Author Topic: Touhou DS!  (Read 66842 times)

Re: Touhou DS!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
It says:

Invalid Installation

Please make sure the game data is stored in /TouhouDS/

nevermind it's working now
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:00:47 PM by mew77 »

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »
Invalid Installation

Please make sure the game data is stored in /TouhouDS/

The game data is in the wrong location or it's missing completely.

Quote from: readme.txt
1. Put the TouhouDS folder inside the root folder of your flashcard.
2. Run "TouhouDS.nds"

Maybe you have the "TouhouDS" folder in a subfolder "/TouhouDS-0.9/TouhouDS". Flashcards generally don't support relative paths, so the game data must be in a folder named "TouhouDS" and that folder must be in the root directory.

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »
Just curious, is there a way to make the death animation more dramatic...currently the only way I can tell is the sound effect and i can sometimes miss that.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
0.9 has a small glitch where you touch screen fails after you quit a game

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »
I don't know if anyone else gets it, but I occasionally get an error with the SA 11 Marisa. Something about a caching a  nil value I think? I don't remember much at the moment but It'd keep the text about the error on the top, and you could keep playing, but Marisa wouldn't shoot anything.

If I get it again I'll try to add more details, but placing a fresh download on my DS would fix it until I got it again.

I'm really hoping this turns out to be more successful [not to mention easier to find] then the PSP touhous, but I've really been enjoying this when I'm not playing the official touhous. ^_^

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
I feel that the player character doesn't move fast enough.

Personally i'm finding minimal differences in movment speed between focused and unfocused, perhaps it's jsut the characters I'm playing.

That is all.

Sriggle

• Drop the pills!
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
I hate to necropost, but..

I have a problem.

The aforementioned "Invalid Installation

Please make sure the game data is stored in /TouhouDS/"-blue screen shows up.

I used winzip to unzip everything into a TouhouDS folder in the root directory of my flash card.

Still, the abovementioned blue screen shows up.

Why?
Japanese progress: To the point where I can read a manga with the help of an electronic dictionary.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
Is it in the original "TouhouDS" folder or one you made yourself

Sriggle

• Drop the pills!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »
I think I'll have to say I made this one myself?

Should Powerarchiver automatically create a folder when unzipping? Because that hasn't happened.
Japanese progress: To the point where I can read a manga with the help of an electronic dictionary.

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 12:38:30 AM »
I'm sorry for bringing up such an old topic ^^;;

I've been dabbling a bit with this project for a while now, but I've only recently gotten the skill to actually do anything. I've recreated the six premade stages into a HARD level (Seriously, I didn't do much, I don't think I even changed Yuyuko's at all :derp: ) And I've created a Phantasm stage (attacks heavily based around yuyuko's, but beefed up. and I even added one of my own similar to "Butterfly Pyrotechnics") If there is somewhere I can upload the needed files, I can. I've even dragged out some music files (though I'm not sure if I should be using anything by IOSYS or EASTNEWSOUND  :ohdear: )

I'm currently working on adding the PoFV characters, so if anyone here has Ideas for shot patterns, it would be appriciated. ^^  I've also been looking into bomb editing (though I've been told I cant create new bombs) I'd like to see how I can manipulate the ones already made...

Again, really sorry for necro-posting, But this project has really motivated me to look more into programing.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 01:27:22 AM »
Great :3

there's always mediafire for free hosting needs
http://mediafire.com/

Was waiting for people to make user content for this game since i was too lazy to make some myself xD

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 04:24:03 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmd3y2nyddgyr01

I think this worked... just include the files and allow folders to merge. If you don't have Vanishing_Point.mp3 in the bgm folder, then the stage will have NO music.

I will eventually upload a version with this audio if I get a better internet connection and if I'm allowed to post content like that here :ohdear:

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:39 PM »
w00 some one actually made something for this yay ill try it out and let you know what i think ^_^

personally i'm not that good at touhou though ;.; i am working on programming levels for another bullethell engine though so if i come up with some interesting ideas for patterns ill share them

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
Am I the only guy who can't play this well enough to beat stage 1 because the split in half screen totally screws with you? Any other touhou game I do fine, but I really can't handle the multi screen feature.

KuraiShoka

• Now son, don't touch that cactus...
  • Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
Am I the only guy who can't play this well enough to beat stage 1 because the split in half screen totally screws with you? Any other touhou game I do fine, but I really can't handle the multi screen feature.

