Author Topic: Touhou Remix Music - General Discussion and Favorite Arranges 2  (Read 5031 times)

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
Touhou Remix Music - General Discussion and Favorite Arranges 2
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »
Original Thread Here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,5484.0.html

Didn't want to bump it, so here's the second.
Want to let the world know your favorite remix artists? Think a certain song/circle is underappreciated? Looking for that person who appreciates Sepette Remix #37 as much as you do? Well here ya go! Just remember no download links, buy the albums, etc.
Thanks Nobu for a great topic!

Youtube/Nico is fine
===============================================
Cytokine
Well, I got these two albums the other day:

The Tower / Released March 14th 2010

Track List:
01  creeping indication
 02  Shattered Emotion
 03  the otherside of Destiny -White Lotus
 04  nUCLEAR FUSION (OTAKU-ELITE friendship-in-hell mix)
 05  next step flows
 06  Words & Tears
 07  LIGHTS in the BABEL
 08  a. shi. ta.

Webpage: http://cytokine-web.com/sound/TheTOWER/theTOWERpage.htm

And:

Bifurcation / Released August 15th 2009 (Comiket 76)

Track List:
 1  Nu:world → 少女が見た日本の原風景
  2  R.E.D → U.N.オーエンは彼女なのか?
  3  wish 4 shadows → 幽霊楽団 ~ Phantom Ensemble
  4  lights → 春色小径 ~ Colorful Path
  5  everlasting circle → 月まで届け、不死の煙
  6  across the border of life → ボーダーオブライフ
  7  nUCLEAR FUSION → 霊知の太陽信仰 ~ Nuclear Fusion
  8  bifurcation → ヒロシゲ36号 ~ Neo Super-Express 

Webpage: http://cytokine-web.com/archives/2009/08/07_201400.php

All artwork for Cytokine's albums are produced by Kabayaki Unagi. (Danbooru Link. In case if you're wondering, it's the name of a dish!
=================================================

Well, I haven't finished listening to these albums. I first got interested in Cytokine because:

They had a very good song in Syrufit's "Where is Love" where they produced Track 12 "Luvstruck"

I have not heard anything like it, and I liked it a lot! I couldn't stop listening to the preview before the album was released. The music was excellent, but the vocal totally ruins it. Why? It is so unlike Mei Ayakura to not have a good song!

Well, the song's lyrics are entirely written in English, so there's a good part of your answer, but Mei's voice sounds terribly drowned out at times.

Well anyway, then I noticed that Cytokine released "Voice Blinded Color" which was pretty cool~

...I'll continue this topic later. My opinion on Voice Blinded Color is here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,5484.msg410280.html#msg410280

In short:
The Tower is a pretty good album, but as you can tell by the cover art, there's a lot of BYAKUREN in thar~
Some songs will sound plain, others will sound too dull~

I've had way too many remixes of Byakuren's theme. Kind of like too many mixes of Flan's theme... it gets old...
But there's good music in there. Especially D. Watt's "Nuclear Fusion Remix," that was awesome, and aki's voice is not bad!

It might take a while getting used to. Her voice kind of has the same "piercing your ear" element that many loli-vocalists have, but she's not a loli vocalist by any means. I'm just so used to listening to something more like Aki Misawa, Misato, etc. Her voice is good, though.

-----------------

I haven't listened to Bifurcation enough to be able to say an opinion about it.
I do think you should give these two a try, though. Cytokine isn't bad, in fact, they're pretty good

//////////////////////////////////////////////
What else I'm listening to:
ALiCE's EMOTiON's: Tois Rouge
Alstroemeria Record's: Trois Noir
Sound Online's: Trois Bleu
Sound Online's: NOSTALGIA
Sound Online's: Hydrangea
Urgh. This album could be garbage, but I'd be forced to change my music tastes because of that wonderful album cover.
Alstroemeria Record's of Memories actually turned out very good. The only not-so-good songs are those containing loli vocals.

Music <3
Can't thank those doujin artists enough

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Re: Touhou Remix Music - General Discussion and Favorite Arranges 2
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
my favourite touhou albums?
they must be ARCHIV-EAST by WAVE and CHANNEL?NODEⅡby t=NODE.
they are full of music that is exactly the kind I love, ARCHIV-EAST consists of 3 disks full of techno, classic and experimental stuff while CHANNEL?NODEⅡis one big song divided into a few tracks. just incredible masterpieces.