Author Topic: Post Those Absurdly Difficult Bosses (and Games)! *possilble spoilers*  (Read 13770 times)

Zatsuza from DoDonPachi Dai Fukkatsu Black Label. Watch the PCB get pushed to its limits at the end. Slows to a crawl.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Heh, well, since you mentioned
Spoiler:
Orphan
you reminded me of another boss that makes not only me but many people rage.

That boss is Barthandelus Second, you fight him at the end of Chapter 11, and by god is he HARD.

The fight starts out normally enough, until he gains his "face", by which point he'll be able to cast Cursaga(Multi-Target curse, makes all afflicted get their attacks stopped no matter what) and poisonga(No problems here, really.) so you need "Veil" to survive this fight (Thankfully, that's the first SYN skill Fang learns) the problem being is that he also has 4 un-targetable "laser shooters" so cursaga is a real killer, he has an attack called "Thanatosian Laughter" which deserves the name it has(Thanatos = Greek God Of Death), it deals a LOT of damage and is a fullscreen, he also had Apoptosis which nullifies all Debbufs on him and all buffs on you, it also nullifies a summon immediately, again, fullscreen, finally, if the fight reaches 20 minutes he will cast "Doom" which will start a counter, once it's over, Game Over.

Though your reward for this fight is this sweet-ass cutscene (Yes, spoilers)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Zatsuza from DoDonPachi Dai Fukkatsu Black Label. Watch the PCB get pushed to its limits at the end. Slows to a crawl.
That's the DVD footage? Because I haven't seen anyone face Zatsuza outside of the 360 port.

That's the DVD footage? Because I haven't seen anyone face Zatsuza outside of the 360 port.

No idea. Looks like it came from NicoVideo. I just went with the first result on Youtube. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
This is one of the major reasons I want a 360. I don't mind losing royally to this guy - hell, I'll be fine with that! :o

No new hard boss from me yet. Or easy one.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Post Those Absurdly Difficult Bosses (and Games)!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »
If you think the bosses in Persona are bad (and they are, don't get me wrong), wait until you see some of the stuff in the main SMT series.
Spoiler:
Mem Aleph
, hoo boy. Can hit you with party-wide attacks of ANY element, including the instant-death Light and Dark elements, has a powerful physical attack, and can do wonderful things like inflict status effects on you, force your party out of battle, and cancel out any debuffs you've put on it. I haven't done the Law or Chaos paths yet, but I hear
Spoiler:
Commander Gore
can be even more brutal.

Spoiler:
Good ol' Commander
is just mean =_= He reflects Physical, Gun. So you're pretty much forced to stick with magical attacks. The good thing is that he DOES have weakness, but he still has a lot of brutal Physical attacks, meaning the only way to really ensure victory against him is to use your own Physical-reflecting demons such as Doppelganger, or spam Tetrakarn... To be honest, Law Route has the harder final boss
Spoiler:
Jimenez
, since he likes to annoy you with lame status like Bomb, can buff himself with Left Hand forcing you to Dekunda him so he doesn't freaking explode you with his other offensive attacks >_> While Chaos route
Spoiler:
Zerenin
pretty much forces you to pack Charm resist else you'll kill yourself...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
It's interesting to note that Left Hand only buffs and only for +1, while Right Hand buffs all by +2 AND heals her by a good chunk of HP. >:(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Re: Post Those Absurdly Difficult Bosses (and Games)!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 03:42:49 AM »
We are all remiss for not posting THAT ONE KROGAN.  You know, the one at the end of Liara's recruitment in ME1?  The one that kills you in two hits with Master Barrier and Immunity?

I was going to post that.  And I went straight there on my first playthrough and had no idea what I was doing.  Took over two hours.

Also Mishaguji in the first Devil Summoner.  Stupid charmed demon kepted healing him again and again.  By the time I finally took him down I probably killed him at least three times over.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
FFXIII has my most hated boss ever.
Attacus? Falls in 8~10 minutes.
Long Guis, the self-proclamed hardest boss in the game? Give me 10 minutes.
Vercingetorix, the final mission boss? Give me 15 minutes;

Zirnirtra? Give me a few Anti-rage drugs and MAYBE he will fall.

I can't find a video about him, but he has this "normal" ranged attack that inflicts all debuffs in the game + poison. He will keep using it until gus target (Most likely your leader) has deshell, deprotect and slow. By whuch point he'll use Feeding Stoop, which is OHKO if the target has deprotect, which he will.

Thankfully, he's optional

The attacks you're talking about I'll presume they are Doom and Merciless Judgement?

That other attack i still dont remember, but that wasnt its name, and it isnt doom. doom isnt instant, its countdown. Remember Death Sentence? What he does is pure instant. soon as he does it, if it hits, you're gone.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Most of my difficult fights have already been mentioned, so I'll quickly comment.

