Author Topic: The Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch (Translators Needed!)  (Read 20076 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: The Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch (Translators Needed!)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
Aha, I think I've got a good one for Koreka. I found a website randomly from Google, and it translated kore to "this" as what was mentioned above, and ka can mean a "price".

http://www.eudict.com/?word=ka&go=Search&lang=japeng

It makes sense to me, since he says koreka twice, so it would be Delivery Sign "This Price or This Price" along with him moving back and forth in two places on the danmakufu script.. Just want to run this through with you guys first in case that site and I made a mistake. ;)

Will fix in the list.
Will it work better as "This or That Price"?

"これか" could mean "This?" so it should be like N-Forza once said, "This or that?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:21:56 PM by ミョウリ »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
Um, no? The "ka" here is like a question mark. So a literal translation would be "This? This?" but you want to change it so it fits the situation better. In the original commercial context, Ronald is posing, right? So "Is it this?", "This one?" or "Like this?" would be OK.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:56 AM »
Ok, koreka koreka is all sorted out. Still need some verification about those characters being Chinese or Japanese.

Also, I was going through possible scenarios for the crime & hamburger spell, when I remembered the Hamburglar (uncyclopedia used since wikipedia has not much on him). Sine his name would make sense, being hamburger and burglar together, I was wondering (again) if he is a possibility for the spell name. It's probably not, so I might end up using something like Hamburger Crime Shoot or something similar.

After that, all I need is someone to go through the dialog also and then we're set. (after I fit it in, of course) :P
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 04:15:40 AM »
Ok, koreka koreka is all sorted out. Still need some verification about those characters being Chinese or Japanese.

Also, I was going through possible scenarios for the crime & hamburger spell, when I remembered the Hamburglar (uncyclopedia used since wikipedia has not much on him). Sine his name would make sense, being hamburger and burglar together, I was wondering (again) if he is a possibility for the spell name. It's probably not, so I might end up using something like Hamburger Crime Shoot or something similar.

After that, all I need is someone to go through the dialog also and then we're set. (after I fit it in, of course) :P

... Oh, the Hamburglar! Right, I forgot to mention him up until now! I thought of him when I was translating the spell card names, but somehow I didn't mention that when I was putting in some notes...

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
Still need some verification about those characters being Chinese or Japanese.
what

They're katakana. Pretty much purely Japanese.

But "Hamburglar Shot" (not shoot) should work. Good thinking.