Don't feel bad, it took me about 3 obsessive hours to overcome that  :V

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
For anyone who did download my phantasm stage, I'm also going to work on HARD stages (because it wasn't touhou enough if I can 1cc it :3 )

so, any suggestions on what I can do would be appriciated. and feedback on the posted stage too ^^

KuraiShoka

• Now son, don't touch that cactus...
  • Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »
so, any suggestions on what I can do would be appriciated.

You were saying something about making some of the PoFV characters (something I've started doing in danmakufu)
If you want to make them full characters, my opinion is to look at their charge attack. An example would be Komachi. If you charge and shoot, she has those coins that home in on enemies. If you look at a typical character, they have options/slaves/familiars by them.
You could try using the PoFV character's regular shot as their DS Counterpart's main attack, and have the charge attack as the attack that spawns from the option by them (like Komachi's coins)

Sorry if my post is confusing  :V

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 04:37:22 AM »
actualyy, yeah. thanks. (I already did Komachi's homing coins)  I have ALL the PoFV character sprites. I just need to study or get info on their shot patterns.

Something else I noticed, If you have more than one page of characters, The game glitches getting to the second page

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
I think I've come up with a way to get conversations (sorta...)

Create new images (with transparent backgrounds) and set them As bullets or enemies or some other kind of object. then set each piece on the screen (In the appropriate places) for a specific amount of time. (during which time no other enemies or bullets will appear) Sure it could be complicated and may have a ton of bugs, but I think it could work... maybe... possibly...

>.>  Imma try it :derp:

(also, I cant get my copy of PoFV to work and my friend has the installation disk in another state because he's visiting family >.o Is there a list of descriptions of each character's PoFV attacks/shots? That would be very very helpful)

((I also read that Touhou DS has alternate route capabilities?? How does that work/how can I implement it?))

draganuv15

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »
There are invalid links for all mediafire links you've provided for the games :(

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
There are invalid links for all mediafire links you've provided for the games :(

If you meant for the TouhouDS game and files: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ydrmmzmzx and http://www.mediafire.com/?ojjhk32imyz both work. the second includes source files. both found at http://weeaboo.nl/index.php?cat=8

If you meant the one on this page (for the phantasm stage) http://www.mediafire.com/?nmd3y2nyddgyr01 works, I just tried it.

draganuv15

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
If you meant for the TouhouDS game and files: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ydrmmzmzx and http://www.mediafire.com/?ojjhk32imyz both work. the second includes source files. both found at http://weeaboo.nl/index.php?cat=8

If you meant the one on this page (for the phantasm stage) http://www.mediafire.com/?nmd3y2nyddgyr01 works, I just tried it.

Tested, they work thanks!

Serina

• Evening Star
  • I like Danmakufu
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
I was playing it yesterday, it's very good. Playing on a DS screen is better than i tought. I'm making some custom players and it's not hard.
Where is that Phantasm stage ? :V

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »

Where is that Phantasm stage ? :V

That work? :3 I'd love some feedback

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMd6XQVros

oh look, Its me again :v
I have been working both on adding my original characters (male, but gay. is it allowed in touhou? XD ) Anyway, I've also been working on making my own spells instead of simply editing old ones (Which I kinda failed at, but I did vastly change them...)

Uhm... the files look like frankenstein (and look worse than the video x.x; ) So I'm going to take the time to clean them up (and properly credit the stolen source spells)
after I upload the stage, if someone could make an efs(?) [emulator usable] version with this course in it (and the phantasm course) I'd love to have them so I can get some good quality videos.

Now on the miniboss... I learned that the main.pds whatever file couldn't access a file I made as tex_miniboss (in the correct formats mind you) so I took my miniboss and threw him into an unused space on the tex_enemy files. I had to shrink him so he would fit. (he's a mini-miniboss :D )  I realllllly liked flan's spell "Spinning Rainbow" so my boss kinda stole that spell bigtime... Anyway, I will make two versions of this when I set it up to be uploaded. one with Shiro (my original character) and the other with Flandre (maybe I'll use flandrisa as the miniboss that time...)

