Author Topic: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic  (Read 31051 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:59 AM »
I got two "Unbelievable" combos in Bejeweled 3 today (in separate games). That game just loves to hand out random combos to you for no reason. XD

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
I beat the First Stratum of EO3! :D

...and then I found out about that boss's conditional drop... :ohdear:

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Chapter 5x: n. The reveal of the fact that Ephraim is God.

Translation: I just cleared out the entirety of Chapter 5x in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones using Ephraim, which is when he's first introduced. He went straight from level 4 to level 13.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
Tales of the Abyss, in the Absorption Gate, fighting
Spoiler:
Master Van
. The dude hits Luke with one of his Arcane Arts, which might as well be a Mystic Art, and is juggling Luke for massive damage.

Then Tear unleashes her Mystic Art in the middle of his attack. ANNIHILATES him, and we win. Luke is still alive with a sliver of his health. I had no idea he was even alive until the result screen came up.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »
Chapter 5x: n. The reveal of the fact that Ephraim is God.

Translation: I just cleared out the entirety of Chapter 5x in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones using Ephraim, which is when he's first introduced. He went straight from level 4 to level 13.
...I will keep that in mind when I play that chapter. XD I was just gonna Arena Abuse everyone, but this is a very nice shortcut. =3

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
Then make sure you take Eiriel's route or whatever her name is, or else she's liable to get screwed over by the RNG when she gets auto-leveled up to make up for the split routes.

Also Gilliam. Gilliam is a physical god. You could potentially beat the entire game with just him alone.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
Then make sure you take Eiriel's route or whatever her name is, or else she's liable to get screwed over by the RNG when she gets auto-leveled up to make up for the split routes.

Also Gilliam. Gilliam is a physical god. You could potentially beat the entire game with just him alone.

But Ephraim's route is more fun :< It has Ephraim. And better map music.

...And Gilliam? Really? Um... Yeah, no. I leave him out of the party always <.< I have no need of someone who on average doesn't get above single digits on Speed before promotion. And as far as strength goes, I have Ross. Ross insta-kills things with Iron Axes. BEFORE reaching level 10. (Not counting his Journeyman levels)

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:15 AM »
Beating the last level of Ace Combat 5 with an F-14A. And I even shot down Replicator for good measure.

Ahhh, that was fun.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 02:53:09 AM »

It's Eirika and I'm not taking her route because I can't reach Amelia on her first map that easily. =< I'm using Arena Abuse too so... :V

Anyone can potentially be the best if they are given all the stat-up items, hehe. I got Vanessa to level 20 (working on Joshua now, dear gods the arena is mean to him), and I'm a little disappointed with her stats so far. >_> Why are PegKnights so fragile?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 04:13:28 AM »
>_> Why are PegKnights so fragile?
To make up for the fact that Low Turn play in FE games makes them the best units you can have.

Also: Seth.  Do it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:21:38 AM by Garlyle »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
To make up for the fact that Low Turn play in FE games makes them the best units you can have.
Max-efficiency runs don't TRAIN your Peg Knights, though.
When trained* PKs are generally good anyway.

*This implies that the PK in question actually can be trained; see Thany and FE10 Marcia

Also, FE8 isn't a difficult game to solo thanks to Tower abuse...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »

Also: Seth.  Do it.
Good point.

Also I didn't train Seth yet but thanks for the idea. :V

Also, FE8 isn't a difficult game to solo thanks to Tower abuse...
FE8 is pretty easy in general from what I heard. Just remove the character permadeath and weapon durability and you have something that resembles a very broken FFTA. I still wanna play it, darnit.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 05:57:56 AM »
I BEAT THE GHOST SHIP CHAPTER!

I DON'T CARE IF I HAD TO START A NEW RUN FROM SCRATCH IN NORMAL MODE, I BEAT THE FREAKING GHOST SHIP IN A NO TOWER RUN!