-Justice (Guilty Gear) is very tough, yes. It is possible to Destroy her, but it's very difficult. If you destroy anyone through the main game, you increase the chances that Justice will Destroy you. ugh..  However, I got very good at juggling her with Axl. Baiken's not bad, she's just defensive.

-Hitoshura (SMT DDS1) Never managed to clear this fight before I had to return the game to a friend. Totally agree that this boss is made from pure liquid "FUCK YOU". I have no idea what the Red Star strategy is, though.

-
Spoiler:
Barthandelus/Orphan
(FFXIII) All fights are difficult, yes. I had the most trouble with the very first fight in Chapter 10, due to mismanagement of equipment. My problem with these fights is
Spoiler:
not the fight per se, but the fact that all your hard work is for nothing each time. He easily smites you down or runs away in the following scene.
*sigh*  .. and yes many of the optional fights in the game fill me with rage.

My contributions: (those that quickly come to mind)
-Stage Bosses 5 & 6. (Blaster Master)
Boss 6 can easily be taken down if you use a glitch that attacks him while the game is paused. Otherwise, you'll have a very hard time hitting and dodging his claws, as they are very quick and very long. Boss 5 cannot be killed by the aforementioned glitch, so you have to get right up close to him to attack. This one spits out more and more bubbles as the fight goes on. They're in a bit of a pattern, but he moves while shooting, so that throws things off.

-Elecman (Megaman)
With the Rolling Cutter, this boss is a cinch. But why use that? Go ahead and fight him without special weapons in a game without sliding, Mega Buster, or Energy Tanks. It definitely doesn't help that Elecman is very quick, and can kill you in 2-3 hits. He is the only boss out of all of the games that  I couldn't defeat with the default weapon.

I'm sure I'll remember more later.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
Phobos & Oberon in Counter-Strike Online.

Weapon disarming, one-hit kill lunge-dash, and swarming mook zombies. You have to balance the amount of zombies while fighting Phobos. Not a big deal? Try that when most of your teammates are underleveled. Disaster. It took me quite a few times to make sure I won this one, but it's so damned hard. Let's not talk about Dead End map, Juggernaut, Phobos, Phobos Beta, Deimos and Oberon, all of them in a row.

Though, if you manage to defeat Phobos, you can get his DNA, one of the four ingredients which you can synthesize to get a variety of helpful items.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:08:25 PM by [K]ArikadoYamato »

The Unlimited RR

• Last Showdown RR&D
    • Photobuckitz
Motaro (Mortal Kombat 3) - Absolutely beastly, unable to be frozen (much less anything projectile-wise) and ruthless beyond all hell.  Only got to him once or twice when I still had my SNES.

Alpha Blogg (Metroid Prime 2) - Seriously, is there ANY way to beat this damn thing without losing tons of health?!  Even after using Darkburst, it took me a long time to finish it!  How come he's so friggin' fast?

Magaki (KOF XI) -Creepy as hell, and unable to stop spamming projectiles.  I wonder what SNKP smoked when making this guy up.  Even Rugal had some sort of decency when he kicked your ass.

Mocking Morning

• Tonight We Stand In Circles!
  • DHS Danmaku Inspector
Old King Allant of Demons' Souls. Ask yourselves this: How many bosses you know have the ability to de-level your character if he gets a hold of you?

Demons Souls is basically a game of addictive torture...
How many times have you woken up and asked yourself: What the hell am I doing?
Today, your plane did not blow up thanks to the cooperation of Touhou Girls and TSA Officers.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
de-level

I see that in a few of the RPGs I've played as a status effect.
What, is that permanent?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
yeah
 you lose a point in your highest stat. If there's a tie between them, it goes to Most important to your build.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Takofuusen

• Octopus Balloon
  • DOOPADOOPADOOPADOOP
Dr. Fetus in Super Meat Boy. I'm enraged just thinking about it. Freaking buzzsaws!
Both fights against Fassad in Mother 3. Really doesn't help that Fassad's a big jerk.
The Elite 4 in Pokemon Black and White were pretty tough too.
The only other one I can think of at this time is Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2. I don't like those games anymore, but even imagining, "DANCE WATER DANCE" in my head makes me want to kick something.
I thought of something witty to put here, but I forgot.

B20F in Etrian Odyssey.  Like 10 minibosses and the main boss herself roaming the floor. Kill the boss before defeating all the minibosses and it respawns. The minibosses are difficult when faced one at a time. The way the battle system works, you can (and will) fight 3 at a time.

If you leave the floor at any point (to heal, for example), EVERYTHING respawns.

Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.