The spells: SPOILER ALERT KINDA :3

1st Spell - Spiritual Flames (EASY LEVEL SPELL)
basicly i ripped the fairy from the begining of chen's stage (I think it was hers) and added the explosion from the "spinners" enemy and a special chaser bullet attack of my own :D

2nd Spell - Ring of Tricks (NORMAL LEVEL SPELL)
I think I may have changed this since the video... but only a little bit... it's a daisychain of cards, similar to one of moukou's spells... infact I looked to that spell to make sure I was doing it right. No, it was not copied. There is a definate difference X3

3rd Spell - Twisted Humor (HARD LEVEL SPELL)
Oh my god I did this all mysel-no I stole it from flan's Spinning Rainbow Spell x.x;; Dont tell her... >.>  Anyway, its a fast, hard-hitting mix of Flan's spell and the first two of my own. I like it :v

4th Spell - ~Last Word~

ok, no, not a hull spell. it's about 10 seconds long. it's actualy foreshadowing the last spell...

5th Spell - Hell's Dropzone (LUNATIC LEVEL SPELL)
personally... I think I've only beaten this spell one time. and it WAS entirely made on my own X.x
Honestly, I cant describe this spell, it's beautiful and infuriating... the idea behind it was to use dropping shots that slowly home in. kinda like Cirno's spell with Shen's technique. But I assure you, This spell was written by me and I'm very proud of it :D

the stage... it's ALMOST entirely other stage pieces. some things were changed and a miniboss was created, kinda.

the miniboss's spell is actually the boss's second spell at a much easier level.

The player I used:
He is Kuro, a black wolf, opposite of this stage's boss, Shiro, the white fox.
Kuro's bombs are the default MoF bomb and the "Awkward Silence" which is basicaly Marisa's Master Spark but with almost no graphics. just an awkwardsilence of enemy bullets and a !? over the player.
His shots are Butterflies and Knives (shots are linked to the character's story, the graphics used in this character were all drawn by me, EXCEPT the MoF bomb)

anyway, enjoy. I love this project and it's fun to play around with different spells.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:06:01 PM by Deishido »

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
Hey, sry for interrupting, but I need a little help...

I want to play TouhouDS on my Ds-Lite, with the Action Replay DSi, I?ve already patched the game, that I don?t get bluescreens, and I?ve solved the problem with the /touhouDS/ File... but when I start the game, both screens become white, and nothing happens.

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 01:24:55 AM »
The game doesn't work properly on the Action Replay DSi. I reccomend getting an Acekard2i and installing the latest AKAIO firmware.
google is your friend :3

(I've had an M3i Zero/Sakura, Acekard2i, R4, R4i-sdhc, and AR-DSi  I recomend the Acekard2i using the AKAIO firmware over all the others, and a very good price too :D )

Sorry for my spelling and grammar; I'm American.

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »
It was a small mistake, nothing more to be said... >.> Does anyone have Parsee sprites for a boss?

(could a moderator delete THIS particular post. I hate clutter and I shouldnt have made it , sorry >.> )
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:26:21 PM by Deishido »

Deishido

• Furry Artist
    • My FurAffinity Page
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2011, 05:37:19 AM »
Warning, stages may be exceptionally difficult, but not unbeatable!

Third Stage (Crisis Line) is very unstable. It needs quite a bit of work, PLEASE give sugestions! I would like to make more spells for the miniboss and clean up the last two boss spells. The main stage should be longer I think. This stage is meant to be on par with EXTRA stages and to be long and frustratingly hard!  :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwvysa3udqo6m3u

Yes I know its necromancy, but I believe that it would be better to keep this thread (with the information it contains) rather than starting a new one.

Anyway, here's a few months of work. there is no bgm enabled in these stages (My internet connection couldn't upload the music files D: ) if there is any issue with any of the stages, please let me know. any feedback on this would be great.

PS. Still looking for parsee sprites >.>
NOTE: the miniboss and the boss are Original Characters. simply because I wanted to draw sprites and I happen to like this character. :B

INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip the file you downloaded, winrar is wonderful
>> Download >> http://www.mediafire.com/?mwvysa3udqo6m3u

Inside the .rar file is a folder labeled "TouhouDS" simply drag this to the root of your card and allow folders to merge. (If merging was not an option then you put the files in the wrong place or you do not already have TouhouDS installed) The tex_enemy files will ask if they can replace the old files, click yes. this will not affect any other sprites (unless you edited the tex_enemy files yourself) this file simply allows the miniboss to be visible.

so yeah... download and test please?  :derp: if enough people ask, I'll replace Shiro with Yamaxanadu or something. I bring up Yamaxanadu because Shiro's danmaku are usually either black or white :3
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:24:25 PM by Deishido »