Author Topic: Help me pick a new lunatic to 1cc  (Read 9281 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Help me pick a new lunatic to 1cc
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:42:54 AM »
I've been taking it easy from Touhou since I 1cc'd lunatic EoSD, but the time has come to make a triumphant return!...or dying alot to stage 3s and 4s on a new Touhou.

Anyway I was curious if anybody thought there was a touhou they thought was considered easier to 1cc on lunatic than the others. Knowing I already did EoSD which do you guys suggest would be the next step up. If they're all equal I'll just do PCB I guess since it's the most similar to EoSD.

I'm hoping you don't say MoF though. I really hate the bomb system in that game. while I hate SA's too, I'm memorized the stages somewhat decently on normal due to how much more I had to play that one to 1cc it so that should provide some advantage for me.

Or maybe I should practice the hell out of UFO demo (haven't played it at all yet)... And try to be one of the firstish people to beat it when it's released. hmmm.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Help me pick a new lunatic to 1cc
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »
LLS lunatic. Stop being racist against PC-98. :O Seriously, much of the game is simple streaming or tricks.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
LLS lunatic. Stop being racist against PC-98. :O Seriously, much of the game is simple streaming or tricks.

?

...excuse me while I try to 1cc with ReimuB.

Stupid Marisa ate 4 lives.

But yeah, go for LLS Lunatic.

If PC-98 isn't your thing (why wouldn't it be though?) then go for IN.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »
Eh, I have every intention of playing hte pc 98 games eventually. I just don't want to start until I'm done my windows touhou goal.

Plus I'm definately not gonna do lunatic LLS since I haven't even played it at all yet >=P. I'm not sure but I rekon you guys didn't touch the pc-98 touhous when you've only been playing touhou for less than 2 months too... I'll give it serious consideration anyway though if you say why >=P.

nintendonut888

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 07:41:54 AM »
I'm not sure but I rekon you guys didn't touch the pc-98 touhous when you've only been playing touhou for less than 2 months too...

You'd be surprised. :V I think it was about 3 days before my 2 month anniversary of getting the MoF demo that I got the PC-98 games. It's true I didn't get serious about playing them for a while after that though...

But LLS is very fun. Very rough around the edges (it was still the second danmaku shooter in the series), but very fun.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »
If I try one pc98 game, Imma prob try em all, and then I'm not gonna complete my 1 year goal prob... noo.. But trying out gengetu is tempting. I also wanna try the whatever wonderland one and see why exactly people think it sucks (how can a touhou game suck?!)..That and the first one since I rather did like arkanoid (way back in the day my friend had Arkanoid on his amiga computer. I coudln't believe it but if you do really good at the game, there actually is a final boss which is like a floating polygon head thing similar to the head boss in the first starfox game).

nintendonut888

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 08:01:56 AM »
SoEW is...a thing. Trust me, it stinks. But I imagine the only way you'd be able to understand is to play it and take in the horror. It's not the WORST game out there, but it's below average. To put it very simply though: You can't focus and there's no death bombs.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »
SoEW is...a thing. Trust me, it stinks. But I imagine the only way you'd be able to understand is to play it and take in the horror. It's not the WORST game out there, but it's below average. To put it very simply though: You can't focus and there's no death bombs.

No focus hurts me alot...
no deathbombs...meh. My fave touhou is still eosd, where deathbombing is not exactly something you can count on anyway either.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
Wow your a prodigy Ghaleon if 1cc'd EoSD Lunatic less than 2 months and also you should play PCB for the next game.
PS: I played PC-98 games before the window's games  :V
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »
How about starting with 1CC'ing with default lives?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »
Hey, congratulations on clearing lunatic in such a short amount of time.  I am radiating infinite amounts of Parsee right now. :P

If it's an easy Windows 1cc you want, then it would definitely be IN or (sorry) MoF, as they're by far the easiest.  I managed to clear the latter on my very first serious attempt (with some prior practice of course).  I almost did the same with IN, but failed by a pixel.  MoF is the easier of the two, but IN still gives you tons of bombs and a huge margin for error.  PCB and SA are in the middle ground; they're the most consistently hard games danmaku-wise, but give you a sizable amount of resources to compensate.  Though really, if you can 1cc EoSD then you could do any of them if you really wanted.  Just pick the one you like the most and roll with it.

