Author Topic: What kind of Touhou fan would a Gensokyon be?  (Read 14244 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
What kind of Touhou fan would a Gensokyon be?
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:48:01 AM »
Inspired by this.

Ignoring the paradox of Touhou characters playing Touhou games - these speculations are based solely on personality types:

Who would have what as a favorite game?
What would their playing styles be like?
Who would use hacks, who would be a purist?
Who would be most likely to focus on the doujin mangas and less on the games, and who would be just a gamer?
Who would be a crazy-addicted fan with tons of merch and nothing but doujin remixes on their iPods, and who would be a little creeped out by the fanon?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:54:14 AM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: What kind of Touhou fan would a Gensokyon be?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:58:22 AM »
Parsee = easy mode player who glares at the lunatic players or indeed anyone who can 1cc normal. She also desperately wants music CDs, figurines, and doujin, but can never obtain them.

Alice = Touhou doll collector and hardcore gamer. Her dexterity allows her to play on a very high level, but she always uses the most unusual shot types in the games because "using the best shot type is so boring."

Prismriver Sisters = IOSYS. They create some genuinely good music, while others are just them screaming into instruments.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 03:00:21 AM »
Reimu and Yukari cheat.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:19:01 AM »
Marisa has a record of 1/500 or so in every Lunatic spellcard ever (At least she has captured them).
Also,
Gensokyon
Gensokyo~n

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 04:33:38 AM »
Genso-Kyon would be the straight guy, probably rolling his eyes everytime Reimu/Marisa went off on some silly youkai hunt.

nintendonut888

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 05:23:36 AM »
Kanako: Tried the games once, then onbashira'd the computer in rage. Just listens to music after that.

Rika: Danmakufu geek. 'nuff said.

Cirno: One of the fans who thinks that IOSYS created Touhou and not ZUN. Eventually learns about the real games and occasionally plays on lunatic, since that's the highest difficulty level. Has yet to get out of stage 1 though...

Come on people, it's fun~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:49:03 AM »
Aya: Uses game hacks to increase the game difficulty because "Lunatic is too slow". Post frequent replays on YouTube. Leaves comments on other peoples' replays - ""TAS'd".

Patchy: Plays Marisa B on MoF Easy mode, still gives up after Stage 3. Goes back to reading manga.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 05:52:17 AM »
Meiling: Plays extremely well on all games, but for some strange reason, cannot ever beat any stage 4.
Sakuya: Her reflexes make you think her replays are TAS'd.
Patchy: Plays Marisa B on MoF Easy mode, still gives up after Stage 3. Goes back to reading manga.
Also, avid writer of Fanfiction.
Remilia: Always picks the player that deals the most raw damage, and throws a tantrum every time she fails.
Flandre: NO ONE wants to be there when she ragequits. Ever.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 05:59:36 AM »
I wonder if Flandre can use her powers on entities within a computer game, i.e. in the real world, she does her destroy-anything power on a particularly tough boss, which then dies ingame.

It occurs to me that, if so, Flandre has the ability to kill people over the internet.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »
Kaguya is the person who has beaten every boss without losing a life or bombing and then uploaded every fight to youtube.
Suika plays extremely well b/c being drunk and playing touhou is always the key to success.
Nitori is a shameless hacker.
Reimu Torrents everything b/c she's cheap.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:04:44 AM by Cadmas »

nintendonut888

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 06:14:26 AM »
Right. Yukari would steal everything to get her merchandise via gaps. She'd naturally be very good at the games, and when she gets bored enough on lunatic she enters the games via border of fiction and reality and beats up the bosses inside the game.

And yes I am a Yukari fanboy why do you ask?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 06:45:08 AM »
Chiyuri: Would probably be an aggressive player and end up running into bullets and dying on Stage 1. Then proceeds to ragequit by beating her computer with a metal folding chair.

Yumemi: Would study the game relentlessly until her genius science brain cracked how to beat every spellcard flawlessly. Plays Lunatic in every game then gets bored and makes impossibly hard spellcards on Danmakufu.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Yumemi: Would study the game relentlessly until her genius science brain cracked how to beat every spellcard flawlessly. Plays Lunatic in every game then gets bored and makes impossibly hard spellcards on Danmakufu.
By that description, if Yumemi was in the fandom, I'm guessing OpenDMF would have been released years ago.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
Sakuya: Her reflexes make you think her replays are TAS'd.

Sakuya could probably do one of two things.

1: Slow down the speed ridiculously much so anything moves incredibly slow, thus doing everything perfectly.

