (The Scarlet Devil)

"A fat man? Is that so? Can I eat him?" (A walking ball of darkness)

"I wanna be trampled by his reindeer!" (A certain masochistic celestial)

"He's climbin' yo' windows', snatchin' yo' children up, tryin' ta' rape 'em, so y'all betta' hide yo' kids, hide yo' wifes' and hide yo' husbands cuz' he's rapin' errybody out there" (A drunk man running around Kourindou in a loincloth)

And then there were those who rather disliked the beliefs of Christmas that Sanae had told them. Reactions such as "I'll kill him if he steps on my flowers", "A Royal Flare should take care of such intruders", and "Goliath will take care of the roof tonight, thanks for the warning".

Tired and slowly giving up, Sanae decided to take a rest upon a nearby tree. Saddened by the fact that nobody was taking her seriously, she sobbed softly to herself and gradually fell asleep in her rather revealing shrine maiden outfit. A surprise she does not catch a cold, revealing her armpits like that despite the ?snow?...

"Huh? Where am I?" Sanae regained consciousness. "Oh that's right, I fell asle- who are you!?"

"Who? Me?" said the pink-haired girl with a smile as she stared as Sanae, her skin as pale as snow. "I'm a gho-"

"You're the Ghost of Christmas Past!?" Sanae said excitedly. "You're going to show me how Christmas was like in Gensokyo before we moved in here?"

"Uhh... no. I'm just a ghost... Remember? That ghost you fought back in Hisoutensoku? Not in Story Mode, though..." said Yuyuko. "And what's this Christmas thing you just mentioned?"

And so on she preached the ghost princess, for what had seemed like hours until she was interrupted by the sound of jingling bells echoing in the skies. A look at the dark, moonlit sky revealed a silhouette of a figure in a huge sleigh.

"Look! Look, you two! It's Santa!" Sanae was jumping on her toes, pointing at the flying silhouette against the moon.

"I'm sorry to tell you this Miss Kochiya," Youmu said while tapping her princess' back. "Yuyuko-sama had fallen asleep ever since you finished the part about eating. And well, she's pretty good at sleeping with her eyes open... and-"

*CRASH*

Sanae's eyes widened. Grabbing onto the half-ghost's hand, she forced both of them to follow her. At the site, in the middle of the Forest of Magic, lied the sleigh, crashed and broken. Four ordinary-looking horses were in the snow, still struggling to free themselves. Badly-made papier-mache was stuck onto each horse's head. The shrine maiden was brought to tears...

And out from the sleigh he stepped. Dressed in red, he got up and carried his bag. No more than a red bathrobe had covered the man. As the girls scanned its body up to its face, they came upon realisation that it was all just a hoax. A bear was all that stood there. Its bag dropped on the snowy ground, revealing loads of candy. The bear just stood there, stunned.

"I told you I'd get Goliath on guard here!" said a girl from the darkness. "Thanks again for your prior warning."

The bear turned and, without hesitation, sprinted away but was easily captured by the dolls that had been put on patrol by the dollmaster. Tens of tiny blades surrounded the phony, forcing him to drop onto the ground, covering his head, trembling and shaking in fear.

Alice the dollmaster approached the bear and grabbed it by its head. A slight tug was more than enough to 'behead' then man within; a man with a long, white beard and neatly-trimmed white hair. The shocked shrine maiden stood petrified, traumatized from her childhood beliefs. Santa having fake reindeers, then Santa being a pedophilliac bear who had been roaming the Internet for as long as she could remember and now-

"DAD!?" another scream of shock pierced the forest as a white, transparent... uhh... sperm cell-looking thing, curled around the man that looked suspiciously like Hakugyokurou's former gardener.

?And I could?ve gotten away with it too, if it weren?t for you meddling kids! And that doll!? said the aged man in the suit.
However, all voices turned silent when more bells are rung in the sky. This time it sounded like the bells one could find on reception counters. In the midnight sky, against the radiating moon, was a silhouette; not of a sleigh, but of a familiar figure on a broom with an empty sack on her back. Her distinctive hat was all that was needed to make out her true identity. A familiar voice then resounded in the sky...

"Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas, da ze~"
Madness?