Author Topic: Touhou RPG Project  (Read 5866 times)

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
Touhou RPG Project
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
I've been wanting to create a Touhou RPG for some time now. I have come to the realization that I can't possibly do this by myself.
I plan to have a concept video up by next week if all goes well. I'll need some help as this is my very first game project, and it's a very promising concept. It will use the RPG Tankentai ATB battle system.
I'll need:
A character and enemy spriter, story and plot help, an action sequencer for the RPG Tankentai ATB battle engine, map design, tileset design, etc.
My preferred method of contact is through Skype. My Skype name is omfg007. Post on this thread first though so I know who I'm talking to. Feel free to ask any questions here or through Skype.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:18:28 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
Re: A Touhou RPG Maker VX project
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
I'd be glad to help out with the story. My mapping abilities are... above average, I guess?
Also, this is the first time I've heard about that battle system. Could you describe it?

My Skype username is Karanum. Feel free to contact me whenever you want.
I can only send text messages for now though since my headphones are broken.  :V

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »
Well, I'd love to see more Touhou RPGs and am thus inclined to help in any way possible, but I'm afraid I can only help with story and plot related things. (I might be able to handle concept art etc., but I'm terrible at spriting.  :V) Anyway, if there's anything I can do, I'd love to help.

But anyway, I can't wait to see where this project is going. Good luck!

Also, this is the first time I've heard about that battle system. Could you describe it?

ATB (Active Time Battle) battle system is a side-viewed battle system (as opposed to the Dragon Quest-style front-viewed one) most famously used by SNES and PSX Final Fantasies. It's quite enjoyable to play.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »
New VERY early concept video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOci1cZ_-c
The Reimu sprite is terrible and the face is stolen from Touhou Labyrinth.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:47 AM »
Here's what I have for plot at the beginning.

Reimu is cleaning up her Shrine. She hears something. Upon investigation, she discovers an outsider human.
I seriously need to brainstorm.

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Another one. I'll keep an eye on you, hope you go somewhere.

Just out of curiosity. What kind of scripts are you using, aside from Tankentai? I see you've got woratana's Monster Book though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:15:07 PM by Kirin »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
I've been meaning to try out a Touhou RPG (though on Game Maker; RPG Maker is a TAD restrictive). I wish you luck.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »
For the name of the game, Touhou RPG Project just seems so perfect.

Story so far:

Reimu is sweeping around the shrine when she hears a cry for help. Upon investigation, she discovers an outsider human being attacked by Rumia. After Reimu defeats Rumia, she helps the human to the human village.

As for the human, I have big plans. Either he becomes the main hero, or the main villain. Not sure which yet.

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
Re: Touhou RPG Project
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
That looks pretty fun, I'm looking forward to the finish

Mokou Fan