Author Topic: The Winter 2011 Season for Anime Thread  (Read 67572 times)

Wark

Re: The Winter 2011 Season for Anime Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »
Wow... the ending of Yumekui merry was bad.... really really bad.

Spoiler:
They didn't finish off Parade so that Isana wouldn't lose her Dream. Then in the final fight Merry punches him into oblivion regardless and Isana doesn't lose her dream...?

Spoiler:
Well, as far as I understand, people lose dreams only if their Dream Demon is actually killed, while Merry just "sends them back" to the dream world. She didn't deal with Parade earlier only because somebody (think it was Landsbourough, that clown-like demon, although I may be wrong here) said that Merry was killing the demons she tried to send back, so she was afraid to use her power.

But yeah, overall the ending turned out to be quite predictable, and
Spoiler:
that "power of will" thing felt kind of cheap.
Spoiler:
I mean, seriously, Chizuru irretrievably sacrifices her dreams AND soul to do absolutely nothing, while for Yumeji it's enough to "have faith" to win?!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: The Winter 2011 Season for Anime Thread
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
I have finally watched the last 5 episodes of Fractal. I dunno. Yamakan said that he probably went insane because Fractale is a failure. Then, I may have gone insane with him too, because I feel Fractale is one of the best animes of recent times.

Now of course, it's not perfect, it should have got the ARIA treatment: ARIA was too only 13 episodes long, and while it was great, it wasn't much... then it got 38 more episodes, even if 13 episodes were cut from the plans of the last season due to directoral idiocy. Still, if Fractale would have been a 24-26 episodes long anime, it would have been one of the best things in existence.

Though I have to say, this was also the anime experience what was almost ruined by this thread, and me always spoiling myself. When I read this thread about the ending, I thought it will be a copout, or worse, and ending like "it was just a dream and Bobbie Ewing is taking a shower in the bathroom" (<- I know no-one will get this reference), however, while it was hinted those theories about mindscape and whatnot, it was still a good ending, without any bullshit. Not the best, of course, but not that idiotic either.