Author Topic: New Touhou Wiki!  (Read 108576 times)

Momiji

• Cya
Re: New Touhou Wiki!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
Uh ? He updated it a week ago. :V
See here.

Oh, by the way, you can use either http://www.touhouwiki.net/ and http://en.touhouwiki.net/, both are the same thing anyway.

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »
See here.

I mean, he changed the message in Special:WikiActivity to link to the new wiki a week ago.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:19 PM »
Well at this point it doesn't matter, I put up the notice on the mainpage.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
I read enough and am convinced too. Mainly the jerk move of forcing layout alone if like destroying common sense.

As contributor for Defense of the Shrines, I will end my support to wikia and move over to the wiki. However as discussed on IRC, for me the image uploading is extremely crucial. Momiji, you told me you were working on it as we speak, let me know about the progress and info. In worst case scenario, we'll manually upload them all anyway.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
Yush, working on it now.   Yay, now we have CHARISMA!!  \o/

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 01:31:49 AM »
Uh oh interference from wikia staff.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 02:48:22 AM »
Shit.  Just.  Got.  Real.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 07:36:40 AM »
What's the worst they can do, delete everything from Wikia? Would that really be a problem at this point?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
What's the worst they can do, delete everything from Wikia? Would that really be a problem at this point?
Nope, probably most of the stuff has been already moved I guess =V

Though I hope the following scenario does not occur, where people intentionally register on the wiki and start the infamous "editing war". After all, people remain people.

edit:

HEY WHITE TENGU WOLF:

Look at this

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:38:53 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
If you people are right gee I wonder when they will remove the new link on the old touhou wikia page.
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
No that's actually the best thing they can do.  What Wikia is doing now is the absolute worse, deleting any attempt at linking to the new link and appointing new admins in order to keep their version alive.  Wikia isn't above SEO poisoning either.

In order to get people to use the new wiki, we have to outrank the old wikia wiki on search results and/or close down the wikia page.  We can't do the latter, and the former is going to be hard as hell.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Well, outranking is hard as hell but it can take rapid speeds. By reading the touhou discussion page many many people are annoyed of wikia. Also regular contributors I seen have expressed their opinion on wikia. Seems like there is a kick-start support. It just needs to be taken into serious news spreading.

Forum communities are already huge impact anyway. We just need to keep reminding and notifying. Communities die quickly when there is no support. And seeing the recent changes, wikia is losing that support pretty fast. Hiring new admins isn't going to keep up once it accelerates.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:02:22 PM by Helepolis »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »

brb networking

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Good idea furien,  do the same  for the danmakufu folks following me on youtube. (Its not much but better than nothing)

edit:

Why the fuck doesn't youtube allow me to post a bulletin. It is probably due to the links I am pasting in there. But what the fuck ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:00:09 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
I put one on mine with the link. Not that anyone views my tube.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
If you people are right gee I wonder when they will remove the new link on the old touhou wikia page.
They had already done this yesterday, and someone added it back up.  They're already trying to remove any evidence of the move, and they're getting ready to try to get other people to take over adminship of that wiki, essentially creating a fork.  They've been doing this to pretty much every wiki that's left their hosting.  Pretty nefarious.

Anyway, thanks for the linking everyone.  The more the better. ^.^

HEY WHITE TENGU WOLF:
AAAH OJOUSAMA~ <3
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:53:30 PM by Momiji »

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
with regards to the search ranking:

Google has a sandbox rule where sites that rise quickly in rankings are sometimes subject to a "probationary period" where their rankings are lowered or hidden for a while to ensure it is not someone spamming. since Touhouwiki.net rose massively in traffic since its debut, the flux of traffic probably what caused it to be sandboxed, thus removing the page 3 results that were there. I have done the necessary submissions to the crawler and other resources, so as long as the site remains active and people are patient, it will eventually rank high once more. the site is definitely being indexed; searching for a unique phrase on a page returns Wikia as first result, and our site as the second.

I appreciate the massive support everyone has shown so far, and I look forward to seeing the site grow far beyond Wikia. thank you everyone for the links and announcements; let's keep the momentum going.

Docteur Hartmann

• Komeiji Koishi's Father
  • Found a Nice Remote and a Mind Screwing device.
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
Okay, I changed the links from the french wiki. I also tried to put an automatic redirection, from the french touhou wiki.net's page, but I failed. I'll try again later.
Bipolar, paranoid, half-crazy, hateful, philanthropic. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm a ddyk. Hahahaha, nobody's gonna get this one.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
A little late to the party, but I should say my thanks here too.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
Well I'm moving over as well. Mostly cause I didn't like the "new look" the old wikia updated to. it made everythin narrower and the ads...dam ads = =
I too work on some games there. TPW still and the touhou card game RSO. Guess I better make sure all the things are transferred over. I wasn't aware of a new wikia until someone on the poosh RSO thread mentioned it. I was still updating the old wikia so i've got to move the new stuff i did without knowing over or something.

Hopefully it isn't much. but oh well. Down with Ads! All hail Charisma!
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
Okay, I changed the links from the french wiki. I also tried to put an automatic redirection, from the french touhou wiki.net's page, but I failed. I'll try again later.

I have spoken with Hakkai, and this is now functional.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2010, 12:49:29 AM »
A little late to the party, but I should say my thanks here too.

Same here. Many thanks, indeed.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 02:49:56 AM »
Thanks Master Bigode for reporting links to be updated.  You haven't gone unnoticed :V

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:58 AM »
As I mentioned, I've been changing the links on my site (and I spent an hour a few days or so changing the links in the comments on my site ... some of which, I discovered, were broken because they linked to things on "User:Kimiko" that I'd since moved to my site), and I've tweeted about it twice. Thanks everyone who's spreading the word.

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
I was about to start looking into changing the links in TvTropes, but noticed that someone beat me to the punch. GJ, whoever did that.

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
I just re-fixed a few TV Tropes links. It wasn't an edit war or anything; whoever first replaced them linked to the nonexistent "http://http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki/wiki/" instead of "http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/" so someone else had reverted the links to Wikia ones.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21:43 PM »
The proper URL should be either http://www.touhouwiki.net/ or http://en.touhouwiki.net/ .  And again, thanks a whole bunch for everyone's link fixing and plugging, every little bit helps.  \o/

Sarah Manley, one of Wikia's six admins, was posting on the Wikia wiki's main talk page about keeping the old wiki, I gave her a piece of my mind (Local copy of the talkpage there).

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »
What I meant was that it was linking to (for example) http://http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki/wiki/Kasen_Ibara instead of http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Kasen_Ibara. Sorry for the confusion.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »
Weird.  Oh well, glad it's fixed.  ^.^

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »
I am perfectly happy with moving away from Wikia and will support this new wiki with my obsessive fangame detailing work.