Author Topic: Bringing the gaming community closer on MoTK through private battle.net  (Read 28439 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Bringing the gaming community closer on MoTK through private battle.net
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:06 AM »
Minecraft is out of the question sadly as it requires an obscene amount of resources to run (try 2gb of ram minimum).

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2010, 07:26:20 AM »
RO server eh? What rates? I go for around 15x myself.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
yeah 15-25x in that range, nothing too ridiculously high. I take that back, my counterpart in crime (who's going to co-GM) wants 77/77/99 (I assume to make things quicker), so that's what it'll be.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:17:14 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »
Say hello to Henrietta, our game server, and her handler Matsuri.  He's pretty much going to be the goto guy managing it (of course I'll be teaching him :V).

Right now what's slated is a BNetd server, and an RO server, as well as moving the Nethack/etc stuff to it.  If you got any suggestions now's the time to make them.
Ace++ . You just earned one naked Satori/

@_@

Please bear with me as I learn this stuff. :ohdear:
WORK FASTER FOR THE SDM.

Matsuri

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
yeah 15-25x in that range, nothing too ridiculously high. I take that back, my counterpart in crime (who's going to co-GM) wants 77/77/99 (I assume to make things quicker), so that's what it'll be.

Damn. With those rates, I myself may be trying RO again.

Just a little.

:<

Matsuri

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »
You know you want to~  >:D

No I dooooooon't--

is that a Johnny Bravo genderswap :|

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
About the RO server, will it be using renewal mechanics?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »
If you mean the Renewal client, yes.  I dunno if I'll enable 3rd job classes, from what I hear they're stupid buggy.  I am building off the latest SVN checkout.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »
If you mean the Renewal client, yes.  I dunno if I'll enable 3rd job classes, from what I hear they're stupid buggy.  I am building off the latest SVN checkout.

They're only buggy if the players playing actually bother to keep their stuff up-to-date with what the client the server's using.

Otherwise the only "bugs" you will encounter are some minor functionality glitches, as far as I'm concerned. If you care at all about 3rd jobs being ridiculously sick though, you wouldn't be using them. Though it'd suck for me as I would miss gallivanting around as a battle AB Duple Lighting the fuck outta everything.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »
That's Aelya's call.  I dunno I'm going to run a ninjer or a SB sin myself.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 07:11:52 AM »
77x sounds kinda high to me but then I remembered you need like three times as much XP to level after you Trans so I guess it's not that huge.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »
77x sounds kinda high to me but then I remembered you need like three times as much XP to level after you Trans so I guess it's not that huge.

77x is actually consider "mid-rate," while it is generally fast for classes such as TU Priests and Wizards, it's still not going to be fast for classes that don't have ezmodo avenues for levelling such as merchants who need to adapt to Mammonite build for easier levelling or FS Priests who cannot solo level period unless they want to healbomb some bitches in gl_(x)...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
The last thing I need to do is get sucked back into RO. If you guys do put up a server, it will be very difficult for me to resist it.  :ohdear:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »
To those who voted no, are there potentially any other games you'd be interested in that we could host?  Suggestions for other games are fine.
Dunno, but most of what's on Bnet is out since I don't know where I put my install discs.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 04:15:45 AM »
It's not quite that simple. Were I to vote, I would vote no, but only because I don't do online gaming.

If the question were "Would you like to see an MotK hosted Battle.net server?" then I'd probably vote Yes even though I'd never use it, because it would make a bunch of other people happy and provide this site with additional content. Beefing up MotK's functional content is something I would like to see more than just about anything else that's happened here in the last year and a half.
Iiiih, n-nevermind I voted for Yes then. I don't play WoW, DoTA or any Blizzard Games I might have only heard of / watched >.<;;...

... Or, uhh, if it's used for HatOnline / RO private server anyway, then...uhh...... Yay! >w<
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer