Author Topic: Sailor of Ti- er, codes (Grimoire of Marisa V 1.0!)  (Read 3413 times)

ChiyuriKitashirakawa

• timesurfingSailor
  • Time is my sea, space my board.
Sailor of Ti- er, codes (Grimoire of Marisa V 1.0!)
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »
Hey there! Here I will dump everything I do in DMF from now on.
And here's my first creation!
Grimoire of Marisa 0.3
Disregard the fact that the spell background is Reimu's, and enjoy! Also thanks to everyone who had a hand in the creation of this (Sprites, images, tutorials, etc)!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:35:35 PM by ChiyuriKitashirakawa »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Sailor of Ti- er, codes (Grimoire of Marisa V 0.3!)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. It is always good to see new people signing up and creating their own dump-dnh thread.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
There's no script uploaded >_>

ChiyuriKitashirakawa

• timesurfingSailor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
Goddamnit, all uploading services are wonky for me today.
http://www.2shared.com/file/TWyfw2qL/Grimoire_of_Marisa.html
This should do for now.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »
The plural doesn't work and some of the scripts are pathed wrong with things not included in the file (ie. Yuyufam in a tutorial folder that seems to be in your own script folder).  You may want to try to path it right and release it again.  :ohdear:

ChiyuriKitashirakawa

• timesurfingSailor
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
Oh for the love of-
Now it works. I have to test this thing every time I go to an internet cafe for uploading before doing so. >>
http://www.mediafire.com/?mthm7mmsh8k0waz
This should do. AGAIN.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
At last, it does.

Which means it is time for constructive criticism~  :3

First, the most egregious one:

Your first attack has about 3~4 times as much life as it should have. Your other three attacks have about 15~25 times as much life as they should have.
A good starting point is usually 3000 life and a damage rate of 100, or 300 life and a damage rate of 10. Your attacks have a rate of 10 and life in the thousands.
You usually do not want to force a player to spend more than 40 seconds on any attack or spellcard. Heck, most noncards have usually a timeout phase of 40 seconds, the shooting itself should take that much shorter then. The exception are, of course, spells that get sequentially harder, most notably final attacks and timeout cards.

In return, you will want to put in a SetInvincibility(180); in the @Initialize{ } that prevents damage from bombs used on the previous attack to spill over into the next, cheesing it.

Now, as for the actual danmaku, it seemed solid to me. I would have probably enjoyed the script if they hadn't been so drawn out.
I don't like the third attack, though. It appears that it is supposed to be a homage to Hourai Jewel, but the fact that the bullet speed changes makes it wth-ish. Furthermore, if the bullets get aimed at you in such a way that they hit the wall again, they still reflect, which makes for bs situations with the fast bullets.
The increased randomness on the other bullets makes it a little more interesting than the original (which in my opinion is one of the least fun attacks in the series, but that is just taste), but also less pretty.

Overall not bad for a first script, except for the life. ^^'
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:56:10 AM »
Yeah, that massive health isn't really fun. Also Marisa moved off the playing field during my playthrough and I use MarisaB. There wasn't a way to hit her with a straight shooter until she decided to move back into the playing field.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

ChiyuriKitashirakawa

• timesurfingSailor
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?0l9wdhppuvcj2p5

Many fixes are had, improvements are done!

QUICK EDIT: Also, I need heavy improvements on my nonspells. Any advice?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:13:43 PM by ChiyuriKitashirakawa »

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 08:57:42 PM »
There are still some bugs:

1.Second-to-last and last nonspell is too hard (even for Extra and Phantasm) to dodge, because those stars are moving way too fast and waves of those bullets are usually thick.
2.Last spell is unplayable, because there is error in "MarisaSmallFam.txt", which makes Danmakufu freeze.
3.There is still problem with spellcards - they end too fast. Add more life or set lower damage rate for shooting and null damage for bombs, if this is extra mode. (SetDamageRate(x,y) x - for shooting and y - for bombs)

Overall, it's good.

ChiyuriKitashirakawa

• timesurfingSailor
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
Hooray, Bulletgorge actually works!
http://bulletforge.org/u/chiyurikitashirakawa/p/the-grimoire-of-marisa/v/10
I think this should be complete by now.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
Re: Sailor of Ti- er, codes (Grimoire of Marisa V 1.0!)
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
Cleared Full Mode with Dark Sanae.
[attach=1]
The nonspells still seems to have a bit too much health.