As for pc-98, the first three games are fucking horrible and you should stay far, far away from them, but LLS and MS are Touhou classics.  Do yourself a favor and play them.  MS is probably better than LLS gameplay-wise (and harder to 1cc), but they're both lots of fun.  Great soundtracks too!

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »
I recommend MoF personally. It has very nice simple patterns that deal a lot more with dodging than streaming or memorization. On top of that, your bombs are based on your power, so it's much easier to play and get through. And if that wasn't awesome enough, you start with full lives in practice stages.

Either that or PCB. I personally wouldn't recommend IN but if you wanna clear it just for clearing it go ahead and do that first.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »
Story of Eastern Wonderland isn't bad, but it's simple.  VERY simple.  Very few attack patterns are all that interesting in it.

If you're looking for a relatively easy 1cc Lunatic, do IN.

nintendonut888

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
Hey. Hey. Azinth. HRtP is fun yo. Maybe I've just gone insane after beating both lunatic routes, but I can no longer say that HRtP is bad. Badly designed, yes, but once you learn how to play it's still fun. And PoDD...I discovered the trick to the phantasmagoria games is to make 1ccing a goal, not a mission.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 06:46:08 PM »
How about starting with 1CC'ing with default lives?

I forgot about this. I'm telling you the truth though, I've seen like 5 lunatic videos of people claiming 1cc, and ONLY kefit's had 3 lives.

I will attempt it sometime (maybe sooner than later actually). Reason why I have it set to 5 is because having 3 instead of 5 doesn't really alter the actual gameplay unless you plan on using your bombs ahead of time on certain moves, which I didn't do..ok so I made sure I had one bomb for scarlet meister lol, but that's it. My large goal is still to improve skill, setting to 5 doesn't really impede on that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Oh, you didn't 1cc with default lives? That really does invalidate your run unless you cleared with two lives remaining. See, two extra lives gives you essentially 8 extra chances, since three bombs per life plus the two hits you'd get from dying without bombs adds up to eight. I could 1cc EoSD lunatic in my sleep if I still played on max lives. The only game where it doesn't REALLY matter is SoEW, because lol playing on max lives puts you one below maximum (maximum is 6 lives, and max starts you with 5), so you have to start suiciding anyway to get all the lives (you even have to do this with default lives actually...).

And you've seen lunatic videos. Well, check out replays, and you'll notice most of them are default lives.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »
Oh, you didn't 1cc with default lives? That really does invalidate your run unless you cleared with two lives remaining. See, two extra lives gives you essentially 8 extra chances, since three bombs per life plus the two hits you'd get from dying without bombs adds up to eight. I could 1cc EoSD lunatic in my sleep if I still played on max lives. The only game where it doesn't REALLY matter is SoEW, because lol playing on max lives puts you one below maximum (maximum is 6 lives, and max starts you with 5), so you have to start suiciding anyway to get all the lives (you even have to do this with default lives actually...).

And you've seen lunatic videos. Well, check out replays, and you'll notice most of them are default lives.

I'm talking about replays. I got "halbrad"'s first 1cc, description something like "can't...breath". he had 5 lives.. I have "laggy''s first 1cc, again 5 lives. have 2 others (forget their names, I remember those 2 since I picked them for every touhou game pretty much), only one that had 3 was kefit's no focus run. (which I got mostly because I wanted to see reimuA in action more than no focus).

I'm pretty sure I can do it with default lives anyway after several frusterating attempts, which I think I'll do simply because I'm still having loads of fun with eosd.

Pretty sure my lunatic clear had 2 stupid stupid deaths on stage 5 with full bombs too. Plus I died as remi had like 1 hp left, doh.

nintendonut888

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »
Well, that was back in the old days when Kefit was apparently regarded as a god for 1ccing EoSD lunatic on default lives and it was previously thought to be impossible. These days it's more common, though IIRC it's still the least beaten lunatic for the Windows games.

Nuclear Fusion