2: In case she fails, she will just rewind the time a bit and try it again.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 06:22:23 PM »
Mokou and Kaguya: Incredibly competitive PoFV fans
Keine: PC-98 Elitist

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 06:39:30 PM »
Mystia would be the annoying cosplayer who sings songs from her new music CD constantly, bet on it.

Mima: She only plays PoDD and MS, because she's playable in those. Screw everything else.

Gambit

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »
Shikieiki would probably criticize everything about the games.

Tengukami

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 07:28:10 PM »
Shikieiki would probably criticize everything about the games.

And the way people play them:

"Ha, that stage was totally TAS'd. Look at the FPS. You can tell, it's so obvious."

"Wow, what are you, some kind of coward? You bomb way too often. You can totally stream that spellcard it's so easy."

"Your problem is you suck. Do you see that key next to your Z key, the one with the word SHIFT on it? Yeah, use it."

Quintafeira12

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 10:45:33 PM »
I think that most of the touhou characters would invariably suck at touhou.

Some of them would be too proud to, playing as reimu, beat themselves in-game.

Cirno would actually think she'd won after losing... Only she would lose for real against herslef anyways... On PCB...

and when she gets bored enough on lunatic she enters the games via border of fiction and reality and beats up the bosses inside the game.

Yukari, from Gensokyo, entering a video game to reach a fantasy world... which is hers...

My brain farted...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:53:28 PM by Quintafeira12 »

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
- Sakuya / Youmu / Ageha / Tateha = built-in slowdown mode.
- Reko (or Palm) / Vivit => they've cleared the games where they came from, they can clear Touhou as well V(^_^)V (Vivit would like to help Reimu, Marisa and Yuka, to compensate for defeating them, while Reko would avoid playing IN, StB and SA, since she wouldn't like to fight Wriggle and Yamame)
- Rumia = can't see shit captain
- Mima = mains Marisa in every game she's in, enjoys killing Reimu (as a playable character or not)
- Alice = enjoys killing Mima and Marisa (and thus, SoEW is her favorite game, followed by PoDD), would like to see Shinki return
- Yukari = Eirin = they can calculate the best ways to score in the games. But more likely are using this ability in other games/series.
- Yugi = clears SA in Ultratic while drinking sake. Or drinks sake while clearing SA in Ultratic.
- Flandre = can't finish EoSD Extra, will die to Starbow Break, destroy the computer and not learn about the safespot.
- Reisen = her favorite game is.. PatchCon
- Tewi = her favorite game is SWR
- Cirno = she'll play Cirno Training once. Since she can't lose in that game, she can't reach the Game Over screen (and thus, the Extra Mode), ever.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »
"Ha, that stage was totally TAS'd. Look at the FPS. You can tell, it's so obvious."
No, no.

She knows when you TAS, via her mirror.

nintendonut888

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 12:38:28 AM »
Aya: Fap to hentai because she's a slut Wouldn't really care about the games, but be a creator of memes and spread them everywhere. Would also run a blog about doujin and stuff and make it an extension of her newspaper.

China: Would listen to music on her iPod all day, wouldn't notice people passing through the gate.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:22 AM »
Yuka would say Touhou is casual-gamer easy and go back to 1LC No-vertical Dodonpachi and related games.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 04:21:51 AM »
Aya: Fap to hentai because she's a slut
Girls don't fap! Unless they use Eirin's really shady new drug ...

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
- Flandre = can't finish EoSD Extra, will die to Starbow Break, destroy the computer and not learn about the safespot.

Geez, you make it sound as if that one's any difficult.

Tengukami

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »
Sanae: Diligently practices, studying her replays, takes continues to learn harder stages, never studies the replays of others, and when she does 1cc, she jsut saves the replay and doesn't brag about it.

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
Geez, you make it sound as if that one's any difficult.

the point is, if she did realize that she had (has) a safespot in that sc, the safespot wouldn't be there (unless it's intentional. Who knows..)

anyways, Rika = would play other shmups, because they have more mecha than Touhou (or she would create a version of the TH games that contained mechanical enemies instead of fairies, lolis and etc)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

nintendonut888

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »
Sanae: Diligently practices, studying her replays, takes continues to learn harder stages, never studies the replays of others, and when she does 1cc, she jsut saves the replay and doesn't brag about it.

I think she'd play the games, not like them a whole lot, but be a very avid doujin reader/music listener. She only has one or two dolls, but she treasures them.

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 10:56:37 PM »
Oh yes -- Marisa would also be a shameless pirate and cheater.