Author Topic: Anime OP's and ED's  (Read 14829 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Anime OP's and ED's
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 04:44:49 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBc-ya7qdnM Sakura Taisen OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVlAy2p4RHM Rurouni Kenshin ED3 - Heart of Sword
aaaaaaaaaaa you beat me to theeeeeeeem

I do not watch very much anime, but I will add what I can.

To this formidable list, I shall add two nostalgia bombs: the OP to Digimon Adventure, Butter-fly, and Digimon Tamers' first ED, My Tomorrow.

And since VIVI took Sailor Moon's two OP songs, I will add Sailor Moon SuperS' first ED, Rashiku Ikimasho. The lyrics are.... a thing, but I always found it terribly catchy.

Moreover, I am also a die-hard fan of Fushigi Yuugi, and actually went out of my way to not only read the... 28 volumes, was it? of the manga, and then proceeded to watch the entire anime, then obsessively hunted down the two OAVs and Eikoden, which is the most amount of hunting for any anime I've ever seen. And then I got into Genbu Kaiden. But during all of that, I picked up some rather nice music to listen to, which I will now share here.

Fushigi Yuugi's OP, Itooshi Hito no Tameni, is fine, but it gets old after hearing it for a while. They should have used the fucking awesome Romance remix instead. Its EDs, on the other hand, are fantastic. Its ED animation in the top right corner was different for every episode; here's episode 12's, as well as the full version, both of which are wonderful ear worms.

The first OAV's ending is Ashita No Watashi Wo Shinjitai (full version). I should note here that none of these are really traditional EDs; instead of having some brand-new animation, they're basically montages of Yuu Watase's (amazingly beautiful) art.

The second OAV has Yume Kano Shirenai (full version) as its ED. The 90's brought me wonderful things. This is one of them. It also has Star as its OP. I don't like it quite as much as its ED, but Yume Kano Shirenai is really hard to compete with anyway. And FY's EDs had a tendency to be better than the OPs.

And lastly, Eikoden has Chijyou no Seiza, which is... actually pretty haunting. Even if the main character/villain is the incarnation of distilled bitchiness, I still looked forward to each episode for this reason. (That, and watching her downfall.) Full version.

Bonus: Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden's video game OP, Towa no Hana, which among other things confirms that only Genbu, Seiryuu, and Suzaku get awesome OPs, and Byakko can just go fuck itself until it gets good music for its cast. God I love Towa no Hana. :* :* :*

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 05:24:24 AM »
Do English anime OPs count? If so I would like to throw in
the cardcaptors OP (my childhood, also catchy)
the Shaman King OP(see Cardcaptors)
Dragon Soul(DBZ: Kai)(not sure what to say, just seems like a solid entry)
100% Sparking(Negima)
Pokemon Johto( I like this one more than the first)

I'm also a big Masaaki Endoh fan, so I'll throw in these:
Believe in Nexus(Yugioh 5D's OP 4)( Love the hotbloodedness in this one. I remember how hyped everyone was when we learned that Masaaki Endoh was doing the OP.)
Road to Tomarrow~ Going my Way~(Yugioh 5Ds OP 5)(imagine how we felt when we were getting a second one, IN A ROW, I like the first one better, but it's grown on me)
Ai wo Torimidose(Fist of the North Star OP1)(If he didn't do the original, does it still count? )

Here's a bunch of other stuff
Eternal Blaze (Nanoha A's OP)(My favorite Nanoha OP, I like how energetic the song is.
Innocent Starter(Nanoha OP)(underrated, but still worth mentioning)
Nanoha ED (might not be as good, but I'm a sucker for Engrish)
Panty and Stocking ED(see above, though I think this one's actually pretty solid)
ALONES(Bleach OP 6) My favorite Bleach song, except for maybe Veronica, ether way, same band.
Veronica(Bleach OP?(maybe 8-9) This came after I started losing interest in the Bleach anime, but I still like it. There may not be much movement, but it looks so cool. I just really like the style.

Looking at the other posts, I thought mine felt weak, so I added a few comments.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:38:42 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:32 AM »
Hm...  Most of the OPs I can remember are covered.  But for EDs....

.hack//Sign's end was reason enough for me to watch the series.  Yuki Kajiura  :*

In similar vien I loved the Noir ED.  In fact that series entire soundtrack is amazing.

I fell in love with turn A Gundam's ED before ever seeing an episode.

Le Portrait De La Petite Cossette was an excellent OVA, and it has an excellent ED to go with it.

Hm... That's all I can think off off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:16:41 AM by IcedFairy »