Author Topic: 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors  (Read 25497 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Re: 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2011, 12:09:22 AM »
Sudden realization why the last door is the way it is.
Spoiler:
What language was the game originally written in? And what is "9"?

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:12 AM »
Spoiler:
Nice catch

Spoiler:
It's japanese, so 9 = kyuu = Q oh snap :V

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2011, 03:05:38 AM »
Spoiler:
There are one or two things I'm mad about, mind you - "Junpei doesn't reunite with Akane and Aoi" being the main one

If it makes you guys feel any better, in context that line was likely made tongue-and-cheek, so don't take it so literally.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
Saw all six endings while my internet was out.

Here's something cute I noticed: Akane's fevers kick up when
Spoiler:
Junpei is about to or has already made a choice that takes him away from the True End. Her fever now is a sign of burning to death nine years ago.

Aaaaaand a bunch of questions.

Spoiler:
Junpei dismissed Snake's idea that Santa was Zero and that June's bracelet was upside down because that would mean there were two 9 bracelets, and that would mean... what, exactly?

Spoiler:
What does Alice have to do with anything? The whole Ice-9 side plot is irrelevant to the story, since it contains no information on morphogenetic fields. Also, how did she get from the Gigantic to Nevada, and how did Hongou not find her on the Gigantic? And how did the herb get in the coffin?

Spoiler:
What was the storage room on C-deck for? You can see it on the map, but I don't remember ever visiting it.

Spoiler:
When he got captured nine years ago, Seven woke up in one of the cells. By the time he escaped, the Nonary Game was almost done. Was he just going to be left to drown when the Gigantic sank? If so, why capture him at all?

Spoiler:
How did Ace not get splattered with blood when he killed Musashidou? The axe is clearly shown, and just as clearly covered in drops of blood.

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
Spoiler:
What does Alice have to do with anything? The whole Ice-9 side plot is irrelevant to the story, since it contains no information on morphogenetic fields. Also, how did she get from the Gigantic to Nevada, and how did Hongou not find her on the Gigantic? And how did the herb get in the coffin?
Spoiler:
Supposedly how Ice-9 happens is that water 'communicates' through morphogenetic fields, which is why all ice changed freezing temperature desipte there being no physical contacts

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:08 AM »
Spoiler:

I thought I wasn't the only one bothered by this.

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
Lumber: Go read the answers page at the 999 official website - things like your observation are mentioned there, plus answers to some of your questions like
Spoiler:
that was not Alice in the Nevada desert - you just thought that was her 'cause it was how everyone else imagined she'd be like.