Author Topic: MotK Jazz/Rock Band (Starters)  (Read 44986 times)

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: MotK Jazz/Rock Band (Starters)
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
"I realize it's difficult to actually do sessions together over the internet, but I think it can be workable possibly using Skype or some other conference call stuff, and maybe using Audacity for recording individual parts and putting them together. I mean, it shouldn't be impossible. If anyone has any ideas in this vein, please provide them."

Well, all the collaboration stuff Ive ever done has just been using that second method. So we could prolly get by without skype =p Just gotta make sure everyone is in the correct tuning and use a metronome, or provided we can get a drum track, that. So, first things first would be song structure. I'll be workin on that over the next few days and posting samples as I go along. So if ya hear something ya don't like, or something ya think should be changed, just lemme know~ Also feel free to jam over whatever im recording, or post your own stuff and I guarantee ill jump in XD After thats all done, we simply record the parts separately and hand them over to a mixer in, .wav format for quality. I dont think I should do that part since im pretty terrible at mixing xD and thats that~

Shanoa

• In the pipe, five by five
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »
Theres another guy ive worked with alot who I dont believe is a member of this forum, but if you'd like me to contact him, he could throw a bass line on top of anything we give him within a couple of days.

Hi, that's me I guess, just thought I'd check in as I'm always up for collaboration.  The thing I like to play most is lead guitar but I can also do bass, or perhaps drum sequencing at a push.  I'm not sure if I'm suited for jazz though, we'll see

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »
welcome to the forums
and good to have another one around

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:41 PM »
Hi, that's me I guess, just thought I'd check in as I'm always up for collaboration.  The thing I like to play most is lead guitar but I can also do bass, or perhaps drum sequencing at a push.  I'm not sure if I'm suited for jazz though, we'll see

Yo amigo  :D

No worries man, Ive never done jazz before either, but its fun stuff XD Anywho, honestly your better than me on guitar, so if ya wanna take lead thats cool. I can stick to acoustic stuff, but we have another guitar player as well so we gotta fit him in. Ghosty here is pretty competent on bass it seems so I think thats covered~

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Haha well its not lookin good as far as other members of the band =p Out of all the people Ive contacted, only Nobu got back to me with a maybe. So, so far we have 3 people capable on a guitar, 3 on a bass, one who can do a drum sequence. Possibly a trumpet, and possibly a sax. I dunno if were gonna have the instruments for a jazz song XD but worse comes to worst we can always do a rock arrange I guess. Have more than enough members for that~

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:10 PM »
Here ghosty, 3/4 timing at 200 bpm

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »
Here ghosty, 3/4 timing at 200 bpm

thx a lot but i am going to dive into it tomorrow :(
i have to go in a social event or sth LOL

btw 200bpm? .

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
thx a lot but i am going to dive into it tomorrow :(
i have to go in a social event or sth LOL

btw 200bpm? .

No worries amigo, I know timezones are screwin with us anyway XD

And yeah, 200 bpm in waltz timin.

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »
Random riffs, pro quo.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
Random riffs, pro quo.

Haha kinda reminds me of Primus XD  I'll mess with it some tomorrow, at least some parts anyway. Alot of em change around to frequently for me to really follow consistently.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
Random riffs, pro quo.

Couldn't really play over the track since its not really organized, but heres what I got from playin around with that riff you played at :50.

Also, good news children~ I heard back from our watermelon drummer, and he's still ready to go. Unfortunately he wont be able to record any actual drums xD but he's offered to do some sequencing which should take some of the load off of Shan. So, we have a couple options. We can wait on some more instruments for the jazz arrange, preferably some kind of brass instrument and a piano. We can go ahead with the jazz arrange now and see if one of us can sequence some extra instruments. Hopefully it will come out realistic enough, but it wont be the same as a live recording =p Or we can go for a rock arrange of it, which we have more than enough instruments to cover.

Whaty'all wanna do?

Shanoa

« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »
Couldn't really play over the track since its not really organized, but heres what I got from playin around with that riff you played at :50.

Also, good news children~ I heard back from our watermelon drummer, and he's still ready to go. Unfortunately he wont be able to record any actual drums xD but he's offered to do some sequencing which should take some of the load off of Shan.

I guess I am no longer needed ;_;

Well, that's fine, if there's any miscellaneous guitar or bass parts needed I'm more than happy to help out.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »
I guess I am no longer needed ;_;

Well, that's fine, if there's any miscellaneous guitar or bass parts needed I'm more than happy to help out.

Haha thats the point amigo =p Watermelonz can handle drums so you can concentrate on lead guitar with Sky.

Shanoa

« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:53 PM »
Anyway yeah, since I can't send PMs yet I had no choice but to post in this thread.

SMS, if you want to bounce lead guitar ideas off me or discuss anything please don't hesitate to send me an email

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
SMS seems to be getting really busy, and is considering resigning. If that happens, do you want to take over, flamezero? You already seem to be doing so :V.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »
Eh, I dont wanna be in charge though... That way, I cant be blamed when the project sinks XD

Also, resigning from organizing or altogether (including guitar playin)?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »
Not sure which yet, he'll have to elaborate. He just said he'd be really busy these next two months.

necorelli

• i'll stab you with an end pin
    • twitter
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2011, 11:08:46 PM »
So yeah, I'm still playing sax.
I'm just gonna be really busy for the next three weeks or so. (lolol middle school uil sucks durr)
But I got a fancy new condenser mic, so I'm all happy. I didn't read the thread or anything, but do we have music?
my cello is a bit too big

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
So yeah, I'm still playing sax.
I'm just gonna be really busy for the next three weeks or so. (lolol middle school uil sucks durr)
But I got a fancy new condenser mic, so I'm all happy. I didn't read the thread or anything, but do we have music?

Well if we have a sax, I think it's enough for some jazz~ Alright amigo, lemme know when your ready to get started. In the meantime we should definitely have at least the structure, if not most of the composition down within a few weeks. So for right now, there should be a few samples up on page 5, two of which I think we could use. Check out the one's called phantom sample, and ensemble sample 2, and see which ya would rather do. Unless anyone else has a suggestion?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2011, 12:35:56 AM »
Well, to be fair, I'm also a sax player, flamezero. So you already had a sax :P.

I just need to, like, not be really ill :V.

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2011, 12:54:52 AM »
Well, to be fair, I'm also a sax player, flamezero. So you already had a sax :P.

I just need to, like, not be really ill :V.

True, but when I spoke with ya on IRC, ya gave the impression you were busy =p More the merrier though~

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2011, 02:12:56 AM »
Too busy to run this thing. I can play occasionally.