AND I ONLY HAD FIVE FRONTLINE CHARACTERS

OH GOD I AM SO GLAD TO BE PAST THAT

...I never want to see it in a No Tower run again. NEVER! Which means that I will never No Tower run Ephraim's route in Hard mode, but OH FREAKING WELL

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
FE8 is pretty easy in general from what I heard. Just remove the character permadeath and weapon durability and you have something that resembles a very broken FFTA. I still wanna play it, darnit.
It's impossible for a game to be more broken than FFTA and still be playable.

FE8's difficulty tends to come from having lots of low-power enemies swarming you, especially lategame.  Individually they're nothing to write home about but in large groups they don't ALL miss you.
Also, Shadowshot/Stone add a level of difficulty by themselves.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
...I never want to see it in a No Tower run again. NEVER! Which means that I will never No Tower run Ephraim's route in Hard mode, but OH FREAKING WELL
No Tower is the only way I played FE8 the last couple times I went through it.  Honestly.

...Mostly because I used the tower afterwards to spam supports to do the impossible and rack up 100% Supports.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
No Tower is the only way I played FE8 the last couple times I went through it.  Honestly.

...Mostly because I used the tower afterwards to spam supports to do the impossible and rack up 100% Supports.
I thought you could only get A-support with one character per unit, tho.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »
I thought you could only get A-support with one character per unit, tho.
Step 1: Don't get any supports at all during the main game, or at least until you have all characters.
Step 2: Save the game at this point on one file.
Step 3: Enter the first floor of the Tower of Valni, and wait for all C supports among the selected party to be formed.  Then retreat
Step 4: Re-enter, same party, get B supports
Step 5: Re-enter, same party, get A supports
Step 6: Save the game to a DIFFERENT file than the original one.  This tells the game's non-file-specific records that you got all of those A supports at some point.
Step 7+: Reload the original save, gather different A supports, and save to the secondary file each time.
Step Final: You now have 100% Support Library.

So long as you don't overwrite your original one, you'll unlock every support.  This also works for FE7, so long as you save at the chapter where you get Renault (The chapter before Dragon's Gate), instead of in the final one... but it's much harder to succeed in those instances.

EDIT: Maybe it's time for a Fire Emblem topic instead of hijacking this one?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:53:25 PM by Garlyle »

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 04:10:23 AM »
Ahahaha!

I finally headbutted someone into a tower as Alistar in League of Legends! I'm learning how to not be awful!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 05:07:19 AM »
@Garlyle
As thread GM, I have to give you an "I Don't Care" on that :P
This is, and will be, a thread for users to record their personal achievements and moments of "holy shit did you see what I just did" and for readers to discuss said achievemements and moments.

(besides isn't there already a FE topic w)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »
Why are PegKnights so fragile?

Because promoted PegKnights can wreck an entire map by themselves, provided you play safe and keep them away from Archers.

Seriously, high natural crit, ridiculous mdef, spears and swords, full maneuverability, and loads of speed? The only thing better is promoted Wyvern Riders, because they have massive regular defense and buckets of HP to toss around.

Wanna know what's fairly fun? Doing an all-mounted-unit run. Only Troubadours, Peg/Wyvern Riders, Calvary, and the like. And of course the Lords, cuz they magically sprout a horse from their crotch upon promotion (and Ephraim is a living God)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
Because promoted PegKnights can wreck an entire map by themselves, provided you play safe and keep them away from Archers.

Seriously, high natural crit, ridiculous mdef, spears and swords, full maneuverability, and loads of speed? The only thing better is promoted Wyvern Riders, because they have massive regular defense and buckets of HP to toss around.

Wanna know what's fairly fun? Doing an all-mounted-unit run. Only Troubadours, Peg/Wyvern Riders, Calvary, and the like. And of course the Lords, cuz they magically sprout a horse from their crotch upon promotion (and Ephraim is a living God)
I'll keep those in mind, then. ^_^

Not so much of an RNG moment as much as an accomplishment, but I FINALLY finished Lyn's story and now I'm in Eliwood's story, Ch14. Doing good so far, 13x gave me a bit of a snag. "Oh sure, protect Merlinus. We'll just put this hard-to-reach village with 5000 gold here where the bandits can just walk up and demolish it." =P Real smooth of you, Nintendo. But I have bested your challenge and I can carry things with me now! Haha!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »
I'll keep those in mind, then. ^_^

Not so much of an RNG moment as much as an accomplishment, but I FINALLY finished Lyn's story and now I'm in Eliwood's story, Ch14.

