Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 207800 times)

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
Cosmic Break
« on: November 29, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
So basically, this a game where you play as Moe Mechas. But under all the cuteness, there is a really serious story.

This is a video that explains the story : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOW2jP3nTA&feature=related

Anyway, does anyone play it, here on MoTK?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:22:17 PM by Nat Tea »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
I've played through both betas and mini-betas. I really enjoy and will now do so even more now that the Ivis hell is over. My newest addiction really.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
How cute. Too bad it's not in english yet.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
I recall a lot of people on MotK being excited about this game. I wonder where they all went... Maybe we could organize ourselves into one of the factions and play together.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:16:56 PM by Odda C. »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
You were saying?
I didn't know that. ^^;; I might look into it if I get bored, I tend to stay away from MMOs (except Kol).

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
Hell yes I play. I'm with /M/enofDestiny at the moment. Are we making an official clan?

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 11:04:24 PM »
We should really figure out what union everyone's gonna be in (I'm assuming they're gonna let us reselect, now that the wipe has happened) so we can get this ship outta port.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »
It'd be cool to start today, so I'm just gonna throw out there that I like Bladine (for COURAGE and FRIENDSHIP) and Wizdom (for SMARTS and RIE TANAKA). Maybe I'll just make two characters and have one on each faction until we pick one to stick to?

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 01:38:59 AM »
I'm up for either DOS or BRD.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 02:38:16 AM »
I just might get this ^_^

What difference does each union make? Cosmetic(looks, or a minor variation on a quest), or does it actually affect gameplay notably(drops, shops, enemies). If it's cosmetic, or mostly minor gameplay changes, I'm fine with anything.

Anyone notice the Legend of Zelda Triforce related things for the Unions, and their leaders? Link wears Green and has Courage, BRD has Lios who is Green and is for Courage. Ganon/Ganondorf and the DOS leader are both notably Red and are for Power, and WIZ Leader is mostly Pink and is for Wisdom, like Zelda.

Either I looking into it too deeply, or this is a LoZ reference. :V if it's a ref, I like it :) If not, it's kinda funny how it worked out.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:33 AM »
I just might get this ^_^

What difference does each union make? Cosmetic(looks, or a minor variation on a quest), or does it actually affect gameplay notably(drops, shops, enemies). If it's cosmetic, or mostly minor gameplay changes, I'm fine with anything.

Anyone notice the Legend of Zelda Triforce related things for the Unions, and their leaders? Link wears Green and has Courage, BRD has Lios who is Green and is for Courage. Ganon/Ganondorf and the DOS leader are both notably Red and are for Power, and WIZ Leader is mostly Pink and is for Wisdom, like Zelda.

Either I looking into it too deeply, or this is a LoZ reference. :V if it's a ref, I like it :) If not, it's kinda funny how it worked out.

[WMG]Or maybe the Cosmic Ark is a result of the Triforce tearing the fabric of reality, creating a Hyrule-influenced pocket dimension. The giant sword in Bladine is in fact, the master sword after lying dormant for thousands of years while drawing technology to itself until it became Bladine, a physical technological god, possibly born from the remains of Gigatron and Unicron and no one even knows it.[/WMG]

But enough of that. Unions don't effect gameplay at all, aside from the fact that Rie Tanaka yells at you when you lose a Union Wars match as a WIZ member.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 02:54:28 AM »
But under all the cuteness, there is a really serious story.
The story's not that serious unless you're talking about Ivis or such.

Also, when you're playing, do not be a dumbass and make shield wofl. As viable as it is, people will push you into rivers and shoot you until you explode just because of how annoying you are for using it.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 02:56:47 AM »
But enough of that. Unions don't effect gameplay at all, aside from the fact that Rie Tanaka yells at you when you lose a Union Wars match as a WIZ member.

I'm really against going WIZ considering most of the shit players are in WIZ.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 02:59:31 AM »
The story's not that serious unless you're talking about Ivis or such.

Also, when you're playing, do not be a dumbass and make shield wofl. As viable as it is, people will push you into rivers and shoot you until you explode just because of how annoying you are for using it.

*cough*sibladeko*cough*

I'm really against going WIZ considering most of the shit players are in WIZ.

It probably seems that way because WIZ has/had far more people than the other unions. Trust me, BRD and DOZ weren't much better. :/

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:36:51 AM »
Be a jerk, steal my channel while I'm computerless.

irc.ppirc.net
#cosmicmaiden

If you see any remaining junk around, that was when I was playing Cosmic Break JPN a long time ago. Also, Chen may be around. Teammate in the JPN server, that's all. APPARENTLY NOT. Hooray for being a moron!~

I'll be there once I get my new computer to see all of you.

Or not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:49:21 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
Difference between Touhou and Cosmic Break isn't very big. They are both games where you play as lolis that shoot epic stuff.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
Most of the CB girls are -way- too chesty to be called loli, dude. >_>

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »
Most of the CB girls are -way- too chesty to be called loli, dude. >_>

Big-breasted lolis.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 01:59:19 AM »
You two, please shut up and tell me what robots I missed since the Ivis update in the first open beta.

Thanks!
Horie dorie~

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:19:46 AM »
You two, please shut up and tell me what robots I missed since the Ivis update in the first open beta.

Thanks!

cardhoppers and Ouka

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
cardhoppers and Ouka

And Amateus, the Brickgales, those cheerleader bots, Gun Arms and a shitload of palette swaps.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:34:22 AM by Odda C. »

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 01:57:09 AM »
They came out with a flash game today.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 03:22:41 AM »
Since I'm not certain, is the game playable now? They mentioned being closed after a beta, so I wasn't sure.

Also, which of the 3 groups should we go with?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 03:27:31 AM »
The website says that we have until the 13th to decide.

I kind of wanna go with Rie Tanaka yelling at me if I fail, but I dunno how everyone else feels about that. :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 03:29:43 AM »
I'll go with whichever.

BTW, who has Rie Tanaka voiced? That name sounds familiar, but I'm unsure. Maybe it's just Persona getting to me :V

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
There are three types of mechas in this game. Air types, Artillery types and Ivis.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy