Author Topic: Uwabami Breakers Final boss: Amakasu Barley Tenji (AFRO)  (Read 7460 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Uwabami Breakers Final boss: Amakasu Barley Tenji (AFRO)
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
How the HELL does one performs his 4th noncard with the spinning martini glasses. It is seriously a huge obstacle for me which is wasting my precious time before the timer hits 4:30. I want to frikken practise.

When you shoot them they explode into bubbles. If I bomb my way trough I have like no power to even start doing damage as his next spellcard with the waving stars is insanely hard.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:24:57 AM by Helepolis »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
Re: Uwabami Breakers AFRO boss
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:01:02 AM »
Fourth noncard is silliness. The bubbles are aimed at you when they fire so THEORETICALLY you can stream them. In reality there seems to be no clear consistent way to do this thing. Alternating between v. rapid shooting and streaming has given me a cap rate on it of something like 10%, so basically you just have to bomb it at the right times.

FWIW, due to the way that lives and bombs work, don't bother bombing, just eat the hits, until you get to Last Call, at least on that noncard, as it's very near the end and your timer would typically be close to the end by now anyway. Her next two spellcards are nowhere near as difficult as her fourth noncard either, for that matter.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
The main problem is your chopsticks hit too much unwanted targets making those martini glasses burst into danmaku spam fest. Same goes for the girl boss with her 2nd non card, except I time that one out as it is boring. Also the martini glasses explode after a certain period of time into red bubbles being slightly slower than the ones appear when shooting them.

And I don't know about his 'starwave' spellcard yet. As I never had the chance to practise or analyse the card. All I have seen is the blue stars move down and the red ones move up. So you have to square move around them without getting nailed by the ones spawning from the sides again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:03:58 AM by Helepolis »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »
The main problem is your chopsticks hit too much unwanted targets making those martini glasses burst into danmaku spam fest. Same goes for the girl boss with her 2nd non card, except I time that one out as it is boring. Also the martini glasses explode after a certain period of time into red bubbles being slightly slower than the ones appear when shooting them.
For all of Amakasu Barley Tenji's fight, except his second noncard (the one with disco balls in it), you want to use the vertical shot (i.e. C) and *NOT* the homing chopstick shot (i.e. Z)

Quote from: Helepolis
And I don't know about his 'starwave' spellcard yet. As I never had the chance to practise or analyse the card. All I have seen is the blue stars move down and the red ones move up. So you have to square move around them without getting nailed by the ones spawning from the sides again.
It's mostly vertical dodging, Drayen caps it in this video.

In any order, that card (it's called 96% - Galaxy of Spiritus) is basically just the beta test for Hell's Tokamak, really.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:14:13 AM »
Wait, you can use the C button for constant shooting? OH stupid me. And I was like tapping down Z for rapidshot. The hell >.<

I'll view the video for tactic when I strangle myself. I first want to try few more times out myself. Thanks in advance.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »
Derp
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:24:08 PM by Suikama »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »
It's simple. Don't shoot them.

Quote from: Helepolis

Alice, I watched the video link you posted. Even in there the persons bombs once then deals damage to Tenji and takes one hit to refill his power slightly because shooting the martinis do give power slightly. So I have to stay amap close to 3.0 power and bomb once during the 4th card and take one hit. Could be a good tactic. But this requires flawless playing trough his previous cards/noncards.

I also learned now that the faster you shoot down enemies in the stage, the more time you keep at the end. So basicly dying in the first stage is even possible. But the stages are no problem for me as they are easy to memorize.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:11:39 PM by Helepolis »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
O LAWD IS DIS SUM UWABAMI THEAD?  8D

I just bomb through the spinning Martini glasses.  Yeah, it sucks, but if you run right up to him as you bomb to maximize damage, you can beat it with one attack.

The only part that -really- troubles me now is the "Virtue of Wine God" attack he throws at you near the end.  It always gets me right near the end T.T

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »
Oh god, I reached his last spellcard, the drunken version of VoWG, but the timer was already 4:30 as I got struck down during 96% - Galaxy of spiritus.

It is bit like Garlyle said and the movie showed. I first destroyed a few Martini glasses at the corners then right before they explode I bombed which blew away all the new spawning martini glasses leaving him vurnible. I just need to practise to control this tactic better.

Must win this!

Edit:

I think I finally got the hang out of this noncard. I am trying to find a perfect method as you can do it without bombing but it takes a little longer. I simply start shooting on the left and fast non focussed streaming to right while shooting then evade the bubbles. As they are aimed like Alice said it is possible to evade them. You have to do this from left to right and right to left so the remaining martinis will explode and give you less Danmaku hell.

But his last card is pissing me extremely off as LARGE WALLS OF bullets close you in and you cannot run anymore. VIRTUE OF A WIND GOD FOR SURE. ^%^#$@#.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Uwabami Breakers Final boss: Amakasu Barley Tenji (AFRO)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
URAAAAAAAAAAA

Yea I defeated him =| Don't ask how because the replay I got is like impossible how I managed to defeat him. Now I need to simply make it more perfect so I can post all three replays =.=

Edit: Also this picture made me lol:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:21:18 PM by Helepolis »

Re: Uwabami Breakers Final boss: Amakasu Barley Tenji (AFRO)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »
I like to eat hits without bombing for the duration of the battle until i get to this stupid attack.  Then I just shoot until a bullet is about to kill me, bomb, move up to point blank range, and it should finish the job.