What level did you get Nils up to before finishing Lyn's story? If you play through on Hard Mode for Lyn, and gain control immediately and whatnot instead of dealing with 'NO YOU HAVE TO GO HERE OR I'LL MELT YOUR GAME CARTRIDGE', and you can get Nils up over level 7, you unlock a bonus chapter later on... though I'm not sure if that's Hector's mode only or not :ohdear:

Either way, Nils and Ninian are seriously amazing characters to use, especially with their bonus stat skills.
(Also if you go through Lyn Hard, power level one of the Cavaliers and use the Knight Crest on them! Wallace isn't that great anyways, not compared to Oswin - even IF you max him out (somehow) in the tutorial and promote him at level 20)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
What level did you get Nils up to before finishing Lyn's story? If you play through on Hard Mode for Lyn, and gain control immediately and whatnot instead of dealing with 'NO YOU HAVE TO GO HERE OR I'LL MELT YOUR GAME CARTRIDGE', and you can get Nils up over level 7, you unlock a bonus chapter later on... though I'm not sure if that's Hector's mode only or not :ohdear:

Either way, Nils and Ninian are seriously amazing characters to use, especially with their bonus stat skills.
(Also if you go through Lyn Hard, power level one of the Cavaliers and use the Knight Crest on them! Wallace isn't that great anyways, not compared to Oswin - even IF you max him out (somehow) in the tutorial and promote him at level 20)
It's Hector only, sadly.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »
I just levelled up Nils anyways after killing Lundgren, just for that purpose. My rank is prolly gonna be in shambles when I finish the game, though...XD

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »
Getting Boost Quality +3, Boost Effect +3, Narrow Range +3, Restrict Range, and Satisfy +3 onto a Tera bomb is surprisingly easy.

Too bad it's too late for me to get those 80 quality traitless Plogestions from Esty. Oh well, I can settle for partially broken. Besides, while it's fun making it and all, I'm more the kind that prefers to dispense one bomb per random battle, and therefore only really need Narrow Range +1.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 01:43:59 PM »
Kokushi Musou ron. Feb 17, 2011.

Bonus Fight Orb for Yakuman Win.

Hit Lv21 Kouryuu rank :*

Last time I got a Kokushi Musou in that blasted Mahjong vidya game was 2007!

for those not in the know, Mahjong Fight Club games ranking system is like this:

10 Kyu <-- start here
1 Kyu
--- Enter Sacred Beast level
Sacred Beast 1 dan
Sacred Beast 9 dan
Sacred Beast Master
--- Summon Kouryuu
Kouryuu Lv1
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:45:48 PM by Miss Violet »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
Did this yesterday, but the forum upgrades held me off. I went to the local arcade and played DDR for the first time in months. I expected to be out of shape, but I fared much better than I thought I would. Surprisingly, whatever timing skills I had didn't seem to degenerate, as I scored a new SDG on B4U (Heavy, of course).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2011, 03:35:16 AM »
Curb stomped Dark Fawful out of fuckin' nowhere in my No Equipment Low Level BIS run :] :] :]
He spammed that freaking purple orb attack. Like a 1 - 2 - something else - 3 - something else - 1 - 2 pattern.
Ah well. You know what they say, the best defense is a good offense, I suppose.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »
Got 14 out of the 15 medals in Company of Heroes' Invasion of Normandy campaign. Closing the Falais pocket at Chambois for the last mission was phenomenal, as was the whole game. Not to mention that storming the enemy base with a giant Pershing tank is a party in and of itself. It's a shame so many people just never caught on to it.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 12:41:20 AM »
It took me 70 minutes, and six retry clocks, but I beat the final boss of Mario & Luigi: BIS without using any equipment (and without the game breaking special attacks) at LEVEL 22.