Author Topic: Downloading Touhou Games  (Read 21485 times)

Re: Downloading Touhou Games
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2010, 01:05:04 AM »
okay i believe you

Hmm... read the rest of that post.

Also, bad choice of words. "Economic Pressures" make more sense than "Critical". Or something like that.

Edit: We had the same point, it seems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:07:31 AM by Ubiquitial »
Let me back into CPMC :|

Drake

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2010, 01:39:26 AM »
i was just pointing out your bad choice of words, it was a joke

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2010, 01:46:56 AM »
i was just pointing out your bad choice of words, it was a joke

Oh.  :derp:

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2010, 02:32:27 AM »
It's hard to have artistic competition from a musical standpoint when most good works are overshadowed by the okay ones with flash videos to accompany them. That aside, it honestly seems that you can pretty much throw whatever you want out there, whether it's good or not, and people will eat it up if it has the Touhou name on it. A number of doujin circles, even the ones that are established and have evolved as artists, still tend to release mediocre works and will still, no doubt, profit from it, just because Touhou is involved somehow. There are dozens upon dozens of circles involved in the "competition", and I'm really not seeing an increase in the overall quality, especially not while groups like Innocent Key are allowed to exist, remain terrible, and still keep one of the bigger circle fanbases.

"Good" is a relative term. Maybe you think Innocent Key's songs are terrible, but I'm sure there are a large number of people who genuinely adore them.

Really, the whole discussion of "terrible Touhou arrange artists are only still allowed to exist is because they do stuff related to Touhou" is faulty in itself. There are plenty of Touhou arranges that the majority says are horrible, but does that stop those groups from making music? Generally not. Sure, good reception is a bonus, but I'm certain that most of these doujin artists are doing what they do because they want to do it. Innocent Key wants to make the songs they do. IOSYS wants to make the songs they do. Black Night Funeral and Demetori want to make the songs they do. They're taking a page from ZUN's book and just doing it because they enjoy it, horrible or not. And I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to make what they want to make, even if it genuinely sucks.

And if your only real problem is with fans of those groups making them popular and overshadowing the works of other artists, well, that's pretty much the same thing as hating Touhou because you hate the fans. A ridiculous reason, essentially.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
"Good" is a relative term. Maybe you think Innocent Key's songs are terrible, but I'm sure there are a large number of people who genuinely adore them.

Really, the whole discussion of "terrible Touhou arrange artists are only still allowed to exist is because they do stuff related to Touhou" is faulty in itself. There are plenty of Touhou arranges that the majority says are horrible, but does that stop those groups from making music? Generally not. Sure, good reception is a bonus, but I'm certain that most of these doujin artists are doing what they do because they want to do it. Innocent Key wants to make the songs they do. IOSYS wants to make the songs they do. Black Night Funeral and Demetori want to make the songs they do. They're taking a page from ZUN's book and just doing it because they enjoy it, horrible or not. And I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to make what they want to make, even if it genuinely sucks.

And if your only real problem is with fans of those groups making them popular and overshadowing the works of other artists, well, that's pretty much the same thing as hating Touhou because you hate the fans. A ridiculous reason, essentially.

I wish I was as goddamn articulate as you are.

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
Kinect paired with Touhou would be really bizarre, I would say. BUT THIS

Swing your arms left to go left
Swing your arms right to go right
Jump to move up
Duck to move down
Pelvic thrust to bomb

PROBLEM SOLVED

This would be awesome, however. So, jump incredibly fast to move up? What about precision jumping tapping?

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
Swing your arms left to go left
Swing your arms right to go right
Jump to move up
Duck to move down
Pelvic thrust to bomb

PROBLEM SOLVED
I'm not sure if pelvic thrusting would cause me to bomb more or... well I can't really bomb less than I already am. Now I'm imagining someone playing lunatic and looking like they're doing :getdown:
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »
Kinect paired with Touhou would be really bizarre, I would say. BUT THIS

This would be awesome, however. So, jump incredibly fast to move up? What about precision jumping tapping?

I was thinking jumps would vault you up some distance.
Precision movements can just use jerks of your elbows and hands I guess. ???

The deathbomb timer would have to be extended, though, so the game isn't impossible for non-rapists :V